Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Raid Healing Chloro Spec

Sword of Telara

Default Best Raid Healing Chloro Spec

So I was thinking it over, at what a chloro absolutely needs for DPS and looking at some of the DPS Hybrids with Chloro/Ele, Chlorolock, etc. and came up with the following build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...xx0V0VVx.V0jco

As far as raid utility (Volcanic Bomb + Power Drain + Consuming Flames for tank) and heal output (5/5 Call of spring and highest archon + warlock buffs) I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Is there a competitive build that has higher raid output?

Have you tested it? The reason chloro/ele has such high HPS is due to how Tempest works with chloro (and especially with Flourish/Bloom)
    Chloromancer
    5/5 GS | 4/4 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 10/11 HK
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Soulwalker

You should have a 51 archon in your raid, as such I would suggest the following:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V00Ro.xx0V0VVx

Soulwalker

Tempest will only supply a 10-15% hps increase depending on your crit chance, while the warlock tree will give you opportunity along with a static 22.5% increase. Granted warlock doesn't work with flourish and bloom, but these abilities are already very powerful, maximizing your hps while they are on CD is typically much more useful.

Highest HPS parse I've seen is chloro/ele, with 3700+ Flourish crits (way higher than my 51pt chloro flourishes). OP asked about 'best raid healing spec', and I'm giving my findings.
    Chloromancer
    Wizards never die.

Sword of Telara

I agree Chloro/Ele is powerful, and unfortunately, I have not been able to test the spec I proposed as I'm currently DPS in my raids. Now I agree that Mage healing is 75% Flourish timing for parse HPS and there isn't often a need for sustained healing beyond this, especially in 10 mans, but if a chloro raid healing can reach sustained cleric numbers then you can obviously find the benefit in that.

I will not argue at all against Chloro/Ele having the highest burst flourishes, and parses are hard to tell which build is most effective for healing (seeing as it's often who hit their button first). I will see how the regular hits + crits compare on a dummy, however, I do find the 20% spell damage increase, Sac Life: Damage and massive stat gain from Rock Slide + pillaging stone, combined with Opportunity + increased charge skill uptime to be a strong competitor at the very least if not higher overall as a dps hybrid and utility as Volcanic Bomb + power drain uptime in a raid adds quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    (seeing as it's often who hit their button first).
    Just hit your button first

I MT heal everything, so I've also never had the chance to test pure AE heal specs in a raid environment.
    Chloromancer
    Wizards never die.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    Just hit your button first

I MT heal everything, so I've also never had the chance to test pure AE heal specs in a raid environment.
    I'll admit for now, raid healing chloros are flourish bots, so maybe Ele/Chloro is the answer for now, but I'll do some DPS parsing to see how the other spec does on a dummy. Will be a little while to say the least until I get it up. At least chloro rotations are so mind numbingly simple that you can test them relatively easily.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by bbockman View Post
    You should have a 51 archon in your raid, as such I would suggest the following:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V00Ro.xx0V0VVx
    The 16 points in archon are not for any auras, this spec he linked won't (or shouldn't) have any archon auras active. It's solely for the 120 intelligence, and 60 wisdom, which amounts to 90 spellpower, 120 crit (4.5%+ crit chance), and a substantially larger mana pool. It also provides you with exhilaration for unlimited mana with no GCD uses, the 50 endurance, an absorption shield, the option to use power drain (on Hylas, for instance), and more.

I've tried a similar spec to this, (20/30/16), but I had my points changed around a bit. It was successful, but was matched by my 26/30/10 chloro/lock/dom, which I liked more. I didn't have to stack ANY archon abilities (let alone adding rockslide to the equation), and I got to spend 6 more points into chloro, allowing me to get my much-loved wild growth. You also get reflective command, memory wipe, deny (amazing), charged shield for your tanks, and mana wrench, which you'll never really use.

So yeah, I recommend trying the spec he listed, see if it works for you, but I recommend the 26/30/10 chloro/lock/dom for the zero downtime and buff maintenance. But, ultimately, I still prefer by 36/30/0 chloro/lock/archon.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Uhgii View Post
    The 16 points in archon are not for any auras, this spec he linked won't (or shouldn't) have any archon auras active. It's solely for the 120 intelligence, and 60 wisdom, which amounts to 90 spellpower, 120 crit (4.5%+ crit chance), and a substantially larger mana pool. It also provides you with exhilaration for unlimited mana with no GCD uses, the 50 endurance, an absorption shield, the option to use power drain (on Hylas, for instance), and more.

I've tried a similar spec to this, (20/30/16), but I had my points changed around a bit. It was successful, but was matched by my 26/30/10 chloro/lock/dom, which I liked more. I didn't have to stack ANY archon abilities (let alone adding rockslide to the equation), and I got to spend 6 more points into chloro, allowing me to get my much-loved wild growth. You also get reflective command, memory wipe, deny (amazing), charged shield for your tanks, and mana wrench, which you'll never really use.

So yeah, I recommend trying the spec he listed, see if it works for you, but I recommend the 26/30/10 chloro/lock/dom for the zero downtime and buff maintenance. But, ultimately, I still prefer by 36/30/0 chloro/lock/archon.
    Yeah I agree dom abilities are nice, can also be covered by archon/dom or necro/dom so many raid compositions can overlap to apply beneficial effects. Archon buffs are never an issue if you prebuff them, then they require 1 GCD each in the average fight to refresh. Why do you prefer 36/30 ? Other than filling up those other extra niceities in chloro?

Ultimately that would come down to chloro vs archon and whether you prefer power drain + shield vs wild growth and soul tether and Natural conversion CDs. The more I play chloro the more I find the tree is littered with skills that seem useful, but ultimately see almost no use in a fight.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    Yeah I agree dom abilities are nice, can also be covered by archon/dom or necro/dom so many raid compositions can overlap to apply beneficial effects. Archon buffs are never an issue if you prebuff them, then they require 1 GCD each in the average fight to refresh. Why do you prefer 36/30 ? Other than filling up those other extra niceities in chloro?

Ultimately that would come down to chloro vs archon and whether you prefer power drain + shield vs wild growth and soul tether and Natural conversion CDs. The more I play chloro the more I find the tree is littered with skills that seem useful, but ultimately see almost no use in a fight.
    The primary draw to the 10 dom is the 10% passive intellect, the other skills are just gravy, aside from Deny, which is awesome. A full cleanse on a short CD is amazing to have available.

Well my draw to the 36 chloro is that you end up missing a bit if you don't dip that deep. Circle of Life, Call of Spring, and Essence Surge come to mind. Plus, as I mentioned, I spec into synth to get NT (which INCREASES my DPS/HPS, I've checked many times), I spec into nature's swiftness to get a faster NF, which increases my DPS. I use wild growth almost on CD.

I've done 36/30, 20/30/16 (with archon), and 26/30/10 (with dom), and the 36/30 often ends up with the most DPS and the most HPS in the end. As you gear up more (and thus, have more int from your gear), I imagine the 10 into dom would probably begin to outweigh the 0-point archon to get your 40 int/wis, which already provides 40 SP and about 2% crit. Currently the 10 from dom get me more int than a 0-point archon, but not enough to be worth 10 points yet.

So yeah, I simply prefer the 36/30 since, for me thus far, it simply outperforms the other two. I've done as much as 700-800 ST DPS in that chloro/lock spec, and 1600 HPS (assuming a lot of raid damage on a relatively stationary fight.) Even higher if there's AoE on the fight, since NF automatically finds those targets.

So far the only spec I haven't tried, and desperately want to, is chloro/ele.

Plane Touched

I can't edit, so sorry for the double post, but I sent almost this exact spec you linked in your original post to Cane, the "chloro god" of the forums, and we both seemed interested in what it could so, since 120 int/60 wis is hard to sneeze at, especially since it doesn't stop you from getting the other buffs to int/wis within the raid, and the unlimited passive mana regen, but 20 points in chloro forces you to miss out on a lot of chloro abilities, which are abilities I used a lot.

Your spec is viable, and I can tell you for a fact it works, but you're sacrificing some abilities to maximize others, which ultimately leaves you in the same place. But it's all about what you enjoy! I ran 20/30/16 for a few days before I decided I wanted my wild growth back, and went 10 into dom instead. Both worked out really well for me, but my HPS was similar across the board, despite the spec, and my DPS was higher in 36/30 chloro/lock, so I ultimately ended back up in the same build.

Allready got test numbers of chlorolock(overall raid), 51chloro/dom/lock(situational w splendor n reflect) and 27archon/39chloro(Gp raid spec, coss we don't run w archon). And yes this includes much wanted hps per person ;) poor test subjects standing near dummies spamming sacrifisemana :P expect q post soon.

Will test this build too and the chloro ele.

I have never checked flourish with cooldowns, currently my 27archon/39chloro beats the next best chloro build. Chlorolock. Mine crits selfbuffed 1900 while the lock reaches 1600.

Actually never tried to test flourish with flourish increasing abilities... Any suggestions what to test?
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge-RaideR View Post
    Allready got test numbers of chlorolock(overall raid), 51chloro/dom/lock(situational w splendor n reflect) and 27archon/39chloro(Gp raid spec, coss we don't run w archon). And yes this includes much wanted hps per person ;) poor test subjects standing near dummies spamming sacrifisemana :P expect q post soon.

Will test this build too and the chloro ele.

I have never checked flourish with cooldowns, currently my 27archon/39chloro beats the next best chloro build. Chlorolock. Mine crits selfbuffed 1900 while the lock reaches 1600.

Actually never tried to test flourish with flourish increasing abilities... Any suggestions what to test?
    Is this with archon auras up? Since that won't work in a raid setting with a 51-archon, which your group will desperately want. I assume this is what you're doing to get the benefits of having the auras up, but it prevents the other archon from putting his up, which ultimately leaves your 51-archon gimped, or with no 51-archon, your group has no burning purpose.

36/30 chloro lock + 51-archon > chloro/archon + a gimped 51-archon (or no archon at all)

Edit: Although, trust me, I miss the chloro/archon prior to 1.3 for 5-mans. Was my old favorite spec.
    Last edited by Uhgii; 07-20-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Hmm your not thinking of the purpose for every built. Your 51archon only looses 20% dps, which for an archon is how much... 160dps? If 2 Pyromages cough, they do also 160dps
    Anyway this is a situational healing built for ultra flourish.
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast