+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Building storm getting nerfed now?

Default Building storm getting nerfed now?

STORMCALLER
    * Building Storm: Now stacks buffs on the caster, increasing the critical hit chance of Hypothermia-causing spells.

No mention of the extra damage though. Is that being left alone?
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    STORMCALLER
    * Building Storm: Now stacks buffs on the caster, increasing the critical hit chance of Hypothermia-causing spells.

No mention of the extra damage though. Is that being left alone?
    It makes it so now multiple people can run the build now instead of just one.
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

This is not a nerf this is just changing the way the stacking buff would be applied, thus you can now run 4 mages using the bs/ab rotation without stealing the stacks from one another. the dmg and everything else from BS is still the same.

and from my testing, no more micro crits!
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Venemar View Post
    This is not a nerf this is just changing the way the stacking buff would be applied, thus you can now run 4 mages using the bs/ab rotation without stealing the stacks from one another. the dmg and everything else from BS is still the same.
    could be a nerf, it depend on in which stack of additive or multiplicative buff/debuff is considered now...
    as a debuff it was a multiplicative bonus, as a buff it could become an additive one.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Prophet of Telara

We were running a lot of archon testing trying to abuse burning purpose + building storm. All that effort has been wasted.

Rift Master

Did you know?
    You could stack building storm on a friendly player by using a particular way of healing them.
    I did but it won't matter now. I never told anyone because I wasn't about to see it abused.
    This might change that.
    Last edited by Fernt; 07-15-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    and from my testing, no more micro crits!
    Now THATS what I like to hear!
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread