+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a mage support and DPS build

Plane Walker

Default Looking for a mage support and DPS build

Kindly asking for both a support build and a DPS build (with rotations if you have them) .

I know there is a lo of emotions regarding the mage dps I don't care about all that just looking for what is considered a viable spec for both these roles.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Best AE DPS: 33 SC 33 Ele 0 archon

Mobile Single Target DPS: 38 Lock 28 Necro 0 Archon (this one may vary, Flesh rot is bugged else would be preferable)
    (GP spec)

Support: 51 Archon 11 Dom 4 Pyro
    Or: 51 Archon 9 Dom 6 Pyro
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Plane Walker

Thanks!

Any chance you know the rotations for those?

I don't know about the dps builds since it's incredibly rare that I get to dps, but for Archon just keep your buffs up and spam this macro:

#show Pillaging Stone
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Earthen Barrage
    cast Volcanic Bomb
    cast Surging Flare
    cast Leeching Flames
    cast Pillaging stone

Power Drain is your charge dump. Use Rock Slide just enough to keep the buff up. Use Flaring Power as needed, and never with any other charge-consuming ability unless you're good at managing your charge.

Forget dpsing.

Archon buff***** is the way, a little boring but at least you are buffing the real dpser and your raid in general.

Soulwalker

Default Archon is cool and all...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....EdIuoVckRR.xx

I am more a fan of the Green Mage linked above.

You pump out a fair amount of dps while keeping everyone alive. The threat reduction in DOM and the high chance of instant cast from Lock make this a pretty dynamic and engaging build.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post

You pump out a fair amount of dps while keeping everyone alive. The threat reduction in DOM and the high chance of instant cast from Lock make this a pretty dynamic and engaging build.
    DPS is on the way with 1.4 so don't be afraid to experiment.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post

Worse AE healing than Chloro/Lock? Check.
    Not a good tank healer? Check.
    Bad support buffs? Check.

Yeah, definitely a good spec.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Did you just say mage and DPS in the same sentence? Lol.

A site you might want to keep bookmarked, and a great resource for new mages:

http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/end-game-mage-pve-guide/

Thats the specific link to his end game pve guide with dps, archon, and healing builds. He has a lot of other good information throughout his site too, as well as keeping it updated with new topics.

It's not the end-all of mage information and super high end specs, but it's a great start.

Rift Disciple

good info except is he going for pvp or pve. I like the chloro/ warlock spec and yes it can heal and dps. It's a pvp spec but I use it for both. I do very little pve in any case. I have used it all the way to rank3 so far and I always for the most part hit the tripples in every wf. That means for dps,damage taken and heals they are almost the same numbers except for the damage taken. It can be higher or less. Still I heal pretty well and the dps is good and the favor and prestige is fantastic since I am doing dps and healing. Experiemnet like another poster suggested and see what you like. That's what I did and still do. I just did all mine through wf and almost never did any pve. Just my style. I lvl'd all my 50's through pvp wf's. I love to fight what can I say hehe. Good hunting all.
    Last edited by Dakkhon; 07-20-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkhon View Post
    good info except is he going for pvp or pve. I like the chloro/ warlock spec and yes it can heal and dps. It's a pvp spec but I use it for both. I do very little pve in any case. I have used it all the way to rank3 so far and I always for the most part hit the tripples in every wf. That means for dps,damage taken and heals they are almost the same numbers except for the damage taken. It can be higher or less. Still I heal pretty well and the dps is good and the favor and prestige is fantastic since I am doing dps and healing. Experiemnet like another poster suggested and see what you like. That's what I did and still do. I just did all mine through wf and almost never did any pve. Just my style. I lvl'd all my 50's through pvp wf's. I love to fight what can I say hehe. Good hunting all.

I love chloro/lock I must agree, great survivability for a mage. It can be tweaked for pvp or pve and you can heal and DPS.

+ Reply to Thread