+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: quick pyro ele question

Default quick pyro ele question

Is it worthwhile to alternate withering flames? I never see people use it and I have heard conflicting arguments. Thanks in advance.
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

I use it, it is worthwhile if used at 100 charge. When it is in cd I use internalize charge.
    I don't know if it's wothwhile with the recent changes to internalize, haven't tested yet.

ahh ok I just noticed bluedot made no mention of it. Also is it better to wait for intensify elements to come off cooldown so you can double it with heatwave?
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Magetron View Post
    ahh ok I just noticed bluedot made no mention of it. Also is it better to wait for intensify elements to come off cooldown so you can double it with heatwave?
    to your first question: If you can get all 5 stacks (I.E. no risk of of movement or interruption) yes it's worth it.
    to your second question: It can be, but it really depends on where you are in a fight. If you need the extra umph right now, don't wait. If you have enough time to make full use of 45 seconds of stuff wait for it.

As side note, whenever you cast IE refresh Ignite, no matter it's remaining time, and then again @ 5 seconds remaining. Dot spells take a snap shot of your stats when cast to determine their ticks, and every little bit helps.

Prophet of Telara

Bluedot originally suggested using withering flames on CD in his guide, and has since gone back on that because it's a garbage spell.

And so is ignite. Don't use it.

Ascendant

what is the consensus on using countdown?
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    what is the consensus on using countdown?
    When moving and you need an instant only.

Kazzin

Bluedot originally suggested using withering flames on CD in his guide, and has since gone back on that because it's a garbage spell.

And so is ignite. Don't use it.
    I should have prefaced my post with if you spec into Ashen Armor(which is such a counter intuitive name for that particular tree ability) keep ignite up. Other wise ignore it.

Withering flames, however, is worth it; It is situational and is ONLY worth it IF you can get all 5 stacks up. 90% of the time though you are better off with Internalize charge.

Ignite isn't there for you, it's there for your pet.

Countdown is worth casting in it's own right, it will tend to hit as hard as fireball while costing you .5s less.

To each their own though. The best thing to do is parse your damage with and without the abilities you are curious about.

Kazzin: Do you just go on what Bluedot says, or have you tested this yourself? Cuz in my testing...

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    I should have prefaced my post with if you spec into Ashen Armor(which is such a counter intuitive name for that particular tree ability) keep ignite up. Other wise ignore it.
    Still not worthwhile.

Countdown is worth casting in it's own right, it will tend to hit as hard as fireball while costing you .5s less.

To each their own though. The best thing to do is parse your damage with and without the abilities you are curious about.
    Fireball scales far better, and this scaling renders countdown useless in a raid situation. I don't really care how hard it hits self-buffed on the boss dummy.

Kazzin: Do you just go on what Bluedot says, or have you tested this yourself? Cuz in my testing...
    I frequently call bluedot out, and am no less abrasive with him than anyone else.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 07-20-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Since the change to Burning Bright, there are probably a lot of Pyros that now have the ability regardless if it is used or not. I have yet to see it as a dps increase but I suspect that Trion will eventually buff the spell because the general consensus is that it is lacking. I personally would love to see it buffed a bit as our rotations can handle a new spell especially if our CD's are down and we are left spamming fireballs with full charge.

Also, Countdown is a dps loss if used in normal rotation. Countdown and Ignite are best only used during movement.

Ascendant

what is with going 35 in pyro?
    32 is a MUST in ele imo for channel elements(emergency situations, from my raids sofar the ONLY time ive had to use it is in the last phase of alsbeth)
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Prophet of Telara

32 is a MUST in ele imo for channel elements(emergency situations, from my raids sofar the ONLY time ive had to use it is in the last phase of alsbeth)
    I believe you answered your own question.

Otherwise, pop a mana tonic.

Rift Disciple

32 ele is only a must if u dont use mana tonics
    35pyro/31ele is the highest pyro dps spec

@LatsyrcMoy
    u shoudd really check your testing, withering is dps loss and so is countdown and ignite, except u are using it to fill moving

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    I frequently call bluedot out, and am no less abrasive with him than anyone else.
    Hell will freeze over before Kazzin believes anything I say without testing it himself..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    I believe you answered your own question.

Otherwise, pop a mana tonic.
    i pop mana tonics on CD's which i why i rarely have to use internalize charge

however in very very mana intensive fights i believe its necessary. You wont be doing ANY dps if u have no mana :P
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast