+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Be gentle! Rift low lvl Mage PvP

Default Be gentle! Rift low lvl Mage PvP

This is my first video (first video ever tbh) containing Rift PvP on lower lvls.
    I intend to keep posting videos and get better and better footage for you guys.

This first video is mostly for myself to get to learn the process on how to upload and how to edit movies.
    I would love any constructive feedback/criticism so that my next video can be even better!

The footage in this video is only from my low lvl mage (20-29 PvP) and only from Warfronts.
    Tell me what youd rather have me do, end game PvP on my rank 5 Rogue or keep doing lower lvl PvP on my mage (26 atm) and my cleric lvl 30 atm.

Also please subscribe and like/disslike it will help me alot!

I hope you will enjoy what i have created! If you dont, its ok just give me constructive feedback and il make sure to do a better job next time!
    Cheers!

/Meloveyou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFt3hgCjSM

bumpetibump

Plane Touched

go home, mages are dead.
    Don't expect you will perform like this when you hit 50...
    Instant ****..

Ascendant

Switch to archon for your 0 point soul. Cast 5 pillaging stones & 1 searing vitality just before entering the warfront. E.g. on a target dummy.

5 points in life bane is very important as a necro. 5/5.

The warlock bracket gets really juicy up top. Draining bolt & dark fury hit hard. Get them asap. Personally, I like charge, opportunity, vitality + draining bolt for the first 3 tiers. P sure I also went 3/3 life leech in 20-29 though. LL does reasonable damage, especially talented. But later on you won't bother with it much unless opportunity procs. (Though personally I usually use fear or void bolt on opportunity).

In the 30-39 bracket you will need vitality from warlock (10% health) and the archmage soul as more people get end-of-line abilities like stuns. Put 5 points into it for 15% damage. Note : 5 point archmage skill detaunt is good but brakes on dot damage..

Also in 30-39 essence link starts sucking.. I wouldn't bother with points in there. Get 1 point in consumption for when you get mana drained. When you find a tough opponent eat their buffs ahead of time. You will be surprised on some opponent how effective it is. Also, it's useful in PVE as well. As a replacement 'survive' skill, you can get mortality 20 points into warlock.. this is an excellent skill if you get caught by multiple targets.

Good luck, have fun! Mage is awesome in pvp at 50, don't listen to the naysayers.

Rift Disciple

Try playing Dom/Chloro 8 chloro rest domi.

Then come back here at tell us what you think

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrush View Post
    Try playing Dom/Chloro 8 chloro rest domi.

Then come back here at tell us what you think
    I'm just now going back to leveling my mage ( STOP LAUGHING ). So the dom/chloro spec works at lower levels too ?

Have fun doing your pvp and don't listen to the "my butt hurts at 50" crowd.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tommykinda View Post
    I'm just now going back to leveling my mage ( STOP LAUGHING ). So the dom/chloro spec works at lower levels too ?
    1000% YES! The sooner you start the better because it has a steep learning curve. At 20 I have more buttons than any other soul/build -and I have played most of them.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrush View Post
    1000% YES! The sooner you start the better because it has a steep learning curve. At 20 I have more buttons than any other soul/build -and I have played most of them.
    Spec'd my level 29 mage in chloro/dom for a while and ran around pretty much unkillable while questing. Took the slightest bit longer to kill stuff but I would have to go afk to die. Never ran out of mana or even questioned that it could be possible. Also went dom/lock and it was even funnier how hard it was to get myself killed. Necrolock or chlorolock may be better overall but nowhere near as fun.

It works perfectly for PvP but I just thought I'd mention it's not horrible for leveling.
    Last edited by tommykinda; 07-18-2011 at 12:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread