+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dom/chloro/am PVP w/ macros

Ascendant

Default Dom/chloro/am PVP w/ macros

I've been hoarding this spec since 1.3 but let's do as the other classes do and lay our pvp cards on the table. Mages need to band together now.

spec. (move arresting presence to reflecting or mana wrench or whatever if you want.

Note : if you dont have PVP rank 4 don't worry!. Put 6 of the AM points into chloromancer instead to get nature's fury. (I recommend accelerated growth or call of spring. Living shell is pretty handy too). With 26 in Chloro you need to add Nature's Fury to the chloro macro, in front of Nature's Touch. Put the remaining 4 points into defensive AM for anti-crit, or more healer stuff in chloro as you like.

Basic play.. use 50% cast speed increase w/ long casts in dominator & chloro to kill them. You get cast speed from a successful transmorgrify.

Transmorgrify attack sequence
    transmorgrify ->
    annoy or pvp chloro ->
    repeat ->
    energy ->
    <entropic veil> ->
    energy ->
    instant
    If a melee is on you, what to do?
    1.) Try transmorgrify sequence.
    1a.) You can use transmorg on their pet for cast time, too.
    2.) If transmorg doesnt work, use the energy macro.
    3.) Split personality hits REALLY, REALLY hard in 1.3. Use it.
    4.) If those are on cooldown, detaunt, deny (cleanse yourself), and bloom. Kite away. Try transmorg or energy again when you think it might work.
    5.) Spam your instant macro. There's a knockback in it as well as some meh damage.
    If a caster is on you, what to do?
    1.) Try transmorgrify sequence.
    1a.) You can use transmorg on their pet for cast time, too.
    2.) If transmorg doesnt work, use the energy macro.
    3.) Split personality hits REALLY, REALLY hard in 1.3. Use it.
    4.) If those are on cooldown and you are hurting. consider detaunt, deny (cleanse yourself), and bloom.
    5.) Arresting presence, Reflect & Natural Conversion work really well on casters. Note, melee clerics should be considered melee.
    6.) Mana wrench (to eat their remaining mana) or instants.
    You get two transmorg per target. However, if you use storm shackle (root), you only get 1. In 1.3. your big heal is bloom. Deny (cleanse) is AMAZING. Use it a lot.

Experiment with your abilities.. there's a lot. It will take time. It's fun though, enjoy.

Note extra utility : combat res.

Macros

Cleanse
    #show Deny
    cast Deny
    cast Nature's Cleansing
    Annoy
    #show Storm Shacklesuppressmacrofailures cast Storm Shackle
    cast Death's Edict
    cast Split Personality
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Neural Prod
    Energy
    #show Traitorous Influence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Traitorous Influence
    cast Transferencecast Incompetence
    #show Nature's Touch

PVP Chloro
    suppressmacrofailures
    use Cavernous Nothing
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Vile Spores
    Instant
    #show Ruin
    use Cavernous Nothing
    cast Ruin
    cast Thunder Blast
    cast Neural Prod
    PetAttack
    #show Split Personality
    cast Split Personality
    petattack
    Last edited by ururu; 07-15-2011 at 08:59 AM.

I have made a personal decision to never make a dom spec without 3/3 empowered presence and reflective presence.

I'd detail out the reasons, but I think it's best that people figure this one out on their own.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    I have made a personal decision to never make a dom spec without 3/3 empowered presence and reflective presence.

I'd detail out the reasons, but I think it's best that people figure this one out on their own.
    Thanks for the comment. Wish I could go back and edit the post to fix the one macro slipping out.. oh well.

You can do something like this and use all the same macros if you like.

There's not enough casters in my warfront group to make it worthwhile for me. Also, I am addicted to disastrous consequences & overload. Double-tap comes in handy too as everyone likes targetting the dominator.

(And using degeneration on chloromancers makes me feel sick but amused. Kekeke.)
    Last edited by ururu; 07-15-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Shadowlander

It's a bad idea to macro TI with transf, especially having it first. Due to TI being far superior in an aoe situation so you dont want it being burnt when you simply wanna transference a warrior or something Even if you want to use it on someone by themselves, just have it on another key.

Why no Priests lament? It's far superior to 2% int.

Also, assuming you arent cast speed debuffed, 4/5 in swift is enough to bring NT, and of course other spells, to gcd speed, have you considered dropping a point of it for reflective presence? And while your picking that up, grabbing emp presence over splintered mind is an idea. The interrupt proc is amazing, especially with how often people will be immune to your cc, casting something, and you'll want it interrupted. Assuming you cast split with swift control running, it'll be at or below gcd time anyway (depending on 4/5 or full swift), and I dont know about you, but i rarely pop Split Lamewinality on CD, its just a bit cheap in its current state, and its also a "PURGE ME PURGE ME!" key if you play against anybody decent.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    It's a bad idea to macro TI with transf, especially having it first. Due to TI being far superior in an aoe situation so you dont want it being burnt when you simply wanna transference a warrior or something Even if you want to use it on someone by themselves, just have it on another key.

Why no Priests lament? It's far superior to 2% int.

Also, assuming you arent cast speed debuffed, 4/5 in swift is enough to bring NT, and of course other spells, to gcd speed, have you considered dropping a point of it for reflective presence? And while your picking that up, grabbing emp presence over splintered mind is an idea. The interrupt proc is amazing, especially with how often people will be immune to your cc, casting something, and you'll want it interrupted. Assuming you cast split with swift control running, it'll be at or below gcd time anyway (depending on 4/5 or full swift), and I dont know about you, but i rarely pop Split Lamewinality on CD, its just a bit cheap in its current state, and its also a "PURGE ME PURGE ME!" key if you play against anybody decent.
    I keep transference bound separately as well.

I disagree with you about priest's lament. that ability eats immunities. I'd much rather have more killing power & mana. Use arresting presence for silences.

I've played with 4/5 swift control but prefer it at 5/5, even if it's under the GCD. Kiting is a constant job and moving a little bit sooner is sometimes the difference.

I pop split personality when there's 2 or more targets. I don't care if it's lame. Each of them hit 700-1100 on lots of targets so yeah I use it on cooldown vs 2 or more targets.
    Last edited by ururu; 07-15-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Ascendant

sorry for the self bump, but I've just realized I didn't mention void shroud... be sure to use the 50% heal debuff where appropriate.

keep the comments coming, I hope to pick up some tips too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    I've been hoarding this spec since 1.3 but let's do as the other classes do and lay our pvp cards on the table. Mages need to band together now.

spec. (move arresting presence to reflecting or mana wrench or whatever if you want.

Note : if you dont have PVP rank 4 don't worry!. Put 6 of the AM points into chloromancer instead to get nature's fury. (I recommend accelerated growth or call of spring. Living shell is pretty handy too). With 26 in Chloro you need to add Nature's Fury to the chloro macro, in front of Nature's Touch. Put the remaining 4 points into defensive AM for anti-crit, or more healer stuff in chloro as you like.

Basic play.. use 50% cast speed increase w/ long casts in dominator & chloro to kill them. You get cast speed from a successful transmorgrify.

Transmorgrify attack sequence
    If a melee is on you, what to do?
    If a caster is on you, what to do?
    You get two transmorg per target. However, if you use storm shackle (root), you only get 1. In 1.3. your big heal is bloom. Deny (cleanse) is AMAZING. Use it a lot.

Experiment with your abilities.. there's a lot. It will take time. It's fun though, enjoy.

Note extra utility : combat res.

Macros

Cleanse Annoy
    Energy
    #show Nature's Touch

PVP Chloro
    Instant PetAttack
    You really need to break out those abilities in the macros to either use a shift or alt modifier. The thing that is most intriguing (as far as playstyle is concerned) about the dom specs are the situational uses of their spells. Lumping them all together in a priority macro is very detrimental.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    I keep transference bound separately as well.

I disagree with you about priest's lament. that ability eats immunities. I'd much rather have more killing power & mana. Use arresting presence for silences.

I've played with 4/5 swift control but prefer it at 5/5, even if it's under the GCD. Kiting is a constant job and moving a little bit sooner is sometimes the difference.

I pop split personality when there's 2 or more targets. I don't care if it's lame. Each of them hit 700-1100 on lots of targets so yeah I use it on cooldown vs 2 or more targets.
    Yeah I can definately see the use in 5/5 swift, especially if someone is beating on you, its a personal pref thing. I find priests invaluable, you don't necessarily have to use it on someone you are planning on attacking or ccing, you can just throw it up on a rand healer while you silence/cc another caster (or group of), and go for a dps or w/e. I guess I just like to take dominator literally and try to dominate the whole battlefield.

You realise priests will interrupt them even if they are on immune DR, right?

Also, why choose 1% life damage and a battle rez over mass exhaustion and another tasty dom point (reflective maybe)? I guess I can see its usefulness, but MEing another doms pets is entertaining as hell. (though I guess your friend coming back to life and saving you every 5min can be pretty fun too)
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 07-15-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Dots - Briarcliff

Ascendant

Great comments, thanks.

As you can see from my spec choice into overload, I like to kill things more than marginal utility gain. The build & macros revolve around using dominator & > 1.5s chloro spells to kill targets while keeping self & teammates alive. If there are dominant warriors in the warfront, I will often match them for killing blows. If the warfront is full of scrubs, I'll probably get top damage + top heals + top killing blows. So, for me, this is fun playstyle.

Yup, the battle rez / extra point in chloro is a spec choice. I don't like mass exhaustion much. Others might like it though. Personally I very much prefer the battle rez & extra damage.
    Last edited by ururu; 07-15-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Telaran

The part I don't understand is where you said if you use Storm Shackle, you can only use Transmorgrify once.

Personally, even though you said you have keyed macros and also some spells individually, I think you lose more time deciding which to use than if you just cast your spells individually. Of course, this wouldn't free you to multitask with healing etc. Same reason I don't run multiple setups for pvp. I need lightning fast reactions and I just can't have that split second of wondering. I rap my thumb on the 0 key and get the same result every time.

Perhaps it's just me not fully using my resources but I don't like the idea of hitting one button and getting multiple skills off. I have written a few but nothing that would allow multiple skills with one button. Mine are more to interrupt my own spellcasting and begin casting another. The alternative is hitting spacebar or moving and that is an action, so I'm not coming off high and mighty. I'm still technically doing two things with one button. Use what ya got.

My most intricate macro is one I wrote for Reflective Command. It stops casting, puts Reflective Command on me and then reacquires target.

Rift Master

I don't use the Macros either, ultimately I think you are better off binding everything individually and using muscle memory to it's biggest advantage. Kind of like playing an instrument.

Your spec is fine, I would put a point in reflective presence though.

Macro:

cast @self Reflective Presence
    Reflective Presence owns other Dominators and their shades.

Do you run with friends who will remember you have a battle res and give you the chance to use it? If so keep 20 Chloro. Otherwise take the 32 point Dom skill.

Also make this Macro.

#show Traitorous Influence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lifegiving Veil
    cast Traitorous Influence
    LGV is not on GCD and procs natural awareness.
    TI drains mana based on 5% of your Mana pool each time. Proccing Natural Awareness increases your Mana pool.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    I don't use the Macros either, ultimately I think you are better off binding everything individually and using muscle memory to it's biggest advantage. Kind of like playing an instrument.

Your spec is fine, I would put a point in reflective presence though.

Macro:

Reflective Presence owns other Dominators and their shades.

Do you run with friends who will remember you have a battle res and give you the chance to use it? If so keep 20 Chloro. Otherwise take the 32 point Dom skill.

Also make this Macro.

LGV is not on GCD and procs natural awareness.
    TI drains mana based on 5% of your Mana pool each time. Proccing Natural Awareness increases your Mana pool.
    If you look at what's macroed, it's really not that much. With transference bound to another hotkey I have never minded any of the macros.

Battle rez.. is a battle. It takes time but eventually they start asking if you have a res. Clerics are probably best at this if you queue with them

I'll try out the lifegiving veil cast in my energy macro, that's pretty neat, woo hoo nice tip.

Rift Disciple

Sorry never played Dom just starting, could you clarify your macro? Or just paste the actual ones you use?

Macros for PvP... :/

I agree with the other post that you shouldn't play like that, you limit yourself greatly not being able to play based on scenario. You should hotkey everything and play with muscle memory

PvP is not a raid, people can outsmart you
    Last edited by Menaace; 07-18-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

Does Swift Control/Controlled Op. Proc even if Transmogrify is resisted/immuned what not?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast