+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro, the best in tf2 and rift :)

Soulwalker

Default Pyro, the best in tf2 and rift :)

Sorry, first thread on teh forums, so theres probably a better
    Place to post my build for pvp, but http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zIz0.efueuusuts.V.xx

Its really simple, and coupled with the ability to snare, stun, fire shield, and/or flicker
    Out of battle while maintaining +150% spell damage makes this my favorite build, especially since that extra dps cause fulminate/ cinder burst to crit rediculously high... I guess I want to know why this isn't used more...

Also, on the topic of warrior complaints by mages, warriors are in general supposed to kill mages 1v1 in nearly every game i've played (wow, lotro, aion, eq2), at least, my warrior killed em, warriors generally can break off rediculous amounts of cc removals and inreturn, their dps output isn't anything spectacular, which is why this build in general, helps to kill warriors before they get to you, or if they blitz, always can self stun, flickr, and then cast more instas... Anyway... First post... Hi all

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by manactus View Post
    Sorry, first thread on teh forums, so theres probably a better
    Place to post my build for pvp, but http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zIz0.efueuusuts.V.xx

Its really simple, and coupled with the ability to snare, stun, fire shield, and/or flicker
    Out of battle while maintaining +150% spell damage makes this my favorite build, especially since that extra dps cause fulminate/ cinder burst to crit rediculously high... I guess I want to know why this isn't used more...
    because it lacks mobility and damage.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Hi i tried a very very similar build(only points in archon and 3 more on arch) and yes i was doing good damage (note: for a mage good damage is warrior damage / 2). I was very happy.

Then someone looked at me and I died.
    Last edited by Carondimonio; 07-18-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Soulwalker

Not sure how mutual stun to flicker with insta burning bonds as well lacks mobility, and as for damage, i've killed too many people with this build based on fulminate>fireball> flmae bolt (3 if buff is up) > cinder burst, progression usually gets me through 1-3 people depending upon buffs, enemy hp, and other buffs

Prophet of Telara

Why did u take 5 pts in Archon for 5 % fire dmg instead of extra 5 in AM for 30 % more crit dmg ?

Soulwalker

And here's when i feel stupid... Only been playing for about a month,
    But that kind if error is what I was trying to find... Thank you

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

So I notice you have some good cc and detaunt, but what do you do when you come around a corner and there's a machine gun spinning heavy in your face? Give him a quick spritz with the flamethrower and then whip out your axtinguisher in hopes that he won't mow you down before you even get that first swing off?

Soulwalker

In rift terms, mutual stun, flicker, then nuke his hp to far hell.

In tf2 terms, air blast with your flamethrower, causing the heavy to have to spin up
    Again, and then burn him down

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by manactus View Post
    In rift terms, mutual stun, flicker, then nuke his hp to far hell.

In tf2 terms, air blast with your flamethrower, causing the heavy to have to spin up
    Again, and then burn him down
    you cant break your own stun with flicker
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

You post as if you're
    Deliberately trying
    To write a haiku
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Soulwalker

Based on my math calculations and previous damage multiplication orders
    In terms of finding damage, 51 pyro 15 arch fulminate does 1081 without crit and 2458 with, standing in the nude if you were to have no base stats or intellegence...

+ Reply to Thread