+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SC aoe.<pyro :(

Telaran

Default SC aoe.<pyro :(

What am I doing wrong for storm caller? I know they got nerfed but fire storm is hitting higher for aoe then the sc rotation live . It may just look like lower #s but since i don't have a parse thingy it seems like pyro aoes better then our aoe dps spec storm caller. My rotation i'm using is neddra's grasp dark touch forked lightning x1 radiate death forked lightning x2 static flux on arctic blast static flux off lightning field x3 forked lightning x3 flux on hailstorm lightning storm.<-yes i know I didn't look it up. heres the build.http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ccbo.xxouomVLz

I actually don't like warcaller I like sc/ele much much more. Anyways I'd one of the biggest things your doing wrong is something your not doing, not using static discharge. Building storm sucks get rid of it. Get charged field instead. Also I wouldn't use Radiant death, just use 3 charges of electrify, ice sheer and go to town by spamming the hell out of lightning field or cloudburst (cloudburst does a lot more dmg now that lightning field got nerfed). I don't use stormcaller anyone I love bluedot's pyro/ele build it really is excellent.

Telaran

but i want aoe...pyro is more 1 target. This builds for trash running around through the dung. I usually switch to blue dots build @ boss.

Soulwalker

jinkies1234 - first off get a parser... they are really easy to run and they take all the guessing out of specs and dps.

Second - run this spec for AoE and dungeon/raid trash: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...sbo.Vtcz0xoAkz

Open with Lightning Storm (Forked lightning x3 if not off cooldown), followed by Lightning field
    then Forked lightning x3, Lightning Field, Forked lightning x3, Lightning Field, rinse and repeat

If 2 mobs - start off with Forked lightning x3, Lightning Field x3, Forked lightning x3, Lightning Field x3, rinse and repeat

You can start with Hailstorm / Arctic Blast if you like, but I find the results to be marginal at best.

For single target, start by applying 3 stacks of Electrify. This can be done with Thunderboltx3, or Raging Storm. Once you have 3 stacks of Electrify begin your “standard rotation”: Ice Shear > Lightning Strike > Cloudburst x5 > Thunderbolt. Rinse and repeat.

Make sure you're using Clickies: Static Flux, Static Discharge, Intensify Elements
    Last edited by killaapp; 07-20-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Fizzles - 50 Mage - Deepwood
    Guild Legendary

Quote Originally Posted by jinkies1234 View Post
    What am I doing wrong for storm caller? I know they got nerfed but fire storm is hitting higher for aoe then the sc rotation live . It may just look like lower #s but since i don't have a parse thingy it seems like pyro aoes better then our aoe dps spec storm caller. My rotation i'm using is neddra's grasp dark touch forked lightning x1 radiate death forked lightning x2 static flux on arctic blast static flux off lightning field x3 forked lightning x3 flux on hailstorm lightning storm.<-yes i know I didn't look it up. heres the build.http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ccbo.xxouomVLz
    If you go Burning ground - Flame Jet - Fire storm and proc IC, and cinders inbetween those, pyro aoe can actually get close. AND you can macro it! Problem is getting close for flame jet though.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    If you go Burning ground - Flame Jet - Fire storm and proc IC, and cinders inbetween those, pyro aoe can actually get close. AND you can macro it! Problem is getting close for flame jet though.
    Burning ground is very situational. If the mobs are already in position, it's a dps loss over simply spamming fire storm. Pyro aoe is extremely simple, and extremely competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Burning ground is very situational. If the mobs are already in position, it's a dps loss over simply spamming fire storm. Pyro aoe is extremely simple, and extremely competitive.
    Hmm. Didn't know it was a loss. Thanks.

Not sure I agree with this since, Burning Ground is a "fire and forget" spell and the fact that you can drop it and still Fire Storm, I find it hard to believe it is a dps loss.

My AOE rotation as Pyro has always been, pop IC > Burning Ground > Fire Storm. Unless the fight is short not including Burning Ground has proven to be a loss for me.

I have also noticed lately that I have been able to keep up with SC AOE using this method as well where I was not able to pre 1.3.
    Last edited by Steelwind1; 07-20-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

Charged field accounts for most of our AOE damage. You absolutly need to have it.

If you're 50, you've got some points missing from spec, otherwise when you hit 50 it'll work out.

But yea. Charged Field.
    Last edited by Nastharl; 07-20-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind1 View Post
    Not sure I agree with this since, Burning Ground is a "fire and forget" spell and the fact that you can drop it and still Fire Storm, I find it hard to believe it is a dps loss.

My AOE rotation as Pyro has always been, pop IC > Burning Ground > Fire Storm. Unless the fight is short not including Burning Ground has proven to be a loss for me.

I have also noticed lately that I have been able to keep up with SC AOE using this method as well where I was not able to pre 1.3.
    BG has something like a 30% sp coefficient (if even that high), compared to fire storm's 160%. In a raid buffed situation it's a wash at best--not even close at worst--and an added hassle of targetting an additional spell.

BG has something like a 30% sp coefficient (if even that high), compared to fire storm's 160%. In a raid buffed situation it's a wash at best--not even close at worst--and an added hassle of targetting an additional spell.
    So, just spam fire storm? What about flame jet?

Also forked lightning hits up to 5 enemies, and firestorm up to 8. Internalize charge, intensify elements and firestorm is pretty ruthless.

If you had to choose which to cast I would agree but all we are talking about is a GCD and the 2 sec cast. This still leaves 6 secs of burning ground that will continue while you are casting Fire Storm.

Until I see solid parse #'s and the fact that you are the only one that I have ever heard state this, I still think you are wrong. Burning Ground/Fire Storm > Fire Storm alone.
    Last edited by Steelwind1; 07-20-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind1 View Post
    If you had to choose which to cast I would agree but all we are talking about is a GCD and the 2 sec cast. This still leaves 6 secs of burning ground that will continue while you are casting Fire Storm.

Until I see solid parse #'s and the fact that you are the only one that I have ever heard state this, I still think you are wrong. Burning Ground/Fire Storm > Fire Storm alone.
    About to parse. I'll let you know in a sec.
    1050 sp, 660 crit unbuffed. I'll be using the +5% armor, since cinder will have no use and be a dps loss. (and its harder to rotate in) And using no macros until I can figure out a good one.
    Spec : Bluedot's 35pyro/31ele.
    Last edited by A Mage; 07-20-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    About to parse. I'll let you know in a sec.
    1050 sp, 660 crit unbuffed. I'll be using the +5% armor, since cinder will have no use and be a dps loss. (and its harder to rotate in) And using no macros until I can figure out a good one.
    Spec : Bluedot's 35pyro/31ele.
    No buffs except Fire armor...
    Time: 02:32 Raid DPS:1686 Taur :1686 | Raid HPS: 0
    WITH Burning Ground and IC (IC used before BG was recasted), and W/O Flame Jet. Obviously with Fire Storm. No CDs, and no pet used.
    You can go ahead and bump it up to 1700, I took -30 DPS from having to run from the dummies.
    Will post W/O BG soon...
    Last edited by A Mage; 07-20-2011 at 01:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast