+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T r i o n! ! ! ! !

Shadowlander

Default T r i o n! ! ! ! !

What are you doing? Seriously! I have completed about 20 Tier 2 zones in the past week. Maybe more. And I swear, only 2 Mage items has dropped. Let me spell that....TWO! Whats going on with the drop rate!. Everything that drops is Warrior, Cleric.....Warrior, Cleric....Warrior, Cleric....Rogue.

That dont even include the Raid rifts. Out of (damn...dont remember...and Im delirious from getting upset).....but only a couple pieces have dropped. And one being a damn Lesser.

Im not sure if you are intentionally trying to make Mages quit, so you can revamp the whole Mage class. Or you not playing/experiencing your own game so you can see whats going on.

Maybe its just my Shard. But me and some other Mages were discussing the lack of drops for us. I guess its intended that everything Mages do have to be hard in this game. The spell rotations....the dps....the loot drops. Oh yeah....Im sorry, some damn shoulders dropped on a Raid Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Immlazen View Post
    you are intentionally trying to make Mages quit.
    You answered your own question.
    2 mages every 20 people (archon and chloro) means 1 cloth item every 10 items.

Plane Touched

Mage class will be deleted in 1.5

That is Trions intentions.

Mages are the only class that need 1 set of gear.

Warriors: Tanking gear, DPS gear
    Rogues: Tanking gear, DPS gear
    Cleric: Tanking gear, DPS gear, Healing gear ( Healing and DPS gear for Clerics may be the same, not sure)
    Mage: DPS/Healing gear

So if everything was perfectly itemized 1 in 9 drops (or 1 in 8 if Clerics only need 2 different sets) would be Mage drops.

Doesn't seem fair for mages, but that is where we are at right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post

Cleric: Tanking gear, DPS gear, Healing gear ( Healing and DPS gear for Clerics may be the same, not sure)

So if everything was perfectly itemized 1 in 9 drops (or 1 in 8 if Clerics only need 2 different sets) would be Mage drops.

Clerics use 3 different sets, Tank,DPS,Healing.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post

Yeah, this is a problem, though. As someone who doesn't generally complain about the state of the mages, the state of mage DROPS in game are horrendous. Our clerics, warriors, and rogues are geared to the teeth. Most items that drop now in GSB/GP are just repeat drops... "rot loot" if you will. We junk them and mages just collect their tokens and call it a day.

It's just upsetting, since our 20-man group runs 4-5 mages, and we're all generally undergeared comparatively. When something drops, we all scramble over it, since it's likely the only drop we'll see that week.

I realize the cleric/warrior/rogue drops may not be for the spec that person runs, but I'd rather receive off-spec loot than nothing at all.
    Last edited by Uhgii; 07-17-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Telaran

Itsok, in 1.4 bards and nightblades will need spell power and int, and we can west cloth!
    Un@dayblind rogue lulzMM spec

What are you doing? Seriously! I have completed about 20 Tier 2 zones in the past week. Maybe more. And I swear, only 2 Mage items has dropped. Let me spell that....TWO! Whats going on with the drop rate!. Everything that drops is Warrior, Cleric.....Warrior, Cleric....Warrior, Cleric....Rogue.

That dont even include the Raid rifts. Out of (damn...dont remember...and Im delirious from getting upset).....but only a couple pieces have dropped. And one being a damn Lesser.

Im not sure if you are intentionally trying to make Mages quit, so you can revamp the whole Mage class. Or you not playing/experiencing your own game so you can see whats going on.

Maybe its just my Shard. But me and some other Mages were discussing the lack of drops for us. I guess its intended that everything Mages do have to be hard in this game. The spell rotations....the dps....the loot drops. Oh yeah....Im sorry, some damn shoulders dropped on a Raid Rift.
    Random loot is random, and is generally not a good idea in the long term. Most mmo's have adopted it and won't do much else though, so we are stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myso View Post
    Mage class will be deleted in 1.5

That is Trions intentions.
    wtb free class change ticket.

Shadowlander

Default Random

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    Random loot is random, and is generally not a good idea in the long term. Most mmo's have adopted it and won't do much else though, so we are stuck with it.
    Im not sure if its random anymore. Some days I feel like I have a better chance at winning the lottery. Not really!...but feels like it

Shadowlander

Default Wow

Ok...about 9 Tier 2s and 6 raid rifts with 2 lessers (healers/mage) and 1 Mage item. Almost every drop has been Warrior or clerics. Im almost ready to take a break. Whats the point in playng if there is no reward?

Shield of Telara

I've ran a lot more than 20 and I've gotten 2 item drops that were upgrades. Staff of the Cyclone and the Wand of Storms. I can't really guess how many t2's I've ran but it would have to be more than 50.

I admit I'm getting a little tired of it too but what can you do? It needs to be somewhat random.

Plane Touched

Ok...about 9 Tier 2s and 6 raid rifts with 2 lessers (healers/mage) and 1 Mage item. Almost every drop has been Warrior or clerics. Im almost ready to take a break. Whats the point in playng if there is no reward?
    Just roll an alt until things get settled. I don't think it's worth not playing the mage over the DPS issues and loot issues, but spend a little time on another class. Plus, at the very least there's tokens, which will ultimately turn into some solid gear.

Im not sure if its random anymore. Some days I feel like I have a better chance at winning the lottery. Not really!...but feels like it
    Here you there.. This weekend I did a bunch of runs as a support healer because the group wanted to try out a cleric.. over half the drops were cleric tanking gear..

Don't get me wrong I was extremely pleased because the runs went really well and our guild has another healer. But when all you see drop is chain this or chain that.. you start to listen to the voices saying its all a conspiracy (jk) but yeah you get it..
    Last edited by Tosh; 07-18-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    It is difficult to argue with a whole generation of self entitled petulant children with a battle cry taken from Veruca Salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
    Here you there.. This weekend I did a bunch of runs as a support healer because the group wanted to try out a cleric.. over half the drops were cleric tanking gear..

Don't get me wrong I was extremely pleased because the runs went really well and our guild has another healer. But when all you see drop is chain this or chain that.. you start to listen to the voices saying its all a conspiracy (jk) but yeah you get it..
    here here...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast