+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for the incoming PvP problem

Default Suggestions for the incoming PvP problem

Now I don't have the numbers to corroborate my analysis of the mage classes' current status in PvP or PvE so I can't and won't speak on the behalf of the PvE side of mages. I do, however, know a lot about our current status in PvP, I believe the changes that could be made to circumvent the current unplayable status would be subtle enough not to hurt or help PvE whilst fixing several specs. My changes would be in conjunction with the current changes and as follows:

Archmage
    Hastened Withdrawal - Gives you a 10/20% chance to dispel all movement impairing effects and increase your movement speed by 35/70%
    Collateral Damage - This talent has been removed
    Mirror Effect - Your single target spellcasts have a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to copy your last spell on the target, this copied spell cannot crit and cannot be resisted. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
    Nyx's Manipulation - Curses the enemy, reducing the damage and healing of the target by 50% and reduces the cast time of the mage's abilties by 50% 2 min cd
    Withered Veins - Now works for instant cast single target damage abilities
    Rift Tomb - Consumes 50 charge off of the DR for both knockback and banish
    Concentration - Reduces the Knockback recieved from any source of damage by 50/100%
    Dominator
    Neural Prod - Damage increased by 12%
    Improved Mana Wrench - Damage increase has been bumped to 10/20/30%
    Ineptitude - Healing increase has been bumped to 15/30/45/60/75%
    Haunting Pain - Stacks are no longer removed by movement
    Necromancer
    Consumption - Saps beneficial energies from the enemy, removing two buff effects and restoring 15% of the mage's mana.
    Linked In Death - New Talent! Reduces the direct damage the mage takes by 20/40% and inflicts that damage to the mage's undead pet. Also reduces the direct damage the mage's undead pet takes by 20/40% and inflicts that damage to the mage.
    Symbiote - Increases the healing you recieve from essence link by 20/40/60/80/100%
    Detonate Bones - Now works when the pet is recalled
    Pyromancer
    Fiery Resolve - When the mage is hit by a melee attack the mage has a 10/20/30% chance to remove all root/snare effects and increase movement speed by 25/50/75%, When the mage is hit by a casted or physical damage attack/ability the mage has a 10/20/30% chance to gain a buff causing physical/magic attacks to miss the mage for 5 sec. Each effect cannot occur more than once every minute.
    Stormcaller
    Static Barrier - Knockback no longer affected by Diminishing returns
    Charged Field - This Talent is no longer effective in PvP
    Storm Guard - Consumes the mages charge to super charge the mage with a shield reducing damage taken by 25% causing all direct damage attacks to consume a charge reducing the cast time of your next hypothermia causing ability by 100% and causing it to apply a stack of electrified.These charges are retroactive up to 5. Charge is consumed on use of the Storm Guard generating a stack per 10 charge consumed.
    Electrified stacks can no longer be cleansed
    Warlock
    Improved Life Leech - Healing has been bumped to 20/40/60% increase. Also limits maximum effective targets to 3
    Draining Bolt - Healing has been increased to 150%
    Improved Warlock Armor - Also decreases damage taken by 2/4/6/8/10%
    Mage Armors are no longer dispellable

I believe these changes would not effect the PvE world of mages very much and would make them much more viable in several specs and not limit mages to a specific spec for PvP

bumpity bump

Soulwalker

Worrrrrrddd

they sound good, but I don't see any of these being implemented realistically

why not? theyre practical changes that wont affect other parts of the game

If Trion was being practical they wouldn't be ignoring mages for the past 2 months and nerfing and nerfing away.

I like Mirror Effect and the Withered Veins change, although if I were going to change Withered Veins I'd bump it up to 10% per stack and remove the single target restriction to at least make it comparable to Lingering Wounds, although the points investment for Withering Veins would still make it a tough sell.

Almost everything else I disagree with though, in that they're things you'd like to have, and not things the various souls need.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudolus View Post
    why not? theyre practical changes that wont affect other parts of the game
    just because of how things have gone for mages already. The fact that most of these suggestions I actually thought 'that'd be nice to have' should automatically indicate that it won't, or if it does it won't be long before other callings complain about it
    Last edited by Hellhot; 07-15-2011 at 10:24 AM.

aye i kept personal preference out of it, these are things these souls need without them they still lack the survivability to put out the damage necessary to be valid in PvP, we dont have a damage issue it is simply a survivability one

I think they went the wrong way with Archmage, very lazy way. Archmage should've been about PVP tools instead of PVP damage and reduction.

Archmage

Hastened Withdrawal - Gives you a 10/20% chance to dispel all movement impairing effects and increase your movement speed by 35/70%
    Collateral Damage - This talent has been removed
    Mirror Effect - Your single target spellcasts have a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to copy your last spell on the target, this copied spell cannot crit and cannot be resisted. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
    Nyx's Manipulation - Curses the enemy, reducing the damage and healing of the target by 50% and reduces the cast time of the mage's abilties by 50% 2 min cd
    Withered Veins - Now works for instant cast single target damage abilities
    Rift Tomb - Consumes 50 charge off of the DR for both knockback and banish
    Concentration - Reduces the Knockback recieved from any source of damage by 50/100%
    I disagree with this part of your suggestions. Instead:

Archmage
    • Tier 1: Transmorgify Manipulation: Transforms the enemy into a harmless deer. Damage done would break the transformation. When the player comes out of the transformed state, the player is slowed for 5 seconds.
    • Tier 1: Flash Freeze: Freezes the player and any player within 10 meters in place for 5 seconds. Any damage would break the freeze.
    Now that is utility.

Aye, it is but it is affected by the DR, which means without proper management you're ***ked and in WF's those are useless based on all of the AoE.

Pyromancer :

Combust chance increased to 20/40/60% , else no chance to stack 3 charges.

Burning Bright : No longer lowers your total health. No reason to be glass if cannot be cannon.

Withering Flames. Instant channeling dmg that can also crit. No longer drains charge

Improved Flame Bolt : Increases dmg of Flame Bolt. Atm its a slap in the face.

Inferno : Off the global cd. ty

Countdown : Explodes after 5 seconds. not 8.

can we get some sort of response from devs to corroborate the issues that are bound to happen

bumpity bump

XiL

How is mage unplayable? The cheese spec can wipe an entire balanced group solo. SC/AM/Warlock can drop 10 targets with a 5000 damage guaranteed crit AB (against full P6 Gear) and sustain massive amounts of damage between cooldowns on up to 10 targets. Chloro/Lock can just bounce around spamming 3000+ DPS with Devouring shadows and splash healing 5% + Spore procs.

Mage that run around trying to solo large groups in WFs and then get tore up like a wet paper bag are bad at PvP. Mage dominate PvP played correctly and with a balanced group mage make an extremely durable PvP tank running a number of different specs that place them over 7k health with self heals and massive DPS burst.
    Last edited by XiL; 07-15-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast