+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How many mages does your guild run in 20 man?

Rift Disciple

Default How many mages does your guild run in 20 man?

I've been noticing more and more guilds like ours seem to have fewer mages then most classes. Even the apps we get, its like 3 warriors/clerics, 5 rogues to one mage app. We run on average 3 mages in raids and trying to find more has been difficult. I think mages need a tweak dps wise, but chloro is still very high throughput and fun to play. Im kind of worried about running so few mages for future tiers if trion doesn't tweak up mages to keep the general mage population happy about raiding. They are already upset about pvp changes.

My questions: How many mages are in you guy's 20m raids? Have you noticed the falloff in mage population between 1.3 and now?

Ascendant

4-5

just get competent mages
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Rift Disciple

5, 2 chloro 1 archon 2 dps

Rift Disciple

3 chloros, 1 archon and 2-3dps here

Sword of Telara

5-7. It's the one class we have an excess of, and after teaching people necro/dom or sc/ele they do very well in every fight. Only at the top top end do mages lose out on DPS, which is the majority of outrage, and people refuting this fact and refuting the refuting... that leads to lots of qq.

But ya, 5-7, you can never have too many as they can always just go raid healing to replace clerics in 99% of instances.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    5-7. It's the one class we have an excess of, and after teaching people necro/dom or sc/ele they do very well in every fight. Only at the top top end do mages lose out on DPS, which is the majority of outrage, and people refuting this fact and refuting the refuting... that leads to lots of qq.

But ya, 5-7, you can never have too many as they can always just go raid healing to replace clerics in 99% of instances.
    this tells me you know nothing about current 1.3 chloro vs cleric healing

and damage isnt "fine" when top mages are 3-500 dps behind all other callings that use a 2 button macro

OP, currently my guild runs 2 mages in raids Archon and 1 Chloro and god damn **** dies so fast do to this.

3-4
    2 chloros
    1 archon
    1 dps(usually me)

All the other mages quit or are rerolling.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    They shouldn't be "replacing Clerics" as raid healers, they should just be the raid healers. Chloro/Lock is currently the best aoe healer in the game by a pretty good margin. On Oracle/Hylas/Greenscale I easily parse over 1200 hps. You definitely want Clerics on the tanks, though.

On-topic, my raids usually have two Chloro/Locks, an Archon, and 2-4 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarokima View Post
    They shouldn't be "replacing Clerics" as raid healers, they should just be the raid healers. Chloro/Lock is currently the best aoe healer in the game by a pretty good margin.
    No Chloro should not be the best healer and Chloro/Lock is not the best aoe healer.

about 3-5 mages
    Last edited by FinalplayerRyu; 07-18-2011 at 02:02 PM.

we usually take 5 of each calling.

for mages it's 1 archon, 1-2 chloro's and 2-3 dps
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Telaran

5-6mages
    1archon
    1-2chloro
    other in dps
    chloro-ele> chloro-lock

on greenscale i have 2150 hps (217hps radiant spores) 2nd chloro have 1711hps with 632hps from radiant spores
    max hit Flourish 3749

Rift Disciple

Suporticars not only have the best AE healing in the game (way better then chloro/lock), but also can do 1500dps+ on an AE fight like herald. The only advantage we do have at this point is infinite mana.

Rift Disciple

5 mages, and 5 of every other calling. Even if mages suck now, someday they'll get buffed and then all the guilds that were taking 2 mages to Hammerknell will cry because they haven't been gearing their mages, and they're suddenly best DPS class.

We've actually got a surplus of mages. They have to compete for spots in our raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashi View Post
    I've been noticing more and more guilds like ours seem to have fewer mages then most classes. Even the apps we get, its like 3 warriors/clerics, 5 rogues to one mage app. We run on average 3 mages in raids and trying to find more has been difficult. I think mages need a tweak dps wise, but chloro is still very high throughput and fun to play. Im kind of worried about running so few mages for future tiers if trion doesn't tweak up mages to keep the general mage population happy about raiding. They are already upset about pvp changes.

My questions: How many mages are in you guy's 20m raids? Have you noticed the falloff in mage population between 1.3 and now?

You need 2 mages in a raid. I know the mages population dropped (lol I am rerolling), but finding 2 mages every 20 people(1/10) shouldn't be difficult.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

However many we have online at the time.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast