+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mages aren't bad at all in PVP WF

Soulwalker

Default Mages aren't bad at all in PVP WF

Just got my asswiped last night at BG. I was a 43 warrior(2h CHAMP/PARA) and his 45 mage(domi/lock).

He's good at skill rotations, once i approach him he stuns/slows me, drain my power to 0, once i get close to him he pops up his shield(don't know what's it called) and when the shield goes off he pops again a secondary shield(again i don't know what it is) and vice versa. He got heals too, im sure noones healing him as we're on the northeast side of BG fighting.

I did my best, only got him at half hp, i tried to stun/fear him but his immune to it. kinda odd

And yeah mages still kick's *** if played well.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sp37zn4z View Post
    I was a 43 warrior(.
    /thread...

Rift Chaser

Mages isn't bad at all in the sub-50 brackets, in fact, up to L39, soul purge is overpowered as all hell.

Post-50, it is a completely different story - you are a very very easy kill for warriors and rogues (like 3-4secs 100% to 0), and your damage is pathetic as well.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    Mages isn't bad at all in the sub-50 brackets, in fact, up to L39, soul purge is overpowered as all hell.

Post-50, it is a completely different story - you are a very very easy kill for warriors and rogues (like 3-4secs 100% to 0), and your damage is pathetic as well.
    yeah, but how could a warrior/rogue kill a mage with POWER drained to 0. @.@ Well domi CC's are good enough to kill a warrior IMO.

Plane Walker

Just got my asswiped last night at BG. I was a 43 warrior(2h CHAMP/PARA) and his 45 mage(domi/lock).

He's good at skill rotations, once i approach him he stuns/slows me, drain my power to 0, once i get close to him he pops up his shield(don't know what's it called) and when the shield goes off he pops again a secondary shield(again i don't know what it is) and vice versa. He got heals too, im sure noones healing him as we're on the northeast side of BG fighting.

I did my best, only got him at half hp, i tried to stun/fear him but his immune to it. kinda odd

And yeah mages still kick's *** if played well.
    did he kill you, or did his friends aid him?

Rift Disciple

yeah, but how could a warrior/rogue kill a mage with POWER drained to 0. @.@ Well domi CC's are good enough to kill a warrior IMO.
    by not blowing every single cd they have at the start of the fight and leaving themselves wide open for a drain with nothing left to defend or escape with?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post
    did he kill you, or did his friends aid him?
    prolly, it's a 1on1 like scene as where fighting on the northeast side of BG. Noones there but the 2 of us. So yeah he killed me twice LOL.

yeah, but how could a warrior/rogue kill a mage with POWER drained to 0. @.@
    By killing him before he casts his second spell.
    Last edited by Guaritor; 07-18-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Telaran

Because sometimes, ok most times, you aren't focused on a near target when your in a WF. You may never see the rogue/warrior that kills you in 2-3 seconds flat. I'm rank 5, last night a new "para" build, guys were calling it, was wrecking our Port Scion groups, killing folks fast. I really think the guy 1 hit me from full.

We don't have the power to do that, sure I can drain in a 1 v 1 battle, but most WF's aren't about 1v1.

lol at this
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Rift Chaser

There are so many ways to beat a dominator; the thing of it is most people are so twitchy and they want to just mash buttons until people die.

Here is a priority in terms of beating a dominator:
    1. Purge Split Personality
    2. DO NOT MOVE if you have stormshackle on you.
    3. Spam cleanses on yourself until you're down to 1-2 debuffs.

If you don't have a cleanse or purge, a Dom with his cooldowns up will kill you 1v1. Now, let's talk about a more realistic situation in group play, how to beat a dom.

1. The person the dominator is targeting should stand still and do nothing. I mean nothing. Don't run, don't attack, don't charge, don't heal, don't do anything.
    2. Have any one other person charge in, spam a macro or two, and collect your favor.

Got me? A dominator is fodder for anyone who has a brain. The reason dominators are so good is that people are stupid, and don't know how to not-bunny hop their way across a warfront.

I absolutely hate-bunnyhoppers with a passion that cannot be described in words. As SOON as I see someone jumping, I toss storm shackle on them. As soon as the root goes away, the immediately start jumping and running around, and usually within 3 seconds they are dead, as well as maybe taking a teammate or two with them.

THAT is how you beat a dominator. You do NOTHING while a teammate goes and kills him. Dominators have NO defensive cooldowns.

Shadowlander

Why are mages always so quick and willing to give away all our secrets and teach people how to beat us easy at the first accusation of being OP ... like we're uber defensive and have to explain ourselves all the time.

i think no class is bad in pvp because most of players just cant play.
    only if you run into a good player you suddenly notice some imbalance.

i know a warrior who twinked a mage now, he is usualy under the top 2-4 in healing and damage done as a low rank cloro.

as long as there are so many "clickers" and "macro deniers" in the WFs you can rule with every class, build and equip if you know what youre are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    i think no class is bad in pvp because most of players just cant play.
    only if you run into a good player you suddenly notice some imbalance.

i know a warrior who twinked a mage now, he is usualy under the top 2-4 in healing and damage done as a low rank cloro.

as long as there are so many "clickers" and "macro deniers" in the WFs you can rule with every class, build and equip if you know what youre are doing.
    WOW he must be an impressive chloromancer thenD
    Made my day!
    If some1 haz no clue bout mages, dont even try to argue!
    All mages know how chloromancer works!

oh and, YES im a macro denier, i must be a NOOB then!
    I'm the best mage EU. Screw u nap macro user.

Quote Originally Posted by Citnes View Post
    WOW he must be an impressive chloromancer thenD
    Made my day!
    If some1 haz no clue bout mages, dont even try to argue!
    All mages know how chloromancer works!

oh and, YES im a macro denier, i must be a NOOB then!
    I'm the best mage EU. Screw u nap macro user.
    Muhahah Hahahahhahaah Muhahahahhahaha ... ahahahhaaaa ...

grow up, kid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast