+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.4 PTS testing of Soul Purge

Shadowlander

Default 1.4 PTS testing of Soul Purge

On Live right now my stats are - 1084/724* completely unbuffed.
    My Soul purge is hitting for 587 and critting for 880.
    Without any gear on, it's hitting for 203.

On Test in raid gear my stats were 1146/865 completely unbuffed.
    My Soul purge is hitting for 585 and critting for 878
    Without any gear on, it's hitting for 107.

I just... I just don't have words.
    Last edited by Disda; 07-15-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: *stat correction

Rift Disciple

i have a few 4-letter ones you can borrow if you like.

Champion

Completely ridiculous.

Honestly, If you already haven't i'd submit a bug report. The patch notes said they were tweaking charge consuming abilities damage UP, not down... hopefully someone just misplaced a decimal somewhere or something.

Rift Master

There is no nerf. Stop spreading false information for ****'s sake. If you're not testing properly, please do not even touch the PTS. It does nothing but cause unnecessary and unwanted concern amongst everyone.

This is the same crap that Levi unintentionally did with Pyro during one of the previous patches and caused a huge uproar over something that was entirely imaginary. And then people wonder why no one listens to the Mage community.

The only thing any of these Charge consumption changes did was buff Pyro, SC and possibly make Defile + Purge an incredibly potent and viable DPS spec.
    Last edited by Linian; 07-15-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: removed rude comment.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Honestly, If you already haven't i'd submit a bug report. The patch notes said they were tweaking charge consuming abilities damage UP, not down... hopefully someone just misplaced a decimal somewhere or something.
    Charge is going down slower. It's just doing less damage per tick. In other words it's not bugged, it's just lulzworthy.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post
    Charge is going down slower. It's just doing less damage per tick. In other words it's not bugged, it's just lulzworthy.
    No, it is not doing less damage per tick. I'm logged into the PTS and on Live as we speak, doing damage comparisons. Soul Purge is the exact same damage while taking 7 Charge/tick as opposed to 10/tick.
    Defile is doing the exact same damage while taking 77 Charge for the duration as opposed to 97.

That's it. Nothing else changed.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
    No, it is not doing less damage per tick. I'm logged into the PTS and on Live as we speak, doing damage comparisons. Soul Purge is the exact same damage while taking 7 Charge/tick as opposed to 10/tick.
    Defile is doing the exact same damage while taking 77 Charge for the duration as opposed to 97.

That's it. Nothing else changed.
    then why all other players wich tested it are reporting lower damages with the same stats?
    maybe you are forgetting than in live you are wearing t2 and in pts hammerknell set with hammerknell weapons?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    then why all other players wich tested it are reporting lower damages with the same stats?
    maybe you are forgetting than in live you are wearing t2 and in pts hammerknell set with hammerknell weapons?
    I have my Spellpower set to within five points of Live and on the PTS. I'm not mistaken, sorry.

As to why all other players testing reporting different numbers? I don't know. Not many are smart though. But it's okay, let's just make a huge uproar again (Over something that does not exist) and wonder why no one in this game, whether it be Trion themselves, or other Callings, takes us seriously.

Love the Mages here.

Soulwalker

I have my Spellpower set to within five points of Live and on the PTS. I'm not mistaken, sorry.

As to why all other players testing reporting different numbers? I don't know. Not many are smart though. But it's okay, let's just make a huge uproar again (Over something that does not exist) and wonder why no one in this game, whether it be Trion themselves, or other Callings, takes us seriously.

Love the Mages here.
    Kinda like insulting other people on the forums really helps others to take you seriously?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerguyT89 View Post
    Kinda like insulting other people on the forums really helps others to take you seriously?
    I couldn't care less whether or not I'm taken seriously by anyone in this section of the forum, frankly.

I'm simply stating that the posters claiming Purge and Defile are being nerfed in damage, are wrong. If you choose to believe me, that is fine. If you choose to believe I'm lying for whatever benefit that may give to me, then that too is fine.

Those that know how to test and are diligent will now have a heads-up about the misinformation being tossed across the board once again.

I couldn't care less whether or not I'm taken seriously by anyone in this section of the forum, frankly.

I'm simply stating that the posters claiming Purge and Defile are being nerfed in damage, are wrong. If you choose to believe me, that is fine. If you choose to believe I'm lying for whatever benefit that may give to me, then that too is fine.

Those that know how to test and are diligent will now have a heads-up about the misinformation being tossed across the board once again.
    Im curious then what I could have possibly been messing up when I tested them both yesterday. I made sure my buff bar was empty on live and pts, got within 2 SP (1070 on live, 1072 on test) had the exact same specs when testing defile/purge on the test as on live, made sure the dummies weren't being debuffed by anyone, and even cast void bolt, life leech, and dark touch to check that they were hitting for the same too (they were). Soul purge and defile were the only two casts that were hitting for less. When I wake up tomorrow i'll give it another go I guess.
    Last edited by Guaritor; 07-15-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Im curious then what I could have possibly been messing up when I tested them both yesterday. I made sure my buff bar was empty on live and pts, got within 2 SP (1070 on live, 1072 on test) had the exact same specs when testing defile on the test as on live, made sure the dummies weren't being debuffed by anyone, and even cast void bolt, life leech, and dark touch to check that they were hitting for the same too (they were). Soul purge and defile were the only two casts that were hitting for less. When I wake up tomorrow i'll give it another go I guess.
    Were the Healing PvP nerfs in play yesterday and not today?

Were the Healing PvP nerfs in play yesterday and not today?
    I think thats a possiblity... though I would assume that wouldn't affect results on a test dummy.

Gah, **** it, its almost 3 am, but I think im gonna go boot up my pc and test it again.
    Last edited by Guaritor; 07-15-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Did they fix Defile to give the last tick yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast