+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necromancer & Lich form, a mathematical approach.

Soulwalker

Default Necromancer & Lich form, a mathematical approach.

Before I say anything, I tested these numbers several times in same kind of monsters, for more than one kind of them. I've turned in and off my pet abilities and saw watched his damage with and without them.

Background information: I've always found funny how my Zealot crits his blood spike on exactly 444 damage. Each time. So when I've used lich form I was intrigued to see that the damage from blood spike raised from 444 to 487.

Lich Form: Transforms the mage into a powerfull undead for 30 seconds, increasing their mana regenaration by 20%, Their damage by 20%, their undead pet damage by 30% and allowing them to breath underwater.

Increases their pet damage by 30%

So, number: When I turned off my zealot skills, I've noticed he dealt 116 damage to one particular kind of monster. Once I turned the lich form on, the dmg increased to 134. Quick math:
    116 - 100%
    134 - x
    x= 115.51%
    So you see, 15,5% extra damage. Though I'll admit, the 15 extra damage we would get seems lousy right? Yea, about that:

Bloodspike: If the enemy is affected by Necrosis, this ability has 100% chance to crit.

I have an extra 100% dmg on that skill from the talent tree too. So my damage goes from 195(when the target is not necrosed) to 444(while he is under necrosis) the 30% increase on damage should make that baby fly up to nearly 500-600 estimated damage(at first thought)

I've made the mat, the skill crits with a 227.69% damage. Take away 100% from the talent tree and we have a skill that deals 127.69% damage(which indicates the crit dmg increase is 27.7%) So we take 27.7% out of 195(base skill dmg) that equals 50dmg'

Now I'll take a guess and say that bonus damage work with the base damage, not the amount of damage from the skill itself

(which means it will work with the 195 dmg, not 444). We apply 30% to the base damage we will reach 253 dmg. Now we crit it(without the talent bonus)
    If we add in the bonus from the tree the dmg should be around 502 dmg

Granted, I;m still lvl 38. And there's an extra 50% to be obtained from that necromance tree. But still, if we take the normal pet damage, the skill damage or the skill crit damage the conclusion is clear. The skill does not display the correct amount of bonus it will generate for our pet.

And before I hear any argument of "But necromancers pet would be too OP" I'll say that I'm not complaining about that the damage should be higher or lower, only that it is not what the skill says it should be.

So why should I put all those 31 points on the necro tree again?
    Last edited by Kthr; 07-16-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Champion

Its possible they did to necros that they did to doms.

Squirrel +50% dmg, no crit possible.

Meaning, Before I could Squirel a target, hit them for +50% dmg (50% = crit) and crit them for an adtional +50%. however, some pyros abused this, and got it nerfed for ALL specs, and for doms in particular, so now you hav ea 100% chance to hit 'lawl' and deal +50% dmg, with no posisbility to crit. (+50% basically = a crit)

hence, its possible, they ninja-nerfed necro on that regards, so you rpet can only hit for the bonus, but not the crit. Or the crit and not the bonus.

Or perhaps they even put a cap on the total "bonus" dmb modifier on a spell/ability..

The thing is, dmg bonii are generally additive. So when you have the massive dmg boost from the 5 point talent giving 3% per point spent in the tree the an added +30% on top of that isn't going to turn into that big a dmg buff. Which is silly and long CDs like this should be multiplicative in order for them to actually provide the stated bonus.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Disciple

Bonii, he said bonii

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
    Bonii, he said bonii
    Bonus, Boni, Bono, Bonum, Bono, etc, etc. Why he put 2 "i"s there I don't know.

Rift Disciple

Cool

Latin endings are fading from the English language for good reason, and to latinize bonus is even more rare. Off with that guy's head for contempt of English. Srsly, what an arse!

+ Reply to Thread