+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting bored always being melee..would like to go diff route

Telaran

Default Getting bored always being melee..would like to go diff route

I usually always play melee characters in this game and end up getting bored. I kind of like the idea of mages in this game with all the different builds and what looks like fun gameplay. I dont really care to hear the mages suck in this thread because I dont feel that way entirely. Can anyone reccomend me some fun PvE leveling specs? Im dabbling with necrolock right now but kind of looking to try something different entirely and instead of doing DPS I kind of would like to do CC...I like the idea of controlling the flow of things and pairing up with other classes for PvP..I dont care if I can take ppl 1 on 1 or not.

Hoping to hear back from the skilled mages or ppl who work with what they have and not just complain and jump to bandwagon classes

Quote Originally Posted by Cmac25 View Post
    I usually always play melee characters in this game and end up getting bored. I kind of like the idea of mages in this game with all the different builds and what looks like fun gameplay. I dont really care to hear the mages suck in this thread because I dont feel that way entirely. Can anyone reccomend me some fun PvE leveling specs? Im dabbling with necrolock right now but kind of looking to try something different entirely and instead of doing DPS I kind of would like to do CC...I like the idea of controlling the flow of things and pairing up with other classes for PvP..I dont care if I can take ppl 1 on 1 or not.

Hoping to hear back from the skilled mages or ppl who work with what they have and not just complain and jump to bandwagon classes
    "Mage Leveling Specs" in my signature is, imo, the most efficient way to level a Mage. Wasn't aiming for the most "fun" though.

I don't PvP much but Necro/Lock, Necro to Soul Purge always seems to dominate.
    Last edited by bluedot; 07-15-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cmac25 View Post

nec/lock/chl for leveling

soul purge is your charge dumb
    nuke with chloro spells
    lock is just for sac life/mana opp/fast charge

synth tank pet and go to town.

no cc in pve and not much left in pvp

Telaran

So dominator is pretty much PvP? And changing to chloro is for the purpose of finding dungeons quicker?

Rift Disciple

dom pvp.

the chloro is to heal yourself and your tank pet.

if you want to find dungeons quicker you're going to need another spec dedicated to chloro.

Plane Touched

I'm finding my Chloro/Pyro/Lock spec to be quite fun to play while also being capable at questing with no downtime.

It's not the most efficient leveling spec (Due to only really doing single target damage, even if I can and often do survive fights involving 5-6 enemies in) but it doesn't have a pet (Something I got bored with after 30ish levels) and has a nice playstyle (Using casted attacks and looking at different procs, timing heals to get the most benefit from them, placing down a ground when I think I may need the absorb shield from consuming it)

I'm not sure what level it would start becoming viable though, since I only started it at level 41. But it's something to consider if you find Necro/lock becoming a bit repetitive.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

+ Reply to Thread