+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mage in rifit is a Joke.

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Mage in rifit is a Joke.

mage in pvp is a joke, die for any other class in 3 seconds, no time to react. 3 hits is down... if u like pvps chose or cleric or warrior or rogue..or go to another game..
    not need to answer is just a warning.

Get some pvp gear. Try again.

Not saying we're fine by any means. I believe we need quite a bit of work, but until you're at LEAST P3, you just don't have the experience it takes to accurately estimate mage PVP.

Soulwalker

Do less damage, work on control. Great success.

Champion

Well played doms are very strong counters to a couple of specs right now. Will continue to be so even after Split nerf.

Well, some class has to be the free kills so that 10 year old kids that roll their face on the keyboard can get prestige.

mage in pvp is pretty powerful, its only in pve dps that it needs some boost to match what rogues and warriors are doing.
    32/32 chlorolock, chloro/dom, necro/lock/dom, and dom/xxx probably are the most viable imo
    I use chlorolock often in warfronts, its by no means underpowered if your willing to play around the very untypical battle healer role for mage. Definitely capable of getting top heals and dmg, and being tough as nails to take down, especially in group with a little extra healing to buffer enough time for its own direct heal cds to come up again. Its defensive cds, mana regen, silence, snare and cleanses all prevent it from having any really bad matchups too and give it well rounded options against stealth bursts, mana drains, etc..
    Last edited by Inixia; 07-14-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Soulwalker

Default experience

i play mmorgs for 6yrs and never seen before so weak mage. how ofencive is an 32/32 chlorolock vs warrior tank, cleric or rogue, (assissin) ? lol no chance. nothing.... u will die so fast, lot of stuns,silences. show 1 link video in pvp 1x1............. not KS pvp...is only way for mage kill is ks.

I have to agree with the O.P current state of mage is weaksauce , silenced then dead is no fun at all , the burst damage of the other 3 classes is ridiculous tbh , buff mage now trion !! . Also dont even get me started on raids cos atm apart from archon buffer or chloro , you do not need a mage for dps at all

Yah, I agree. Mages should be the most powerful at DPS. Otherwise I want plate too.
    Rogues have stolen our spot and our invis too.
    PvP I had to go chlorolock. The pet was just not that effective. Dead all the time when he runs off after someone. I get decent results now I think based on the focus fire I'm receiving. Who looks out for our interests in this game?
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Yah, I agree. Mages should be the most powerful at DPS. Otherwise I want plate too.
    Rogues have stolen our spot and our invis too.
    PvP I had to go chlorolock. The pet was just not that effective. Dead all the time when he runs off after someone. I get decent results now I think based on the focus fire I'm receiving. Who looks out for our interests in this game?
    you want plate armor for what? The awesome magic resist it gives?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by LordDarkness View Post
    mage in pvp is a joke, die for any other class in 3 seconds, no time to react. 3 hits is down... if u like pvps chose or cleric or warrior or rogue..or go to another game..
    not need to answer is just a warning.
    If you're coming from WoW then yeah, Rift mage is totally different than the mages in WoW but I wouldn't say it's a joke. It might feel like a joke when you're trying to play the rift mage with the confidence of a WoW frost mage, especially when you're undergeared.

Each soul combination has a very different playstyle, some are quite weak for PVP, that's true but there are very potent combinations as well if played right. You are absolutely right though that mage is the most difficult calling to play in PVP.

Rift Chaser

I'm r4 with 650 valour and 6200-6500HP and I still die in < 5secs versus solo warrior spike dmg. You can't just use the ranged argument because parachamps can outrun you, charge you, and DPS you back from range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisdeath View Post
    you want plate armor for what? The awesome magic resist it gives?
    you're forgetting that your average 44 para/20-22 champ also has:
    * uncleanseable & spammable 50% heal debuff on all crits (effectively a AE heal debuff with no CD)
    * 30sec CD instant uncleanseable AE fear + ST root at 11 champ. 44 lock (45sec CD) or 26 inq (60sec CD) have AE fears, but they are cleanseable and don't come with a root.
    * off-GCD interrupt on 8sec CD
    * spammable snare
    * knockback (15sec CD)
    * charge + root (15sec CD )
    * 1min instant armour debuff (15sec CD)
    ^^^ and all of that utility comes from JUST 20 champ

* 5sec disarm (30sec CD)
    * 15sec (8sec) instant incapacitate (30sec CD)
    * knockback immunity
    * 15-21secs of +50% movement speed every 60sec
    * 10secs of +75% parry/+50% dmg every 60sec
    * 80% (!!) strength/dex debuff for 8secs every 60sec
    ^^^ on top of all that utility from 44 paragon.

...on top of the best burst damage in the game, plus high AE damage, plus high sustained DPS. While wearing the best armour in the game. There are no downsides.

Mages have sweet F/A survivability and mediocre damage, and after 1.4, will be even more worse off than now. It's total BS.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 07-15-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    I'm r4 with 650 valour and 6200-6500HP and I still die in < 5secs versus warriors. You can't just use the ranged argument because parachamps can outrun you, charge you, and DPS you back from range.

* uncleanseable & spammable 50% heal debuff on all crits (effectively a AE heal debuff with no CD)
    * 30sec CD instant uncleanseable AE fear + ST root at 11 champ. 44 lock (45sec CD) or 26 inq (60sec CD) have AE fears, but they are cleanseable and don't come with a root.
    * spammable snare
    * knockback (15sec CD)

* 5sec disarm (30sec CD)
    * knockback immunity

...on top of the best burst damage in the game, plus high AE damage, plus high sustained DPS. While wearing the best armour in the game. There are no downsides.

Mages have sweet F/A survivability and mediocre damage, and after 1.4, will be even more worse off than now.
    "We're happy with warriors" - Trion

I think they watched Gladiator and got inspired. They need to watch Clash of the Titans '10 and watch Hades and get inspired.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 07-15-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Soulwalker

Default this is the reality of rifit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    I'm r4 with 650 valour and 6200-6500HP and I still die in < 5secs versus solo warrior spike dmg. You can't just use the ranged argument because parachamps can outrun you, charge you, and DPS you back from range.

* spammable snare
    * knockback (15sec CD)

* 5sec disarm (30sec CD)
    * knockback immunity

Mages have sweet F/A survivability and mediocre damage, and after 1.4, will be even more worse off than now. It's total BS.
    this is the reality of rifit, 100%

Champion of Telara

Riift is a great game if you like to play a melee character. If you like to play a ranged dps caster, you will be hamstrung.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast