+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyrolock? A request for you level 50 types.

Question Pyrolock? A request for you level 50 types.

I'm currently level 31, and enjoying pyro/ele immensely. I love playing with fire, throwing it around blowing things up, it makes me happy. However, I keep hearing from people in-game that pyro starts to suck pretty bad at 50. Also, that if I plan on raiding, go Chloro or it's the bench for me (luckily, I also enjoy Chloromancer as a support healer).

Anyhow, I came up with this here build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...o.xx0V0Vk.Vt0z

32Pyro/22Lock/12Ele

If this has been posted before and proven bad I apologize.

The 12 points in Elementalist are pretty much for the Air Elemental and Exposure, damn shame Revitalize can't be used in combat. For the last two points in Warlock, Shadow Life is an "oh #&^@" cooldown for when you might ever need an immediate heal but for some reason aren't getting it, and that only left one for Dark Power. Reason I didn't just put another point in Pyro is because the Burning Bright bonus is 1.2% per point, whereas DP gave 2%.

For the Pyro tree, so far I've been impressed with the regen from 3/3 Improved Grounding so I picked that up. I hear a lot of people say that Ground of Power is great but the extra damage from standing in it makes it more of a detriment, so that explains 5/5 Improved Ground of Power (that, and there were no other real good places to put it for a bump to damage).

Anyhow, from the perspective of a level 31 this is looking mighty awesome. The weaknesses are more or less covered (extra damage negated and improved thanks to Elemental Link and IGoP, Burning Bright's health nerf is offset by Vitality), there are some nifty toys (Sacrifice Life: Mana and Damage, Reconstruct, Shadow Life and Mortality), and you can still toss around fireballs most of the time. And you get a pet, which I've grown fond of the little dust devil.

Problem is, as you might suspect, I can't test it for another 19 levels. Rather than waiting til I got to 50 and a nice set of gear to test it then present it, I request someone test this build. I'll still try it out myself when I finally get the chance if it doesn't suck hard, it would just be nice to know in advance whether or not it's as awesome as I think it might be.

Thanks for reading if you got this far!

You're missing tempest and IE which makes pyro/ele better than pyro/lock at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayakov View Post
    You're missing tempest and IE which makes pyro/ele better than pyro/lock at 50.
    Marginally.

Pyro-Lock can work, but you have wasted points in ele at the moment. Anything more than 5 for Crit(unless you find yourself dieing a ton) is wasted. An archon will be providing a 5 minute version of Exposure in a raid, and the shield is redundant with the one you already get in Pyro.

The other thing is that PyroLock generally eschews Pyro armor in favor of Lock armor to get an additional 20% damage from all your spells.

The minimum you'll want is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...uchxo.xx0V0VVx. After that you can spend points in some of the survivability stuff in lock, pick up ele for more crit, or archon for 4% more fire damage and two of the best buffs you can get for yourself (pillaging stone & Searing vitality).

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    Marginally.

Pyro-Lock can work, but you have wasted points in ele at the moment. Anything more than 5 for Crit(unless you find yourself dieing a ton) is wasted. An archon will be providing a 5 minute version of Exposure in a raid, and the shield is redundant with the one you already get in Pyro.

The other thing is that PyroLock generally eschews Pyro armor in favor of Lock armor to get an additional 20% damage from all your spells.

The minimum you'll want is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...uchxo.xx0V0VVx. After that you can spend points in some of the survivability stuff in lock, pick up ele for more crit, or archon for 4% more fire damage and two of the best buffs you can get for yourself (pillaging stone & Searing vitality).
    Unfortunately while it will work, you won't be able to outdps Pro/Ele. Tempest and Intensify Elements is just too big of a dps boost.

Highest parsing Pyro build atm is,

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...uxo.Vthz0xoAkz

Taking Pyro to 34 takes full advantage of the recent Burning Bright change in 1.3.

+ Reply to Thread