+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Archon Build, need help!

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default Archon Build, need help!

    I want a support class and the obvious choise is archon but i dont know any good spec (for pve ofc). i dont care that much for healing and damage, i want a full support build. any help is welcome ;)

  2. #2
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Dominator sucks less than Archon, if you insist on wasting space with a non-healer support role in 5-mans.
    I'm so BORED

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    Default

    51 archon, 5 pyro, 10 dom is the/a standard full archon for raids.

    5 for the pyro armor and reduced fire spell cast time
    10 dom for the int
    Last edited by Ravara; 07-18-2011 at 10:33 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Master Guaritor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravara View Post
    51 archon, 5 pyro, 10 dom is the/a standard full archon for raids.

    5 for the pyro armor and reduced fire spell cast time
    10 dom for the int
    Eh, I think its more like 6 pyro/9 dom for GoP...

    Either way, this is a great thread discussing a lot about archon, surprised it fell down as far as it did, maybe someone should bump it.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ec-PVE-Raiding

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Eh, I think its more like 6 pyro/9 dom for GoP...

    Either way, this is a great thread discussing a lot about archon, surprised it fell down as far as it did, maybe someone should bump it.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ec-PVE-Raiding
    If you gotta move during the fight, staying in a ground is not feasible. One spec will give you more dps on stationary fights, the other will give you more dps on mobile fights. Up to you.

  6. #6
    Rift Master Guaritor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravara View Post
    If you gotta move during the fight, staying in a ground is not feasible. One spec will give you more dps on stationary fights, the other will give you more dps on mobile fights. Up to you.
    I think the extra dps you'd gain from putting your ground down when you stop moving would outweigh the extra 2% int even on the more mobile fights.

    Before we get ahead of ourselves though i'd also like to point out to the OP that the extra tiny bit of dps were talking about is a much smaller priorioty then keeping up your buffs/debuffs for the raid.

    Also, while archon's are incredibly helpful for raids, their effect in 5 man dungeons is severly reduced because you're not buffing nearly as many players (for that reason you genrally don't run archon in 5 mans).

    Another great link to check out is bluedot's site, more specifically the end game mage pve guide (scroll down to find archon):

    http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/end-game-mage-pve-guide/
    Last edited by Guaritor; 07-18-2011 at 11:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts