+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chloromancers are worthless raid MT healers (Lifebound veil, take it off your bars)

Plane Touched

Default Chloromancers are worthless raid MT healers (Lifebound veil, take it off your bars)

I hope every mage figured this out before me, considering i play my alt once a week for Alt-GSB runs, i really shouldn't be the one posting it here.

But Chloromancers got absolutely wrecked 1.3, i can't even begin to understand why there hasn't been the biggest mage-related hissy fit (i hope you guys have one, this is bad) in the game over this.

It's really simple, the text on the old lifegiving veil said something along the lines of
    "Heals your synthesis target and 5 party/raid members"
    and the new lifebound veil says
    "Heals 5 party/raid members for"

Do you see what that means? Yeah your tank healing is now no more, you only will heal the tank with lifebound veil hits when his % of health is lower than 5 other players in the raid because of smart healing. Which means on fights like Greenscale, or Alsbeth, or Plutonus or any fight in the game with aoe.

You stop healing the tank.

Sure the tank gets 300% or whatever from lifebound veil because he has synthesis. But lifebound veil simply isn't hitting him, so why bother? Considering the tank's hefty health-pool he could be as much as 7-8k in need of health, and smart healing will still pick other players, and it consistently does. When i figured this out in greenscale, i was really mad.

Check your ACT parses, check the healing done on a tank via lifebound veil on any AOE raid fight. Yeah, those numbers sure are low. That's because they are low, you're not doing nearly anything to keep him up.
    On Greenscale i healed the tank overall for about 30k with lifebound veil, and the clerics healed the tank for 170k. That's a dumb difference.

The only heals that are hitting consistently are

#1 Void life, which hits your synthesis target
    #2 Nature's Touch, which hits your synthesis target
    #3 Bloom
    #4 Natural Healing
    #5 Essence Surge

So think about those, none of them need lifebound veil to function and they shouldn't. Just put synthesis up on the tank, recast lifegiving veil and go on your merry way. Sure lifegiving veil still isn't healing the tank, but at least it's healing the people it chooses to heal over the tank better and it will still heal the tank when his % of health is lower.

And before you go into an argument about "It will heal the tank when he needs it" no, that's dumb. To prioritize heals on himself over others he would have to be at like 3-4k health on an aoe fight, and that's really ****ing bad and you should be ashamed you're just chugging away with some random vile spores rotation and let him get that low.

Otherwise i guess the point is you shouldn't even be relying on a casted rotation to heal right now, you should use bloom and essence surge and natural healing to keep a tank up when he needs health in a raid, because there is no damage chloro option that is doing anything but raid healing. Even the secondary heal on synthesis mechanics, they are only healing 50% as much without that lifebound/giving first hit on the tank.

Depressingly, you shouldn't be bringing chloromancers to only spam Natural healing either, clerics kinda do that waayy better.

TL;DR "Dammi't i'm mad" now read that backwards and you should be too.
    Last edited by Kama Toki; 07-20-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    Kama, Cleric of Briarcliff

Melee Chloromancer 2.0 <Shaman Justicar>

Ascendant

One Veil is for tank healing, the other is for AOE healing. Greenscale is also a horrible fight to "discover" this on. The tank gets a 75% healing debuff. You also can't have lifegiving up at the same time as Synth... Lifebound is automatically put up when you cast Synth.

I don't see a problem.
    Last edited by opaque; 07-20-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

-Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by opaque View Post
    One Veil is for tank healing, the other is for AOE healing.

I don't see a problem.
    TL;DR you didn't read the thread. Try again.

One Veil is for tank healing, the other is for AOE healing. Greenscale is also a horrible fight to "discover" this on. The tank gets a 75% healing debuff. You also can't have lifegiving up at the same time as Synth... Lifebound is automatically put up when you cast Synth.

I don't see a problem.

Lol stop it, you're making me laugh over here.
    Last edited by Kama Toki; 07-20-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
    TL;DR you didn't read the thread. Try again.
    Edited just for you.

Lol stop it, you're making me laugh over here
    Let's see some numbers
    Last edited by opaque; 07-20-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    www.maximation.us

Plane Touched

Edited just for you.
    As a note, if you cast synthesis on the tank, then recast lifegiving veil after 10 seconds. You get both.

Plane Walker

huh? since when?

As a note, if you cast synthesis on the tank, then recast lifegiving veil after 10 seconds. You get both.

