+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: improved warlock armor [?]

Rift Disciple

Default improved warlock armor [?]

Does it boost all of the mage's damage or just the damage of warlock armor?

Rift Disciple

Your Warlock Armor also increases the damage you deal by 10%.
    guess it answers itself

Rift Disciple

So says the tooltip, my litte yellow friend. I was hoping some egg head had already done the test dummy work on this subject. Instead i got forum dummy.

I've been wondering this too... anyone?

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Znick View Post
    I've been wondering this too... anyone?

Z
    yeah last night I made an elem/warlock focusing on the non-warlock(core abilities)..to see how high I could get Crystal missile(maybe use the de-buff in WF)

but it hit for 500-1000....much less than Void in a 51 warlock(600-1100)

as far as I know there is no Void dmg modifier within warlock(just the 15% dot boost)
    there is no earth dmg boost

Void Bolt
    30 Meter Range77 Mana
    Casting Time: 2.0 Seconds
    +15 Charge
    Hurls a ball of dark energy at the enemy, causing 117 to 121 Death damage.
    Requires: Level 48

Crystalline Missiles
    30 Meter Range77 Mana
    Casting Time: 2.0 Seconds
    +15 Charge
    Launches a salvo of stone projectiles at the enemy, causing 132 to 136 Earth damage.
    Requires: Level 48

so somethings up, CM should be hitting for more than void

was trying this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...x0Vzqqxo.xdh0M

Chloro for charge usage, with timed 6 secs life spells for 25% INT(Radiant or withering or cleansing)

exposure, yada, yada, yada.....wanted single highest spell dmg that i could cast non-stop(in a way)

Void was hitting harder from what I recall....and it shouldn't based on the spec

Rift Disciple

As the tooltip clearly states it increases the dmg u deal ...... all of it

void bolt deals more dmg than crystalline missiles because it has ab better spell power coeffient

Because it's so hard to test? Cast a spell, cast warlock armor, cast same spell. Oh, you did more damage? OK.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellchen View Post
    As the tooltip clearly states it increases the dmg u deal ...... all of it

void bolt deals more dmg than crystalline missiles because it has ab better spell power coeffient
    why? same mana.....who and how is spell coefficient determined?

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post
    why? same mana.....who and how is spell coefficient determined?
    Spell Coefficient is the Spell Power to Damage conversion rate. For example Fireball has a 40% Coefficient so if you have 1000 Spell Power Fireball will get an additional 400 damage from your Spell Power.

Improved Warlock Armor increase all damage done but keep in mind that it is additive with other damage multipliers.
    For example if your Void Bolt does 1000 damage and then you spec into Dark Power it will now do 1100 damage (1000 * 1.1, or a 10% increase).
    If you add another 10% from Warlock armor it will now do 1200 damage, not 1210.
    So it is (ignoring spell power and such):
    Real Damage = Base Damage * (Warlock Armor Bonus + Dark Power Bonus)

Edit: Spell Coefficients are determined by the developers, it is just a tool to make some spells more or less powerful then others.
    Last edited by bluedot; 07-18-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    Because it's so hard to test? Cast a spell, cast warlock armor, cast same spell. Oh, you did more damage? OK.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    don't be ridiculous.. to do this, he would have to spec into improved warlock armor. what if it does not increase all damage? then he would have to spend gold to reset his souls which would be outrageous.

Yeah, 50 gold is definitely outrageous.

Rift Disciple

I would really like an answer on this as well.

Shadowlander

Do people honestly expect to be spoon fed absolutely every little thing that you could do yourself for 50 MEASLY GOLD ???
    I'm nowhere near elitist and appreciate help and testing done by guys such as bluedot but this is honestly pathetic. Is it too much work to use that half remaining brain cell and test this out ... why do you even play this game when you can't even figure this out, go download all the cheats to GTA and play that game rather, you'll be better off.

P.S I'm never this rude but WOW this is sad and pathetic on so many levels it just made me rage

Quote Originally Posted by ActAppalled View Post
    Do people honestly expect to be spoon fed absolutely every little thing that you could do yourself for 50 MEASLY GOLD ???
    I'm nowhere near elitist and appreciate help and testing done by guys such as bluedot but this is honestly pathetic. Is it too much work to use that half remaining brain cell and test this out ... why do you even play this game when you can't even figure this out, go download all the cheats to GTA and play that game rather, you'll be better off.

P.S I'm never this rude but WOW this is sad and pathetic on so many levels it just made me rage
    Be careful, you may get warned for telling people the truth. People here don't like hearing that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast