+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to play dom/chloro pvp?

Soulwalker

Default How to play dom/chloro pvp?

I'm all for trying to learn how to play the game myself... but in the event someone could instruct me (and probably others) on just how to play this spec, that'd be great ;D

I tried the dom/chloro split and it seemed like you really only had a couple of abilities that you could use then the rest of the time you were kinda sitting around doing nothing, except you do have pretty great survivability as this build and you just kinda shut down the enemy and outlast them

then the 51 dom build seems like you just kinda rotate with all your AOE **** and just go play port scion all day

seems kinda really boring to be honest
    but would love some instruction from someone that actually knows what theyre doing
    also a link to your build would be great too
    Last edited by Vaxor; 07-18-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Soulwalker

I second this - I know that most here are vets to this game, but there are still a few of us who dont understand the basics yet. I know the Necrolock very well, but am having a hard time understanding some of the basic rotations with the Chlordom / chlorolock specs.

TIA!

Rift Chaser

Various ways to play it.

Traitorous Influence + Radiant Spores [3/3 Phytogenesis] = amazing passive group healing while selectively taking a healer out.

Incompetence [5/5 Ineptitude] is also an amazing passive group healing spell.

The above spells, coupled with Wild Growth and Flourish, make the group heals add up to insane amounts in the end.

Transmogrify is great for control, getting a melee off of you, or with [Swift Control 5/5] for turning your 1.5 second cast spells [Storm Shackles, Nature's Fury and Death's Edict, for example] into basically instant spells for 5 seconds. Getting into the habit of casting Transmogrify and then one of these is well worth the reward of never having to worry about cast times on your spells. Furthermore, because of a bug in the talent prioritization, if you cast Transmogriy [Quick Thinking 2/2 and Swift Control 5/5], then if you get in the habit of casting either Death's Edict or Storm Shackle and then quickly casting Nature's Fury [Nature's Swiftness 2/2], then both the first spell and the second spell will benefit from [Quick Thinking 2/2].

Once you've mastered the above mentioned spell rotation, Radiant Spores [Phytogenesis 3/3], Transmogrify [Quick Thinking 2/2 and Swift Control 5/5] and then Storm Shackle [Microburst 2/2] is another amazing sequence to rack up passive group healing.

Split Personality is just a brutal I-WIN button right now, and [Splintered Mind 2/2] is pretty much mandatory.

My main Dom/Chloro spec is basically 31 points in both trees. Basically, it's amazing group heals, and mana drain for stopping healers, and Split Personality for killing a problem target.

Save Bloom and Essence Surge for yourself, cause eventionally you're gonna start to get singled out and you need those as "O shyt" spells. Deny is an amazing reset spell, and Priest's Lament is a perfect dispell fodder with its instant 5 charges to cast on a healer before loading him up with your mana drains. Also, don't forget that it also stops self-buffs and any spell that benefits your opponent, so it also handy to cast on melee targets as well to prevent speed buffs and attack power/speed buffs.

Basically, as Dom/Chloro you have amazing "fire and forget" group HoT options, a 2 minute I-WIN button, and amazing control on select healers. But don't expect to kill single players in quick succession; you can withstand and outlast most any barrage, but you're not a killing machine.

Hope this helps. =)
    Last edited by Stewy; 07-18-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Rift Chaser

O yeah. Forgot. Transmogrify + Transference + Mana Drain basically takes any Rogue or Warrior out of the picture for about 8 seconds or so, cause it totally drains their resources. Doesn't kill 'em, but takes em out of the picture if they're in the middle of your healer group mashing their melee macro button.
    Last edited by Stewy; 07-18-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Instead of Dom/Chloro, try Chloro/Dom?
    I have a 35 chloro / 21 dom / 10 archmage spec that works pretty well.
    More of a healing spec, but you get to play with all the neat little dominator spells that mess up opposing team's healers. Yes it's less damage than Chlorolock, but once you get used to the play-style, you'll still be able to top healing in warfronts while seriously frustrating opponents.
    If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    Various ways to play it.

Traitorous Influence + Radiant Spores [3/3 Phytogenesis] = amazing passive group healing while selectively taking a healer out.

Incompetence [5/5 Ineptitude] is also an amazing passive group healing spell.

The above spells, coupled with Wild Growth and Flourish, make the group heals add up to insane amounts in the end.

Transmogrify is great for control, getting a melee off of you, or with [Swift Control 5/5] for turning your 1.5 second cast spells [Storm Shackles, Nature's Fury and Death's Edict, for example] into basically instant spells for 5 seconds. Getting into the habit of casting Transmogrify and then one of these is well worth the reward of never having to worry about cast times on your spells. Furthermore, because of a bug in the talent prioritization, if you cast Transmogriy [Quick Thinking 2/2 and Swift Control 5/5], then if you get in the habit of casting either Death's Edict or Storm Shackle and then quickly casting Nature's Fury [Nature's Swiftness 2/2], then both the first spell and the second spell will benefit from [Quick Thinking 2/2].

Once you've mastered the above mentioned spell rotation, Radiant Spores [Phytogenesis 3/3], Transmogrify [Quick Thinking 2/2 and Swift Control 5/5] and then Storm Shackle [Microburst 2/2] is another amazing sequence to rack up passive group healing.

Split Personality is just a brutal I-WIN button right now, and [Splintered Mind 2/2] is pretty much mandatory.

My main Dom/Chloro spec is basically 31 points in both trees. Basically, it's amazing group heals, and mana drain for stopping healers, and Split Personality for killing a problem target.

Save Bloom and Essence Surge for yourself, cause eventionally you're gonna start to get singled out and you need those as "O shyt" spells. Deny is an amazing reset spell, and Priest's Lament is a perfect dispell fodder with its instant 5 charges to cast on a healer before loading him up with your mana drains. Also, don't forget that it also stops self-buffs and any spell that benefits your opponent, so it also handy to cast on melee targets as well to prevent speed buffs and attack power/speed buffs.

Basically, as Dom/Chloro you have amazing "fire and forget" group HoT options, a 2 minute I-WIN button, and amazing control on select healers. But don't expect to kill single players in quick succession; you can withstand and outlast most any barrage, but you're not a killing machine.

Hope this helps. =)
    Going 32 into both trees is far more beneficial than the +dmg in am, if you're already going 31 in. ME is great, even if it means you're only going to use it against other doms that pop SP. Corrosion is invaluable against warriors/rogues.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    O yeah. Forgot. Transmogrify + Transference + Mana Drain basically takes any Rogue or Warrior out of the picture for about 8 seconds or so, cause it totally drains their resources. Doesn't kill 'em, but takes em out of the picture if they're in the middle of your healer group mashing their melee macro button.
    Melee will be completely locked down by doing this. It won't last long but if you throw on storm shackle too you can get some really good space between yourself and that warrior / rogue.

Soulwalker

31/31 4 archmage
    use transmorgify then cas nature's fury it becomes and instant cast then macro nature's fury and vile spores
    cast use TI on casters cast storm shackle on warriors cast transference or warrior or if none are around cast on rogues, cast mana wrench on clerics, don't waste it on mages, split when ever you fill its appropriate and will do the most damage, use wild growth at the beginning such as at codex or where the fang spawns. keep reflective command on cd when your being targeted by a mage, and living shell is a good shield to use against melee. Ruin and Neural prod are your instants which you can you for a quick or to finish someone off. entropic veil is your charge dump and your instant heals are what make you a tank. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...zRo.McVhVkVMbk

+ Reply to Thread