+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Lesser and Greater Essences.

Default Question about Lesser and Greater Essences.

I want to find out what the best way to slot my Sigil is. Currently I have 2 sigils one of which has my best lessers inclusing 3 epics and soon to be 4, an elemental tears greater from shimmersand and a tsunami tidesource and my second sigil has 4 blue quality lessers of ok power, necrotic rage (the transformation bugs the hell out me) and also an elemental tear. I see some ppl using nothing but lessers others with 5 lessers and necrotic rage or a the 25/31 SP greater. What is the best setup to go for a raiding? Is Necrotic Essence really that great or could I pass on it since it bothers me and I tend to have issues with it turning me invisible. Thank you for your responses.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by greenday4425 View Post
    I want to find out what the best way to slot my Sigil is. Currently I have 2 sigils one of which has my best lessers inclusing 3 epics and soon to be 4, an elemental tears greater from shimmersand and a tsunami tidesource and my second sigil has 4 blue quality lessers of ok power, necrotic rage (the transformation bugs the hell out me) and also an elemental tear. I see some ppl using nothing but lessers others with 5 lessers and necrotic rage or a the 25/31 SP greater. What is the best setup to go for a raiding? Is Necrotic Essence really that great or could I pass on it since it bothers me and I tend to have issues with it turning me invisible. Thank you for your responses.
    I've heard from a few places that 5 lessers + necrotic rage is the way to go, but the transformation bugs me too. Especially when I'm playing as pyro, it makes my ground of power disappear pretty frequently and I end up wasting time recasting it.

For the most part, unless you have the notoriety and the Inscribed Shards, Greater Essences are useless unless you are a healer or a tank, imho.

The Greater Essence that increases your spell crit by X amount for X amount of seconds, NEVER CHANGES. Take a look at the level 22, and level 42 versions. Excluding the leveling req, EXACT same numbers.

I have not tested this, but I have heard that the Greaters that do "x" amount of damage on some damaging spells are based off of spell power, and if that is the case, those may be worth it. Myself personally, I will not be looking into these until I have the Inscribed Shards and the rep to get the purple ones from the Planar College.

+ Reply to Thread