+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PVP Warlock-Necro Guide 1.3 (0WN4G3)

Thumbs up PVP Warlock-Necro Guide 1.3 (0WN4G3)

Well, since self-healing is going to be trashed in 1.4, I don't mind sharing my pvp build with my fellow mages.

Currently with my build (I'm atm R4 and solo player), I basically own in warfront. I am not here to brag nor to give big advices though I noticed most mages playing currently chloro-lock & dominator combinations, which I love to see -as in I eat them alive- because of my build.

Sidenote: On duels that I made I only lost to R6 Rogues in our guild -who has 3 stuns and 2 hides under 10 secs-.

Basically, my build is a Necro-Lock. Here's the current build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...mqxk.xtctVpk0o

I use the build also for PvE so there are some PvE skills in it. So it might be pointed out that these changes might be slightly better for pure PvP build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...mqxk.xtctVpozo

OK. Here's what I do: I use the "rogue" pet always have WA & NS as self buffs.

When I target someone, I cast "Death's Grasp" first for stun and snare debuff and then "Consumption" to remove 1 buff from the target (most of the classes depend on their buffs to do good damage, especially chloro-locks). Then I cast my debuffs on the target: Essence Link, Necrosis, Dark Touch, Neddra's Grasp.

By the time the stun has worn off, I have 2 debuffs-dots on the target and by the time that the target reacts to me I have at least 4 debuffs-dots on my target. By then, if the target has healing spec, it will try to heal -or vile spores for chloro-, so if I see a healing cast I silence with "choke" and then start channeling Soul Purge. The target -%90 probability- dies during soul purge.

The good part of this build is you keep healing yourself and even though I don't like to admit it: your pet hits really good. You have some survivability skills (self heals and neddra's essence) and have a good burst potential with burst and lich form buffs. You can kite warriors with ease even if they bull-snare you at start and can kill about any class on 1v1. You have 0 down time and no need rest and since you dont have any cast-time required skills, you can keep moving while playing.

So, try it out and feedback.
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-14-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Plane Touched

lol
    try it out against a warrior..
    Doesnt work against warrior and rogue... and cleric..
    You are basically killing your own self..

just was at warfront.. kited warriors to death and only got hit by their bull snare. you tried or?

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by killthedesires View Post
    lol
    try it out against a warrior..
    Doesnt work against warrior and rogue... and cleric..
    You are basically killing your own self..
    Thanks It does work but not always but still once ur p3 and up u should be fine and I do play dom mix with loc ill say is a 50 50 but loc/nec is a better choice for 1.4 I agree

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Valentr View Post
    just was at warfront.. kited warriors to death and only got hit by their bull snare. you tried or?
    If the warrior you are fighting is being kited by your to such extend that he can ONLY hit with bullrush snare, he is either an horrible player or just don't know when to use his cd to remove movement debuff properly.

Plane Touched

this build is better

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...aqxo.xtctVzk0s

you dont know how huge the crits of the rogue pet (800-1100) when u dont spec into clattering bones instead of extra hp (seriously who hit pets in wfs? you can insta summon him if he dies anyway).

i prefer the second stun instead of neddras grasp, you shouldnt relay on opponents actions.

necrolock is good spec but domi counters it easily, you probably dualed bad dominators because priest lament alone is enough to shut you down.
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 07-14-2011 at 11:53 PM.

http://postimage.org/image/zek9msys/

this is from black garden, which ended like 10 secs ago. I made all my kills from 100 to 0. I didn't steal any kill. the moment, the other team "noticed" me, I was kiting 3 players.

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    this build is better

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...aqxo.xtctVzk0s

you dont know how huge the crits of the rogue pet (800-1100) when u dont spec into clattering bones instead of extra hp (seriously who hit pets in wfs? you can insta summon him if he dies anyway).

i prefer the second stun instead of neddras grasp, you shouldnt relay on opponents actions.

necrolock is good spec but domi counters it easily, you probably dualed bad dominators because priest lament alone is enough to shut you down.
    i might agree. but i dont want to waste 2 globals for pet recast. but apart from that yes.
    second stun is worthless actually because of immunity issues and i prefer silence > 2nd stun.

note: as i told before, i also use it for pve so i use tank-pet for elites from time to time so hp is relevant there.
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-15-2011 at 12:12 AM.

10 secs ago: http://postimage.org/image/wastr37o/ ... codex

btw warriors are imba. i dont even try to compete with them.

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    If the warrior you are fighting is being kited by your to such extend that he can ONLY hit with bullrush snare, he is either an horrible player or just don't know when to use his cd to remove movement debuff properly.
    no it's not it. stun (gives hidden snare when pet hits) gives me time to get away from him for couple of meters and after that our speed is the same and i can dot him without looking at him.
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-15-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Plane Walker

no it's not it. stun (gives hidden snare when pet hits) gives me time to get away from him for couple of meters and after that our speed is the same and i can dot him without looking at him.
    That snare gets immune so fast that it is the most horrible CC u can ever cast (30% to start with, 2nd hit of pet = target immune). You do not take into account so many things: 1. Warrior have more than 1 gap closers, ever fought the ones who can pull/riftwalk+charge? 2. Warriors can breakdown as well. 3. Warriors (paragon dual) might have run speed increase. 4. Warriors can get ranged snare+ranged root. 5. Your pet = proc his 30% hp regen when he kills it.

If in this game the ONLY thing we have to worry about warrior is the in combat charge, I would be so happy. You need to fight better warriors.
    Last edited by noche; 07-15-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Banned

Post a video, let's see it(you) in action.

Sword of Telara

I've been playing with a similar build since 1.0

It is effective against rogues and warriors, you just have to time your stuns carefully. I put 2 points in Dom as the 3rd soul to get Thunder Blast (knockback) and this way I have Neural Prod to spam while running and gain charge for Soul Purge. I value this more than Break Free.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    I will as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    sorry for my delay. i installed fraps but guild demanded for ros-gsb-gp-ros runs last days and i had to be there. i will fraps and share within this weekend a long footage.

i like necro lock, its one of my specs i use every once and a while..

but i mainly use lock/chloro 44/18/4

the problem with necro lock is alot of the dmg is coming from soul purge..

which requires you to stand still

no thanks man

not with the current state of warriors

Telaran

i play on the seastone battlegroup as JHV (the so called best hardcore PVP server that recruited all other servers when there were transfers). i've played warlock-necro since 1 month into when the game released. i've hit a million damage/heal combo (900k plus in damage) in port and although i started out with a pet build i now only put enough points into necro to get soul purge.

5 points into archmage for 15 percent damage is too good to pass up. it will give you that burst you need to finish someone off quick in pvp and i have enough points left over to go 44 into warlock which gives me the new improved defile (which will only get better in 1.4) and more importantly mass fear, which ups your survivability considerably.

you can't dps if you're dead.

i can post up warfront screenshots if you want, but if you're on my cluster you will probably already recognize me.

lately i've been also alternating with a dom-chloro build. it's quite fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast