+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Group geared pyro dps

Rift Disciple

Default Group geared pyro dps

Hi,

I like to play full 51 pyro. I been playing around a bit and found 51 pyro 11 archon 4 chloro quite interesting. I used to have mana problems, archon solved it.

I'm mostly t2 geared, missing 2-3 upgrades. SP 921, SC 817 - zero buffed

I parse around 800 dps on longer fights.

Is this any good for group geared pyro or should do better? Any grouped geared pyros here could post their numbers?

Regards,
    Last edited by Ieatacid; 07-16-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatacid View Post
    Hi,

I like to play full 51 pyro. I been playing around a bit and found 51 pyro 11 archon 4 chloro quite interesting. I used to have mana problems, archon solved it.

I'm mostly t2 geared, missing 2-3 upgrades. SP 921, SC 817 - zero buffed

I parse around 800 dps on longer fights.

Is this any good for group geared pyro or should do better? Any grouped geared pyros here could post their numbers?

Regards,
    sry., these fights are t2. i dont raid

why the points into chloro?
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaz View Post
    why the points into chloro?
    25% int boost for archon dot had no other ideas lol

XiL

51 Pyro is useless in PvE.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Rift Chaser

35 pyro/31 ele is still the best pyro build, thought if you REALLY hate pets then I think that spec is fairly good for T2s nonetheless.

Champion of Telara

I think you would be better off using 51Pyro/11Archon/4Elem. Casting a life spell for the Int boost would probably drop your overall dps.

This is the spec I am thinking about. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...euusuts.V0xo.m

Parse them both and let us know which is best.

You will probably find it is below the Pyro/Elem dps, but the difference may not be as much after 1.4. It may be worth it to you not to have to worry about a pet.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 07-19-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    51 Pyro is useless in PvE.
    speak for yourself, I'm usually in top 5 at least in raid dps.

You should try 51 pyro 10 warlock 5 archon - warlock points in affinity and opportunity for instant casts (useful for cinder burst) and 5 in archon to up fire damage

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by Laidrin View Post
    speak for yourself, I'm usually in top 5 at least in raid dps.

You should try 51 pyro 10 warlock 5 archon - warlock points in affinity and opportunity for instant casts (useful for cinder burst) and 5 in archon to up fire damage
    51 Pyro is a waste of points when you can go 30 in Warlock for Warlock armor 5/5 with extra crit + increased damage. 5 Archon is also a waste and lowers your damage.

Its a nice spec if you want it for purely Role Play purposes but for DPS its not effective.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    51 Pyro is a waste of points when you can go 30 in Warlock for Warlock armor 5/5 with extra crit + increased damage. 5 Archon is also a waste and lowers your damage.

Its a nice spec if you want it for purely Role Play purposes but for DPS its not effective.
    again speak for yourself. Archon does not lower your damage, 5 points in soul fire ups fire damage by 5%. 51 pyro also gives you fulminate, with which i hav done 5k crits

again speak for yourself. Archon does not lower your damage, 5 points in soul fire ups fire damage by 5%. 51 pyro also gives you fulminate, with which i hav done 5k crits
    Ignore XiL. He's a know troll. He will oppose EVERYTHING you say, with no proof to back it up at all.

XiL

Storm Caller can hit 10 targets for 5K with an instant cast using the right spec.
    Last edited by XiL; 07-19-2011 at 12:47 PM.

P6 gear for 5K with an instant cast using the right spec.

Off topic : Again, no proof, and constantly proving my point. (wouldn't let me quote...?)

On topic : Pyro is still good, just not as good as it used to be. I still <3 the 2k fireball hits every 1 second with heat wave.
    Try chloro/lock, or 51 point lock if you havent already.
    Last edited by A Mage; 07-19-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Telaran

Starting to realise that A Mage

And I don't see anything on this thread that says we are talking about pvp or pve specifically, I happen to talking about pve, in a raid earlier with another mage using the build you mentioned and I out dpsed them

Starting to realise that A Mage

And I don't see anything on this thread that says we are talking about pvp or pve specifically, I happen to talking about pve, in a raid earlier with another mage using the build you mentioned and I out dpsed them
    Oh, LOL, PvE hehe didnt notice that, sorry, my fault.

I personally havent tried 51 point pyro for PvE, so I couldn't tell ya.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast