+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When will we get our Mages?

Rift Chaser

Exclamation When will we get our Mages?

I still can`t believe how bad Trion treats us Mages.

Mages should be a Glass-Cannon. What we are is Glass and nothingelse.

For usuall Mages should be best DD with some nice extras for CC and shields to protect themselves; some nice survival-skills.

But theese are the facts:

PvP: The Immunity-System.

It was very important to find a system as the Warriors and Rogues had to many CCs with a very short CD on them.

Now Trion has found a system that lets you read Immun Immun Immun all the time when playing PvP. I really can´t read it anymore!

As playing a Mage I should have some possibilites to get distance between me and a melee. This won´t work because of the Immun-System, Trion has implemented.

On the other hand, playing a Mage means having no talents, that could bypass the Immunity. The only thing we can do is to die.

We have no real survival skills.
    Our shields are worthless, as the dmg they absorb is still to low. And when stunned or CCd you can´t use them.

The only „shield“ that helps us is Neddra´s Essence (Warlock); but its CD is much to high.
    And, as a Rogue and Warriors have different abbilities for beeing Immun against DMG and everythinelse, Neddras Essence won´t work, as the Rogues Immunity is much too long.

Of course you could say, that the Mage also benefits from the Immun-Systen.
    Wrong! Absolutely wrong!

As the burst of a Rogue or a Warrior is extremely high, we are dieing in just one blink; we are still one- or two-hits fort them! The Immunity-System is worthless for us!

The only things that helps us a little were Storm Shackle and Traitorous Influence. But now Traitourus Influence should be nerfed. And I wonder why.

If a Rogue is Immun, you can make no DMG on him nor would a talent like Shackle or Traitourus work. But he can kill you in a blink!
    Other classes can easly dispell these talents.
    So as Mage u cant use your strong weapons that often.

In addition, other classes have much more outs, when CCd. Mage has nothing but Flicker (Pyro), or Break Free (Arch Mage).
    But, as mentioned earlier, theese skills won´t help us, as we still are one- or two-hits for our enemies!

Even Blizzard has realized, that Rogues (and other classes) should not have the ability to one- or two-hit other classes!

PvE:

Playing a Mage means, as far as my experiences are concerned, you are only approved to T3 as full Chloro or full Archont, as our DMG-Output is much too low, compared to other classes.
    We have extremly long and complex rotations, screwed up with any movement. Other classes can do much more DPS by just using a one- ort two-key-macro.
    Wow! That´s kind of fair!

And this is the reason, why Mages are getting replaced by other classes.

Meanwhile, I have seen some players given up playing their Mage (for reasons mentioned above) to finally play a different class wich is accepted as DD and brings much better survival-skills and support as a Mage ever could do.

Other players already quit playing Rift for exactly these reasons I have already outlined:

„As for me, playing a Mage, the game is done right after T2, just because of the less DPS compared with other classes, there is someting going wrong in this game“.

Also see this:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...edom-of-choice

To call a Spade a Spade:

Mage is broken.
    We have two souls for support.
    We have no dmg-soul that could compete with dmg-souls of other classes.
    We have very long and difficult rotations (for example SC/Ele) getting screwed up with any movement.
    We have the worst survivability, particularly for PvP.

So Trion please tell me:

When will we finally get our Mages?
    When are we permitted to make at least the same DMG as other classes?
    When will we get survival skills, that will work against our enemies?

When will we get our Mages?

Soulwalker

I am a rogue, do you have any idea how many bloody rogues there are? or warriors for that matter? Heck, I would roll a mage just to be a mage for the higher chance of getting gear from raids lol.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by xinsai View Post
    I am a rogue, do you have any idea how many bloody rogues there are? or warriors for that matter? Heck, I would roll a mage just to be a mage for the higher chance of getting gear from raids lol.
    But you get your chance!

Mages not!
    They are not allowed to go to T3 as DD; only as Full-Archont oder Full-Chloro!

That the point.

But I am not a healer nor a buff-machine!

With only 4 classes in Rift, Trion can't afford for one to be seriously lagging behind the others.

Project manager is an important link in a mmo design/dev team. I've seen games utterly rot into disarray and experience total decimation of player base due to lack of a lucid project manager. I really don't want to see that happen to Rift.

Here is the problum,

You are complaining about pvp and pve.

PvPers are being heard more than the pve community atm. So mages are being adjusted for pvp with very little concern or focus on pve atm.

As it stands for pvp stop crying, pvp never ever will be balanced. Manny games try to and everyone fails at it. The only way you are ever going to see balance in pvp is if everyone enters the warfront naked with a stick and 10hp each time you get hit you loose 1hp and congrats you are now pvp balanced.

PvP is and always will be a flavor of the month thing, your on the top then adjustments get made, your back on the bottom. Also remember some people will just be better than you. I really wish the pvpers would stop crying because it makes everything else get screwed over.

As to PvE, Mages need help for Singel Target dps encounters, our rotations involve a lot of work for a very small payoff. If trion wants to come out and say look mages are ment to be an aoe/support class fine but at least just come out and be upfront about it. I dont need to top the charts on encounters like pluto, but I am sick of being 200-300 dps being people without relic gear smashing 1 button.

If you cant find a raid group who will take you in as dps then you need to find a better guild. If they are only using 1 chloro and 1 archon then move on to someone else. Plenty of guilds out their who know mages at some point will be fixed and will be beneficial to raids again as dps. We still use 3 dps mages in our runs and have one of the highest overall raid dps parses on pluto I have seen posted.

in mmo's you have to ride out the storms, classes always go up and down with each patch and at some point mages will go back up. It sucks for now but if you can wait it out you will get back on par with everyone else eventuailly. For everyone who has to have instant gratification i recomend leveling all 4 callings to 50 gearing them out and then you can play each new patch whatever role happens to be on top.

Ven

Ascendant

Don't forget that our neddra can be purged from us.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Soulwalker

im sorry but trion is not reponsible if your guild is too noob to deal with (1) a bit less dps than they would get from replacing all mages in the group with other classes or (2) too stupid to see that mages will get buffed/other classes will get nerfed for pve and that its wise to gear up a group of mages along with everyone else in preparation for when mages are viable again.

honestly, i like mages right now more than at any time before. you have half a dozen viable specs for raids (at least 2 chloro, archon, at least 4 dps - pyro/ele, sc/ele, necro/lock, necro/dom) to whine about not being able to top dps all the time, is stupid. just go play a different class if you care that much.
    Dago - 50 Bahmi Warrior || Olive - 50 Eth Mage ~ Sagespire EU (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Venemar View Post
    Here is the problum,

PvPers are being heard more than the pve community atm. So mages are being adjusted for pvp with very little concern or focus on pve atm.

As it stands for pvp stop crying, pvp never ever will be balanced. Manny games try to and everyone fails at it. The only way you are ever going to see balance in pvp is if everyone enters the warfront naked with a stick and 10hp each time you get hit you loose 1hp and congrats you are now pvp balanced.

PvP is and always will be a flavor of the month thing, your on the top then adjustments get made, your back on the bottom. Also remember some people will just be better than you. I really wish the pvpers would stop crying because it makes everything else get screwed over.

As to PvE, Mages need help for Singel Target dps encounters, our rotations involve a lot of work for a very small payoff. If trion wants to come out and say look mages are ment to be an aoe/support class fine but at least just come out and be upfront about it. I dont need to top the charts on encounters like pluto, but I am sick of being 200-300 dps being people without relic gear smashing 1 button.

If you cant find a raid group who will take you in as dps then you need to find a better guild. If they are only using 1 chloro and 1 archon then move on to someone else. Plenty of guilds out their who know mages at some point will be fixed and will be beneficial to raids again as dps. We still use 3 dps mages in our runs and have one of the highest overall raid dps parses on pluto I have seen posted.

in mmo's you have to ride out the storms, classes always go up and down with each patch and at some point mages will go back up. It sucks for now but if you can wait it out you will get back on par with everyone else eventuailly. For everyone who has to have instant gratification i recomend leveling all 4 callings to 50 gearing them out and then you can play each new patch whatever role happens to be on top.

Ven
    We're being adjusted down in PvP. In group play we're essentially bottom of the barrel and in a raid environment we're essentially bottom of the barrel. So Trion is just ignoring the mage class as a whole.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Shield of Telara

Simple fix If melee think that they should be doing better dps than mages, then more encounters need to me made melee unfriedly to where a mages lack of dps can bridge the gap.

Shadowlander

Here is the problum,

Ven
    Couldnt have said it better myself..

This is exactly whats going on.

Plane Walker

Great post, by the op everything here is true and is well thought out instead of just a bunch of QQs.

In PVE I get out damaged by rouges and warriors in our raid that are new recruits with some blues and t1's equipped simply because my rotation is absurdly difficult to pull off and there is movement which completely ruins anything mage can put out.

Myself and the other mages fight over who will be support or chloro because we can't stand the shame of our damage output.

I have been patiently waiting Trion to care about us but I'm afraid we are just the red headed step child class with to few players for them to actually care enough to fix things.

It probably won't ever happen and I'll be off to Tera in a couple months but I'll stick it out in hopes that rotations will be simplified and damage will be increased. Even though I highly doubt this will ever happen.

When Trion, when is it going to be our time?

Shadowlander

The old song and dance is all i hear on here. Mages are being toned down for pvp so it hurts them in pve. Wake the F up. They cant be toned down anymore in pvp; well being TRION is so clueless I guess they could be toned down more, Mages in pvp are such a joke that every other class fight over who gets to squash them.

Thats ok though when all the mages are gone clerics will be next on the food chain. All will be fine though all you need is the warrior class for dps and tank and rouge class to dps and heal. Might as well only make R7 and R8 plate and leather because them are the only 2 classes that will be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Xynvyctus View Post
    Great post, by the op everything here is true and is well thought out instead of just a bunch of QQs.

In PVE I get out damaged by rouges and warriors in our raid that are new recruits with some blues and t1's equipped simply because my rotation is absurdly difficult to pull off and there is movement which completely ruins anything mage can put out.

Myself and the other mages fight over who will be support or chloro because we can't stand the shame of our damage output.

I have been patiently waiting Trion to care about us but I'm afraid we are just the red headed step child class with to few players for them to actually care enough to fix things.

It probably won't ever happen and I'll be off to Tera in a couple months but I'll stick it out in hopes that rotations will be simplified and damage will be increased. Even though I highly doubt this will ever happen.

When Trion, when is it going to be our time?
    ^this very well put and i agree

+ Reply to Thread