Ascendant

That doesn't actually mean anything, unless it is bugged and work with NT. You only get the Synth benefit if Lifebound is up.
    Last edited by opaque; 07-20-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    www.maximation.us

Plane Touched

Generally speaking, if your tank has higher health then raid members, chances are, they need the health more, a quick heal or two and bam, you're purely healing the tank again.

As someone who chloro's for raids and who has a raid that MT heals with a chloro, you just simply don't play it enough to realize that this is a non issue. We make great MT healers atm.

Quote Originally Posted by moda View Post
    huh? since when?
    Both are up there, but synthesis does nothing with lifegiving veil up.

Check your ACT parses, check the healing done on a tank via lifebound veil on any AOE raid fight. Yeah, those numbers sure are low. That's because they are low, you're not doing nearly anything to keep him up.

So think about those, none of them need lifebound veil to function and they shouldn't. Just put synthesis up on the tank, recast lifegiving veil and go on your merry way. Sure lifegiving veil still isn't healing the tank, but at least it's healing the people it chooses to heal over the tank better and it will still heal the tank when his % of health is lower.
    Our last Plutonus kill, I had 1900 HPS. 51 chloro, tank healing. 328 of those HPS were purely on the MT, purely from Lifebound Veil. The next highest healer (cleric) on the MT was @ 168.

None of those need Lifebound veil to function? WTF are you smoking? Why would you put up Synth then just recast Lifegiving? Of course you're not healing your tank for ****. Synthesis is what makes Void Life spam such good HPS on the MT. If you're using Void Life and not Lifebound, you're obviously doing it wrong.

I've had no problem MT healing any encounter in the game, before or after 1.3, and I'm usually top 3 HPS overall for any given fight. 51 Chloro is an awesome MT healer, while still being a pretty damn good AE healer, too. I hate to sound like an *******, but it really seems like a l2p issue.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    Our last Plutonus kill, I had 1900 HPS. 51 chloro, tank healing. 328 of those HPS were purely on the MT, purely from Lifebound Veil. The next highest healer (cleric) on the MT was @ 168.

None of those need Lifebound veil to function? WTF are you smoking? Why would you put up Synth then just recast Lifegiving? Of course you're not healing your tank for ****. Synthesis is what makes Void Life spam such good HPS on the MT. If you're using Void Life and not Lifebound, you're obviously doing it wrong.

I've had no problem MT healing any encounter in the game, before or after 1.3, and I'm usually top 3 HPS overall for any given fight. 51 Chloro is an awesome MT healer, while still being a pretty damn good AE healer, too. I hate to sound like an *******, but it really seems like a l2p issue.
    I could care less what your raid HPS was. But below 400 hps on the tank is pretty horrible if your're MT healing.

And yeah no ****, your numbers still look good because its all aoe healing, but you're just not healing the tank when say a shocking cipher goes off, and that's bad. 400 hps= only the secondary heal of void life hitting the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Both are up there, but synthesis does nothing with lifegiving veil up.
    That doesn't actually mean anything, unless it is bugged and work with NT. You only get the Synth benefit if Lifebound is up.

Void life and Natures touch still proc additional heals if you have synthesis and lifegiving veil up.
    Last edited by Kama Toki; 07-20-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Plane Touched

You really just don't have an idea of what you're talking about. Spend a week healing T2's solo and doing 3 raids, then come back and say you can't do it. (Ps, if you do, we'll just laugh at a newb who can't MT heal as a chloro.)

Ascendant

I could care less what your raid HPS was. But 400 hps on the tank is pretty horrible if your're MT healing.

And yeah no ****, your numbers still look good because its all aoe healing, but you're just not healing the tank when say a shocking cipher goes off, and that's bad.

Step 1: Look at single target boss dps.
    Step 2: Check if you have a purifier
    Step 3: Figure out exactly how much you are healing the tank for

To do more then 400 hps on the tank, the tank actually has to take damage...

Void life and Natures touch still proc additional heals if you have synthesis and lifegiving veil up.
    Read the void life tooptip...
    Last edited by opaque; 07-20-2011 at 10:13 AM.
    www.maximation.us

I don't see a problem.
    It helps if you read all the words the other guy wrote.

The complaint is not that you have to chose to tank or raid heal. It's that when you do chose to tank heal your tank-healing veil is prioritizing raid members who are at 4.5k out of their 5k HP pools over the tank who is at 5.5k out of his 13k HP pool. You end up topping off 5 guys from 90% to 100% while ignoring the tank you "chose" to heal who is at under 50%.

Do you see a problem there?
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

But below 400 hps on the tank is pretty horrible if your're MT healing.

If you say so. If your tank is taking more than 4-500dmg/sec he's pretty terrible.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast