+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Mage needs some help pvp/pve specs

Soulwalker

Default New Mage needs some help pvp/pve specs

Hi im a level 40 mage looking to raid and pvp at 50 but i have no idea of what specs i should get. I like to dps but i am willing to try chloro but i have no idea on how to play it right. I would like to know what specs i should get and what the rotations are. Current just winging it and would like to be nonfail. Can anyone help a noob out?

necromancer for pve hands down and its pretty wicked in pvp as well. If you are looking for damage mostly in pvp i would say try stormcaller. As i stated before for pve i havent had a problem one bit with necromancer, i can solo any rift within like 2-4 levels of me without a problem even stage 5.
    And then i told him, "Thats not a Rift, thats my wife!"

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dornenkrone View Post
    Hi im a level 40 mage looking to raid and pvp at 50 but i have no idea of what specs i should get. I like to dps but i am willing to try chloro but i have no idea on how to play it right. I would like to know what specs i should get and what the rotations are. Current just winging it and would like to be nonfail. Can anyone help a noob out?
    Fill up Dominator. Put the left over wherever you want, whatever takes your fancy but Dominator is the only spec you should use in pvp apart from a Chloro heal spec if you can be bothered.

Everything else just pales into comparison.

Personally myself at level 41 on my Mage I have Dominator - 31 or 32 I forget / Chloro - 8 points / AM - 5 points and I am generally untouchable unless focus trained by a premade or I've fallen asleep at the keyboard.

Soulwalker

So necro for pve and dom for pvp. How does dom play?

How does dom play:
    Like Simon in a game of Simon says, except being a good dom takes more practice.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    How does dom play:
    Like Simon in a game of Simon says, except being a good dom takes more practice.
    Just felt like you needed to know, I laughed pretty hard at that statement

Soulwalker

trying out dom nw thanks for the help guys.

dbe
    General of Telara

For pve levleing, you want a pet no matter how you spec, so your builds end up looking like this:

full elementalist
    elem / storm
    elem / pyro

For elem / storm or elem / pyro, you just choose the points in elem which are neutral (choose Biting Cold over Velocity for example)

or

full necromancer
    necro / lock

Again, with necro/lock you pick lock talents that are general since you'll be using necro-specific spells

Soulwalker

So trying out dom and i have absolutely no idea at all on what i should do. Can anyone give me a quick run through on what spells to start with?

Soulwalker

As ncero in a instance should i be using the rogue style pet or the mage? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread