+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changes to Warlock for 1.4

Default Changes to Warlock for 1.4

Trion, plz let us spread our dots better. It takes a lot of stacked dots to put any real pressure on our enemies and atm Radiate Death just isn't enough imho. Keep the CD on Radiate Death, BUT, let it spread ALL dots (Warlock and other souls dots) onto other targets and expand the radius to at least 15 meters.

Grave Rot is great but one dot is waaaay too flimsy to amount to ANY real pressure dmg. Even Grave Rot + Radiate Death=3 dots max, not bad, but still not getting it done. Dots are generally weak, so we NEED to have a better ability to SPREAD our dots.

Warlock builds are fun but as a main spec I seriously see a massive missed opportunity in the potential of the soul. The soul description talks about spreading death on the battlefield if I remember correctly, WELL, let's have Warlock live up to that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    Trion, plz let us spread our dots better. It takes a lot of stacked dots to put any real pressure on our enemies and atm Radiate Death just isn't enough imho. Keep the CD on Radiate Death, BUT, let it spread ALL dots (Warlock and other souls dots) onto other targets and expand the radius to at least 15 meters.

Grave Rot is great but one dot is waaaay too flimsy to amount to ANY real pressure dmg. Even Grave Rot + Radiate Death=3 dots max, not bad, but still not getting it done. Dots are generally weak, so we NEED to have a better ability to SPREAD our dots.

Warlock builds are fun but as a main spec I seriously see a massive missed opportunity in the potential of the soul. The soul description talks about spreading death on the battlefield if I remember correctly, WELL, let's have Warlock live up to that claim.
    Not sure if your talking about PvE, or PvP, but full warlock @ 1100 sp, 700crit I can parse 900dps. Not great, but not horrible like some of the other 51 point builds.
    As for PvP, ED + Void bolt puts massive pressure with 1.7k crits.
    Warlock isn't an AoE spec at all.
    EDIT : Grave Rot is a nero spell, and why would you want to spread a spell that does 50 damage a tick?
    Last edited by A Mage; 07-19-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Not sure if your talking about PvE, or PvP, but full warlock @ 1100 sp, 700crit I can parse 900dps. Not great, but not horrible like some of the other 51 point builds.
    As for PvP, ED + Void bolt puts massive pressure with 1.7k crits.
    Warlock isn't an AoE spec at all.
    EDIT : Grave Rot is a nero spell, and why would you want to spread a spell that does 50 damage a tick?
    Basically would just like to see Radiate Death do a bit more than it does atm. I think it would have more of an impact if it spread ALL dots on a target, not merely 2 is all. I brought up Grave Rot only because ppl usually bring it up as an AoE dot when I cry about Radiate Death and quite a few Locks use Necro in their builds and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    Basically would just like to see Radiate Death do a bit more than it does atm. I think it would have more of an impact if it spread ALL dots on a target, not merely 2 is all. I brought up Grave Rot only because ppl usually bring it up as an AoE dot when I cry about Radiate Death and quite a few Locks use Necro in their builds and such.
    Which other DoTs? The necro ones would be nice, yes. Defile on 6 people would be OP though heh.

We really just NEED DoTs buffed in PvE. IMO theyre fine in PvP.

Soulwalker

Default About that...

The Necromancer's Shadow Revenant pet does spread some necromancer dots around to multiple targets providing they have a stack of Deathly Calling.
    Last edited by Preclude; 07-24-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Rift Chaser

I think they should add a dot component to radiate death itself

the BIGGER picture here is just how weak dots are...

me at 1000 spell power in my lock/chloro spec could put vine, life leech, dark touch, and defile on an enemy, and from there SPAM void bolt and any slightest off heal or aoe heal will make it look like im not attacking them at all

dots in general are very weak in rift..

rogue bleed builds have better damage over time than us

plus the warlock tree doesnt make sense..

we cant even use our 38 pt talnt and 51 pt talent together?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    plus the warlock tree doesnt make sense..

we cant even use our 38 pt talnt and 51 pt talent together?
    I agree that this is a terrible design flaw. For now the best use of emp darkness is to radiate neddra's grasp and dark touch then spam either void bolt or devouring shadows until the timer is up.

I personally think radiate death should put a debuff on the target that increases dot damage taken by the primary target of radiate death by something like 5% plus 3% per point in warlock over 36 (to prevent deep chloro/lock from getting a large bonus) for 5-10 seconds as well as refreshing ALL DoTs on that target. I still think the spread should only effect dark touch/grasp though. Grasp also needs a minor(probably 1/3-1/2 the damage of DT) DoT component to give it some use in PvE encounters where the 5 ticks of grasp have almost no chance of going off before it fades.

It would also be neat to get a longer casting nuke that deals slightly more than void bolt damage initially and gains some % for each warlock DoT on the target, seeing as how opp has very limited usage for warlocks outside of PvP.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 07-26-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Ascendant

This would be vastly overpowered especially because radiate death resets all dots, refreshing their length.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    This would be vastly overpowered especially because radiate death resets all dots, refreshing their length.
    And why would that be overpowered?

Ascendant

Our AoE damage would be insane. Necrosis, Dark Touch, searing vitality, neddras grasp, and defile spread. That would be an extremely large amount of DPS. Put grave rot and the channelled AoE from necro on there and it is even more ridiculous.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Ascendant

Oh ya and life leech. That is a lot of AoE right there.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

another issue with locks is neddras essence being dispelled?

ok so lock armor, dispellable, neddras might, dispellable,

shadow life and neddras essence dispellable

all over our dots, dispellable

pretty ****ing gimp if u ask me

Ascendant

Our neddras essence being dispellable is very inconvenient. DoTs isn't a big deal because they are instant cast. Warlock armor is inconvenient as well but it isn't on a cool down.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast