+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mages are underpowered now?

Default Mages are underpowered now?

Is it just me or have the mages underpowered? I played RIFT a couple of months back when the Pyromancer was crazily overpowered but that made sense for a mage to be OP only because they are super weak close up. I was just in PVP before and it seems that they aren't worth playing anymore because of how weak they are.

Can someone just inform me if I am correct about them being underpowered now?

P.S. I don't read updates or anything so I wouldn't know if they have been nerfed.

Thanks

Rift Chaser

Read patch notes and read the Mage forums. They are not underpowered in PvP, Dom is well, just dominant.
    Candy

They just don't seem as useful as they used to be

Yes, pyros can no longer one shot every class. You now have to TRY in PvP....
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Plane Touched

mages are balanced. they're very powerful as dom(too bad 80% of rift mages are terribad players and cannot press more than 1 button).

too bad the majority of the community in Rift reminds me of wows immaturity level when replying on the forums...... very tacky.

the op asked a simple question, answer with a bit of respect please or simply dont reply at all.

the question was either trolling or very unspecific or both.

this forum is full of mage-QQ. What do you expect as an answer to "is this class underpowered?" right now and here?
    So.. like in every MMO: play what you want to play. If you think while playing, if you read the tooltips and actually look at what your team/party/raid is doing and act according to the situation instead of hitting 1 or 2 buttons you will do fine. If you dont like the mage souls try something else.

I have fun as a mage. I do not feel underpowered. Or overpowered. I do believe there are some things that need changing but that will always be the case.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by HxCFTW View Post
    Is it just me or have the mages underpowered? I played RIFT a couple of months back when the Pyromancer was crazily overpowered but that made sense for a mage to be OP only because they are super weak close up. I was just in PVP before and it seems that they aren't worth playing anymore because of how weak they are.

P.S. I don't read updates or anything so I wouldn't know if they have been nerfed.

Thanks
    Ground of Strength is no longer god-mode, no.

Although it was absolutely hilarious to sit at the Scion bridge and spam Fire Storm to chain stun every single Guardian/Defiant that spawned at the bridge.

They're not particularly underpowered, but you don't get nearly as much bang for your buck as you would on, say, a Warrior.

Mages are very underpowered and die so easy in PvP it's sad. 1-3 shotted by Rogues and Warriors.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

Rift Disciple

In PVP mages have a few good soul combinations... Dom is extreamly good (but getting nerfed) Chloro/lock plays prety well as well..

In end game pve, mages are archons, or if you cant find another cleric, chloros... DPS they are easily out done by 1-2 button wonders (rogue/war)
    Last edited by Hope; 07-17-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    In PVP mages have a few good soul combinations... Dom is extreamly good (but getting nerfed) Chloro/lock plays prety well as well (but getting nerfed)..

In end game pve, mages are archons, or if you cant find another cleric, chloros... DPS they are easily out done by 1-2 button wonders (rogue/war)
    basically this + quick fixed.
    Last edited by Carondimonio; 07-17-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks
    dont let these rogues fool you, mages are pretty ****ty right now except for dom.

but the thing is, our one decent pvp spec is getting nerfed... GO FIGURE in 1.4 making our defensive cd's no longer stop warriors from us in 3 secs in full p6 gear

Quote Originally Posted by Alleriana View Post
    too bad the majority of the community in Rift reminds me of wows immaturity level when replying on the forums...... very tacky.

the op asked a simple question, answer with a bit of respect please or simply dont reply at all.
    Exactly what I think about this "Player friendly" community. Thanks bro

Rift Disciple

Thanks
    In pve mages are underpowered, pvp not so much.

In pvp we have a few very good specs, either dom based or chloro/lock. Both of these are getting nerfed with the next patch, though.

In pve we are sub-par at everything except aoe damage.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast