+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90

Thread: Haha, ok trion, the joke is over now....

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default Haha, ok trion, the joke is over now....

    Ok trion... the joke is over now... we have learned our punishment from being op in pvp in the past, can you at least buff us up to par now?

    It's ridiculous when warriors and rogues are just DESTROYING us when they get close... at first it used to be alright because you could CC them and get away, or at the very least stand a chance... now its im gonna squirrel him for 4 seconds, stun him for 1... and now hes immune to my knockback and EVERY OTHER CC that I have... so basically once he charges in or gets close to me, im dead and there really isn't much I can do about it... yea thats cool

    How about rogues who sit there shooting there bows or explosives at ranged while running around NOT CASTING BY THE WAY, and doing a hell of a lot more damage than my spells do?

    And then of course the other pet peave to all mages... running right through us while were casting... I mean cmon, we have to stand still and cast in order to put out any real dps, and you have warriors and rogues running around with there instant attacks, or running through us while we stand there for 2s casting fireball which hits them for 600, and in those 2 seconds, he probably did 2000... seems fair right?

    Yes I agree, mages were ridiculously overpowered with the whole pyro and the cc... but im really starting to get annoying by the fact im getting 2-3 shotted by rogues and warriors, and even if I do somehow survive, it doesn't matter, because there immune to all my defensive tactics to get away... time to do something here don't you think?

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killhimnotme View Post
    Ok trion... the joke is over now... we have learned our punishment from being op in pvp in the past, can you at least buff us up to par now?

    It's ridiculous when warriors and rogues are just DESTROYING us when they get close... at first it used to be alright because you could CC them and get away, or at the very least stand a chance... now its im gonna squirrel him for 4 seconds, stun him for 1... and now hes immune to my knockback and EVERY OTHER CC that I have... so basically once he charges in or gets close to me, im dead and there really isn't much I can do about it... yea thats cool

    How about rogues who sit there shooting there bows or explosives at ranged while running around NOT CASTING BY THE WAY, and doing a hell of a lot more damage than my spells do?

    And then of course the other pet peave to all mages... running right through us while were casting... I mean cmon, we have to stand still and cast in order to put out any real dps, and you have warriors and rogues running around with there instant attacks, or running through us while we stand there for 2s casting fireball which hits them for 600, and in those 2 seconds, he probably did 2000... seems fair right?

    Yes I agree, mages were ridiculously overpowered with the whole pyro and the cc... but im really starting to get annoying by the fact im getting 2-3 shotted by rogues and warriors, and even if I do somehow survive, it doesn't matter, because there immune to all my defensive tactics to get away... time to do something here don't you think?


    This is the sad truth

    Our CCs are absolutely useless because of Trions Immun-System.

    Immun immun immun - that´s what you have to read all the time; but we do NOT benefit from this System as we are killed with 1 or 2 hits.

    So Trion better should fix their Immun-System and the Mage very soon.

    A lott of friends of mine already quit for exactly those reasons.

    And I definitely do not want to roll another class. I do want to play a Mage and have fun with it.

    If this doesn´t work ........




    So, when will we get our Mages?




    I still can`t believe how bad Trion treats us Mages.

    Mages should be a Glass-Cannon. What we are is Glass and nothingelse.

    For usuall Mages should be best DD with some nice extras for CC and shields to protect themselves; some nice survival-skills.



    But theese are the facts:




    PvP: The Immunity-System.


    It was very important to find a system as the Warriors and Rogues had to many CCs with a very short CD on them.

    Now Trion has found a system that lets you read Immun Immun Immun all the time when playing PvP. I really can´t read it anymore!

    As playing a Mage I should have some possibilites to get distance between me and a melee. This won´t work because of the Immun-System, Trion has implemented.

    On the other hand, playing a Mage means having no talents, that could bypass the Immunity. The only thing we can do is to die.

    We have no real survival skills.
    Our shields are worthless, as the dmg they absorb is still to low. And when stunned or CCd you can´t use them.

    The only „shield“ that helps us is Neddra´s Essence (Warlock); but its CD is much to high.
    And, as a Rogue and Warriors have different abbilities for beeing Immun against DMG and everythinelse, Neddras Essence won´t work, as the Rogues Immunity is much too long.


    Of course you could say, that the Mage also benefits from the Immun-Systen.
    Wrong! Absolutely wrong!

    As the burst of a Rogue or a Warrior is extremely high, we are dieing in just one blink; we are still one- or two-hits fort them! The Immunity-System is worthless for us!

    The only things that helps us a little were Storm Shackle and Traitorous Influence. But now Traitourus Influence should be nerfed. And I wonder why.

    If a Rogue is Immun, you can make no DMG on him nor would a talent like Shackle or Traitourus work. But he can kill you in a blink!
    Other classes can easly dispell these talents.
    So as Mage u cant use your strong weapons that often.

    In addition, other classes have much more outs, when CCd. Mage has nothing but Flicker (Pyro), or Break Free (Arch Mage).
    But, as mentioned earlier, theese skills won´t help us, as we still are one- or two-hits for our enemies!

    Even Blizzard has realized, that Rogues (and other classes) should not have the ability to one- or two-hit other classes!




    PvE:


    Playing a Mage means, as far as my experiences are concerned, you are only approved to T3 as full Chloro or full Archont, as our DMG-Output is much too low, compared to other classes.
    We have extremly long and complex rotations, screwed up with any movement. Other classes can do much more DPS by just using a one- ort two-key-macro.
    Wow! That´s kind of fair!

    And this is the reason, why Mages are getting replaced by other classes.

    Meanwhile, I have seen some players given up playing their Mage (for reasons mentioned above) to finally play a different class wich is accepted as DD and brings much better survival-skills and support as a Mage ever could do.

    Other players already quit playing Rift for exactly these reasons I have already outlined:

    „As for me, playing a Mage, the game is done right after T2, just because of the less DPS compared with other classes, there is someting going wrong in this game“.



    Also see this:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...edom-of-choice

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ages&p=2802795



    To call a Spade a Spade:

    Mage is broken.
    We have two souls for support.
    We have no dmg-soul that could compete with dmg-souls of other classes.
    We have very long and difficult rotations (for example SC/Ele) getting screwed up with any movement.
    We have the worst survivability, particularly for PvP.



    So Trion please tell me:

    When will we finally get our Mages?
    When are we permitted to make at least the same DMG as other classes?
    When will we get survival skills, that will work against our enemies?


    When will we get our Mages?

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Well, here are some ideas of how the Mage could be changed:


    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...epresentations

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    all I know is something needs to be done pretty soon here... its at the point nowadays, where I just can't stand pvping because of how frustrating it is...

    how am I supposed to be a glass cannon when im trying to run around like an idiot doing meagre damage with my instants that are on cooldowns trying to avoid this big *** warrior or rogue from getting in my face because I can't CC them long enough in order to actually cast something... whoooo go me!

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    308

    Default

    If you really want to have motivation to quit, go take a look at the beastmaster, champion, and paragon synergy crystals. Bladefury gets buffed by 55%, bleeds by 55%, paragon finishers by 55%...

    I'd say it's a sad day, but at this point, I'm not seeing much of a reason to keep playing this game with imbalance like this.

  6. #6
    Gas
    Gas is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    If you really want to have motivation to quit, go take a look at the beastmaster, champion, and paragon synergy crystals. Bladefury gets buffed by 55%, bleeds by 55%, paragon finishers by 55%...

    I'd say it's a sad day, but at this point, I'm not seeing much of a reason to keep playing this game with imbalance like this.
    How i hate myself for forgetting to remove the auto sub after my 3 months was up a couple weeks ago, and now im back in this forum ranting and ranting about god damn gimp rift mages and lambasting trolls again!

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Carondimonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    If you really want to have motivation to quit, go take a look at the beastmaster, champion, and paragon synergy crystals. Bladefury gets buffed by 55%, bleeds by 55%, paragon finishers by 55%...

    Lol, finally melee can be a viable option.

  8. #8
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    626

    Default

    pet peeve on spelling - i think they stopped teaching this since i see so many ppl do it online and i wish that teacher would just quit teaching already because they aren't giving you guys good tools for the world

    they're = if you can say they are and it makes sense to hear use the contraction meaning that you are dropping letters
    They're going with us to the lake this weekend.

    their = if you can use his or her in its place its a good fit if it makes sense to hear
    Did you see what Jimmy did to their hair?

    there = a place, an object, something you could point at
    Joseph said that he was there that day and that they only caught a minnow.

    carry on, not trying to be a ****** just an fyi for the world
    Last edited by Fernt; 07-20-2011 at 02:22 AM.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post
    Mage is broken.
    We have the worst survivability, particularly for PvP.
    When are we permitted to make at least the same DMG as other classes?
    When will we get survival skills, that will work against our enemies?
    quick question, how much phys mitigation do you get from your cloth? 20 odd % or so?
    how much magic mitigation does plate offer? that's right, zero %.
    so just by default, then a mage basicly have more mitigation then warriors do (when comparing the 2 classes).

    of course a warrior can get +40% magic mitigation, but then he cant kill anything, even if his life depended on it, so it's either full frontloaded dps, or a turtle S&B, most chose the first.

    guess most mages are just used to be the kings of pvp now(patch 1.1 & 1.2), and cant stand that they now are on equal terms as the rest.
    mages have lately been hit with the bat often, some of the changes are justified, like the fulminate+cb combo (with redball ofc), the sc single target change (aoe soul), while some changes are a bit odd to say the least.
    Please nerf clerics, mages, rogues, and warriors. Apparently there are some specs that can kill other specs and it is making players QQ. Make sure to use a large enough bat to get them all. Thank you.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post
    pet peeve on spelling - i think they stopped teaching this since i see so many ppl do it online and i wish that teacher would just quit teaching already because they aren't giving you guys good tools for the world

    they're = if you can say they are and it makes sense to hear use the contraction meaning that you are dropping letters
    They're going with us to the lake this weekend.

    their = if you can use his or her in its place its a good fit if it makes sense to hear
    Did you see what Jimmy did to their hair?

    there = a place, an object, something you could point at
    Joseph said that he was there that day and that they only caught a minnow.

    carry on, not trying to be a ****** just an fyi for the world
    Your lesson on correct spelling is amusing while at the same time you make a horrible example of capitalization, punctuation, and grammar.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Carondimonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    quick question, how much phys mitigation do you get from your cloth? 20 odd % or so?
    how much magic mitigation does plate offer? that's right, zero %.
    1: yes
    2: 0%

    quick question, how much phys mitigation do you get from your plate?
    how much magic mitigation does cloth offer?
    Last edited by Carondimonio; 07-20-2011 at 03:05 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Immune immune immune?...........man I am CC'd almost 75% of the fights lol on my warlock lol. The cc in this game is crap. I have the opposite experience. My bars are greyed out almost all the time. I get stunned then I use my break free.............................that's it. Thats the end of the story lol. I am unable to cast or move for the rest of the fight haha. If we have a healer maybe 10 seconds later I can do stuff but it starts all over again. Ok little exaggeration there but I am cc'd pretty much all the time and unable to do anything. I have stated before that if they would do like DAoC and WarHammer I would be fine with a baby nerf to tanks( I know I have a tank myself and he is awesome but it's no challenge to wtfpawnyourfacehahabiotchhowisthatdirtnappunk) if they bundled the cc's in groups and made the immunity timers like 30seconds or reduced the next effect by 90% and 0% for 30 seconds. That means all snares and roots grouped from all classes,all stuns and all silences would be grouped accordingly. On my catser I am a pretty good kiter and always have been. Its my number one survival skill in this game imo for my play style. Recognize danger.....everyone lol and move. Stick and move.

    However Trion is no stranger or immune to knee jerk nerfs or adjustments just like many other mmo's and is behind in the balancing of their own game. The only thing I truely like is from a players perspective is after the nerfs like the Pyro (although needed) the players who liked the clas still played them and made them work. I see a few pyros still out there and they are still doing fantastic and its awesome to hear people go "I thought they nerfed Pyros he just hit me for 2567 wtf". That is a player who has made adjustments and is still kicking butt. For now I would suggest folks do the same and maybe in 2 or 3 patches they will make another adjustment lol and fix tanks.

    Also I would think after playing many MMO's that tanks are very hard to balance after changes to other classes. In this game in particular tanks are going to be, imo either OP which they are now or under powered. I love playing on my tank but hate it when a tank is on me and yes I ***** a lot when they 2 shot my catser but I love 3 shotting folks as well..........I cant 2 shot yet I do not have the ranks or gear hehe. So be patient folks and if you truely like the game you will wait for the changes. It's tough i know cause on my server there are tons of tanks. But this is good imo. I say everyone roll tanks.....I mean everyone and I bet you we will all stop *****ing or we will all have a ton of fun................and then get bored cause the fights will last the full duration of the WF cause it will be all tanks and clerics lol. Be patient folks and grind through it. I am getting nailed all day everyday by tanks but I am confident Trion will eventually try and get their act together and stop playing their tanks to adjust the game so it is a tad bit more balanced.

  13. #13
    Gas
    Gas is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    quick question, how much phys mitigation do you get from your cloth? 20 odd % or so?
    how much magic mitigation does plate offer? that's right, zero %.
    so just by default, then a mage basicly have more mitigation then warriors do (when comparing the 2 classes).

    of course a warrior can get +40% magic mitigation, but then he cant kill anything, even if his life depended on it, so it's either full frontloaded dps, or a turtle S&B, most chose the first.

    guess most mages are just used to be the kings of pvp now(patch 1.1 & 1.2), and cant stand that they now are on equal terms as the rest.
    mages have lately been hit with the bat often, some of the changes are justified, like the fulminate+cb combo (with redball ofc), the sc single target change (aoe soul), while some changes are a bit odd to say the least.
    A warrior's full front loaded dps can kill in a few seconds.
    A mage's full front loaded dps can kill in a few seconds more.

    Nuff said.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Valentr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    quick question, how much phys mitigation do you get from your cloth? 20 odd % or so?
    how much magic mitigation does plate offer? that's right, zero %.
    so just by default, then a mage basicly have more mitigation then warriors do (when comparing the 2 classes).

    of course a warrior can get +40% magic mitigation, but then he cant kill anything, even if his life depended on it, so it's either full frontloaded dps, or a turtle S&B, most chose the first.

    guess most mages are just used to be the kings of pvp now(patch 1.1 & 1.2), and cant stand that they now are on equal terms as the rest.
    mages have lately been hit with the bat often, some of the changes are justified, like the fulminate+cb combo (with redball ofc), the sc single target change (aoe soul), while some changes are a bit odd to say the least.
    warriors can kill under 1 gcd, no mage can kill like that and even under 3-4 gcd. what's your point?
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-20-2011 at 03:55 AM.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    The immune issue needs fixed however, the DPS is getting fixed with the next patch so that's a moot point. Can we not cry about this please?

    I can say that 1 on 1 I have no problem with rogues in a wf yes they can pick you off sometimes but think of the game as rock paper scissors, your class can't beat everyone be happy with the DPS change coming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts