+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 51 Warlock PvP

Default 51 Warlock PvP

This is the build I currently play for pvp, and I love it. I can put out top damage and KBs easily. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0M0c.eeRAkqqek
    It has a decent amout of CC, good burst damage (Void Bolt > Dark Fury > Draining Bolt + DoTs ticking = 25% health of most players), and all of the warlock defence goodies.
    I'm Rank 5 and I have the R5 belt, gloves, and boots. Rest is T2/3 PvE gear.
    Macro : #show void bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dark Fury
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Dark Touch
    When at full charge, I refresh dark touch and neddra's grasp, toggle on empowered darkness, cast radiate death and defile, then quickly toggle off empowered darkness. With my gear, defile ticks for about 350, and 500 a crit.
    You can take DF and DB out of the macro to time your burst better.
    I hope you like it, and all feedback is helpful!
    Last edited by A Mage; 07-17-2011 at 04:19 PM.

XiL

Never go full wetald.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    Never go full wetald.
    Please, try not to post things like this without reason.

Shadowlander

actually 51 lock 15 archmage is my favorite mage spec and my "main" spec. It really is the epitome of "battlemage" with most of the damaging spells being instants, absolutely amazing CC with a snare, stun, fear with no CD, a PBAoE fear, the 51 point talent is amazingly good whether you spam void bolt with you dots already on someone or if you refresh dots with empowered darkness on you, and it also has wonderful survival with essence and shadow life. It does take a little while to become "fluent" with 51 lock but it really is a great spec and my favorite by far for all-around pvp. Better than necrolock IMO.

E: Once I hit P6 I may experiment with some 44/21 archmage builds as rift tomb looks promising but overall I highly recommend all mages try it.
    Last edited by Anathaeus; 07-17-2011 at 08:00 PM.

dark fury and draining bolt have to be pressed manually
    Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    why do all this noob PvP got all this Icon's on screen?
    it only block vision, it servers nothing.

like i care if i hit for 500, or 1000, so long they objective is reached, that is kill your enemy.

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Please, try not to post things like this without reason.
    There are dozens of reasons to not go 51 lock for PvP the first being you will be 100% useless against any class with cleanse.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

lock/necro/am > all for pvp as dps spec

Well ofc not as good as domlol but dom is so ****ing boring, I'd never play one.
    Last edited by Chomag; 07-18-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    lock/necro/am > all for pvp as dps spec

Well ofc not as good as domlol but dom is so ****ing boring, I'd never play one.
    That's probably the best pvp dps spec if there are exactly 0 clerics in your WF. I almost feel like Dom is a requirement for all mages now because apart from lingering wounds, it's the only way to stop them.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Ascendant

There are dozens of reasons to not go 51 lock for PvP the first being you will be 100% useless against any class with cleanse.
    Yeah, listen to this guy, he clearly plays/played 51 lock in PvP.

I actually find the DoTs dont get cleansed alot at all. Dont know if its the people in my battle group, but I've played the spec for a while and cleansing isnt a problem.
    Oh, yeah, and the spec is more fun than dom IMO.

Plane Touched

i like this lock build for pvp

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...kqqek.xx0R0f0h

there really no reason to take both defile and ED, you just dont have enough of charge to set up.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    i like this lock build for pvp

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...kqqek.xx0R0f0h

there really no reason to take both defile and ED, you just dont have enough of charge to set up.
    I personally love my chloro/lock in pvp or pve.

51 lock, 10 dom, 5 archmage. Try it. I'm always in the top 3 for damage in wfs, and have a good number of killing blows.
    RIP Lotham

Thanks. I might try that when I get a bit stouter. I like the warlock tree. Lots of good stuff there. My main solo is a necrolock. I started using chlorolock in PvP to stay alive longer and also spam AoE heals. I play on the move so pyro don't work for me all that well. A lotta people say you have to spec Dom as a mage. What's with that? We have nine souls last time I checked. We have some issues when people say you cam only be effective with one of them. Right now my main issues are that mages need invis and then DPS. I mean really we are supposed to have the best DPS. Why we wear cloth etc... And how can someone (read rogue) just disappear in combat? I don't see how. Combat should lock out the vanishing act.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Thanks. I might try that when I get a bit stouter. I like the warlock tree. Lots of good stuff there. My main solo is a necrolock. I started using chlorolock in PvP to stay alive longer and also spam AoE heals. I play on the move so pyro don't work for me all that well. A lotta people say you have to spec Dom as a mage. What's with that? We have nine souls last time I checked. We have some issues when people say you cam only be effective with one of them. Right now my main issues are that mages need invis and then DPS. I mean really we are supposed to have the best DPS. Why we wear cloth etc... And how can someone (read rogue) just disappear in combat? I don't see how. Combat should lock out the vanishing act.
    You company low health pools and the damage output/mobility(Not to mention their ranged dmg output, hello 1.5-2k POR crits from ranged melee warriors) of rogues/warrriors and what you have is a recipe for, "How did I die so fast soup". That's why it's almost manadatory to pair whatever soul you are using with lock (mobility and damage mitigation cd), Dom (instant control), or chloro (heals). Anything other than that and we die too fast to do anything.
    Last edited by Pyrial; 07-18-2011 at 06:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast