+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro Main Healing Help

Default Chloro Main Healing Help

Hello,

I tried for the first time post patch to heal a T2 with my chloro and failed. I had done it a few times before the 1.3 patch and it was stressful and difficult, but I got through it without too much trouble.

Today I tried Deepstrike Mines and had no trouble with trash. Had to get rouge to go bard to help on the first two bosses, but when I got to the boss who summons crystals, we couldn't get past him. We had to call it.

Have any of you chloros had success main healing T2s post 1.3? If so I'd like some advice. Here are my stats and rotation:

Chloro 51
    Warlock 10
    Elementalist: 5

Stats Unbuffed
    Int: 537
    Wis: 339
    Spell Power: 1000
    Spell crit: 655
    Focus: 181

Rotation: I put livegiving veil up and synth. on the main tank
    -I hit target(s) with radiant spores right off the bat, and try to keep it up during the fight
    -Spam void life
    -Use nature's touch when opportunity procs
    -Put up entropic veil when I hit full charge
    -I hit my trinket which gives me 102 spell power for 30 seconds when its available.
    -I will also use natural splendor when tank is low on health and I have charge available.

I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Soulwalker

Lifegiving Veil doesn't work with Synthesis since 1.3.

Use Lifebound Veil with Synthesis on tank and use the same rotation you are currently using.

By the way we did all T2's and got the Rapid achievement on all of them while healing with Chloro, so you shouldn't have a problem with the SP and Crit you have.
    Last edited by Guardianreign; 07-19-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SlawDawg View Post
    Hello,

Rotation: I put livegiving veil up and synth. on the main tank
    -I hit target(s) with radiant spores right off the bat, and try to keep it up during the fight
    -Spam void life

I would appreciate any advice, thanks!
    I sure hope you meant Lifebound veil and not Lifegiving veil.

Discussion of Lifebound veil vs. Lifegiving veil

Yes, I meant Lifebound veil

Your stats are a lot higher than mine and I have no problem doing xDSM. I use 51 Chloro/10 Dom/5 Ele and my rotation is NT > Ruin > VL. NT heals a LOT more than VL does, especially when it crits, so I cast it each and every CD. I also cast Ruin because it's instant and provides the DoT. I've not had to have an off-healer since the patch was released and that was only because the Rogue wanted to go Bard and not DPS.

Edit: I also use the Trinket that does the heal when you heal, can't think of the name without being logged in though. It helps a lot more than you'd think it does sometimes. :-)
    Last edited by Artorous; 07-19-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Telaran

Trinkets that heal when you heal:

Spirit wolf totem (single target) from Kings breach
    Sacred heirloom of Eth (multiple targets) from Dichrom in DSm

Lost favour from Runic Descent (chance to proc +75 Spellpower for a few seconds when you heal) is also a great choice for a chloro.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Athiator View Post
    Trinkets that heal when you heal:

Spirit wolf totem (single target) from Kings breach
    Sacred heirloom of Eth (multiple targets) from Dichrom in DSm

Lost favour from Runic Descent (chance to proc +75 Spellpower for a few seconds when you heal) is also a great choice for a chloro.
    Probably one of the best choices, especially for a chloro/lock, where your DPS output is a lot more respectable, since its +SP bonus effects both our damaging spells and our heals (bloom/flourish/etc.) Adding 75 spellpower to all attacks with 100% up-time is pretty amazing.

Even while worrying about my positioning, the DPS/heal increase is more substantial with lost favor than the heal boost with my SHoE on, although I do equip it for 5-mans, since lifebound veil doesn't provide as much AoE healing, and it seems to proc quite a lot from void life.
    Last edited by Uhgii; 07-19-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Ascendant

its probably the tank.. make sure they are running mitigation build with extra points in endurance if you are solo healing it with 1000+ spell power self buff.
    Last edited by ururu; 07-19-2011 at 10:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread