+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Equal?

Soulwalker

Default Equal?

Hey forum

So a quick question on mages I had was: are the souls/specs that are OBVIOUSLY not PvP and thus PvE equal? So, like, if I spec mostly PvE in Warlock, Nec, and some random third one will I be as good as someone who specs mostly into Pyro? And along with that, which souls are PvP and which aren't!? An answer to either of these questions would be much appreciated

P.S. The reason I ask is that I recently found out that Justicar and Warden heals (my favorite healers in the entire freakin game due to spells) aren't even main healing specs, and i'd have to spec as a lamesauce Sent to actually get some results.

P.P.S. Nothing personally against Sent's, I just think water and hitting things are cooler ways to heal than pretty lights -_-

Rift Disciple

Currently...

Nec/lock/xx(Id recomend Archon) for PVE and Pyro/Ele/Archon arnt to far apart, also check out SC/Ele with a BS rotation... Though honestly if you are planning on raiding... Get a Archon or a chloro spec... Even at best your ST DPS is going to be 400-600 behind other DPS callings..

PVP - I dont play alot of... but currently Dom is extreamly good...

Shadowlander

Dom is getting hammered.

Rift Disciple

go to www.bluedots.org

The Zoomancer spec is currently top DPS for mages, as far as I know.
    <Rigor Mortis> is recruiting for Defiant side on Dayblind, send a PM for more info!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vendui View Post
    Dom is getting hammered.
    If it's good for mages thats what to expect at least, that seems to be the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Trippindicular View Post
    go to www.bluedots.org

The Zoomancer spec is currently top DPS for mages, as far as I know.
    The zoomancer is gimicky, and in many fights unreliable/unpracticle, I would agree it's hands down the best dummy hitter we have at the moment.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-16-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Vendui View Post
    Dom is getting hammered.
    10 Energy is apparently the worst thing to ever happen to a Mage soul.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Hey Sez, do you ever post on the rogue forums? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Hey Sez, do you ever post on the rogue forums? Just curious.
    haha, he probably trolls warrior forums aswell

XiL

Crying tardleague shuttinz are crying because the world is ending on paper in their basement after their imaginary friend rolled double 28's on his 28 sided dice. Their plan to finally defeat the bathroom monster have been dashed completely because 10 energy is exactly what they needed to drain from him in order to effect a sleeping state and prevent his auto-cast enrage mechanics.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Prophet of Telara

It should be the case that there exist many competitive specs, but obviously it cannot be the case that every spec is competitive--some just have to be better than others.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Currently...

Nec/lock/xx(Id recomend Archon) for PVE and Pyro/Ele/Archon arnt to far apart, also check out SC/Ele with a BS rotation... Though honestly if you are planning on raiding... Get a Archon or a chloro spec... Even at best your ST DPS is going to be 400-600 behind other DPS callings..

PVP - I dont play alot of... but currently Dom is extreamly good...
    Ok...so i'm kinda new so sorry when I ask but:

A) What's a BS rotation O_o? I mean I know what a rotation is but...BS?

B) What's an ST? Didn't see any class with that acronym.

C) What i'm wondering is, will I be discriminated against in terms of guilds just because I have lower DPS?

Soulwalker

A) BS (Building storm)/AB (Arctic blast) rotation is the new SC/Ele rotation that gives mages their top ST(single target) DPS (I know that is debatable). It is extremely convoluted, fairly tricky to pull of in most fights because you really can't move while you are settings everything up, and has 15 steps or so. Not to mention if another mage is using the same rotation you can forget about using it unless both mages communicate to synchronize their spell timings.

B) ST = single target, at least from what i have been able to garner from the forums. Not completely positive about the acronym.

C) Some people say that they take players based on factors other than your average DPS while others don't sugarcoat it and tell mages to reroll :P. We have a great utility class in archon but bards can do that as well. We have an interesting, not sure if I like the changes quite yet, healing class in chloro but again clerics have many more options and can be more flexible to different fight mechanics. So having sub-par DPS means mage spots in guilds are getting more limited. If you are looking to join a serious raiding guild, the average DPS you pull is a major factor. Accepting characters whose average DPS is less than other callings by 200 or so is only gimping your raid if they don't provide some other benefit.

That being said, there are still guild leaders out there that want players they like to talk to and play with rather than a-holes who think they are indispensable because they have the top DPS on the shard :P. So it depends on what your end-goals for a guild are, social/casual or hardcore.

Hope that info helped.

Rift Disciple

That storms have resorted to that ridiculous rotation should be torn apart by the shrnks that study mmo addiction or the cross fertilization between severe homosexuality and video game development.

+ Reply to Thread