+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charge consuming ability testing

Default Charge consuming ability testing

Just went and tested this on the PTS, with 1070 sp (same as my live char), and completley unbuffed (no archon buffs or warlock armor, a completley empty buff bar).

It seems they actually tweaked the charge consuming abilities damage DOWN contrary to:

MAGE
    Tweaking general Mage damage upwards for Charge consumption abilities. Addressing issues specifically with Dominators and complete energy/power starvation in PVP.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...1.4-Discussion

With the exact same builds as live (35/31 lock necro, 51/15 chloro lock, 38/28 lock necro):

Defile was hitting for 210 vs 221 on live

Soul purge was hitting for 495 vs 591 on live

Rock slide was hitting for 278 vs 299 on live.

Natural spendor stayed the same at 373-374 as did corrosion at 98

To test if I had screwed up something to make all my damage lower I tested a few spells, and my void bolts were exactly the same(628), as were my life leeches(155) and dark touch (129).

Static flux went from ~15 seconds uptime to ~18 seconds with a full charge bar.

Thats all I got to test and I did it fairly quickly, so Its possible I messed something up...but since my VB, life leech and dark touch were hitting for the same I don't think so. (If I did, feel free to slap me later)
    Last edited by Guaritor; 07-14-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Prophet of Telara

AFAIK the only change they intended to make was to slow the usage of charge by our charge dumps. A totally random solution, and not one of the many awesome suggestions made on these forums--just completely out of left field.

But I lol'ed at 15 seconds to now 18 seconds. Thanks, TRION!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Just went and tested this on the PTS, with 1070 sp (same as my live char), and completley unbuffed (no archon buffs or warlock armor, a completley empty buff bar).

It seems they actually tweaked the charge consuming abilities damage DOWN contrary to:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...1.4-Discussion

With the exact same builds as live (35/31 lock necro, 51/15 chloro lock, 38/28 lock necro):

Defile was hitting for 210 vs 221 on live

Soul purge was hitting for 495 vs 591 on live

Rock slide was hitting for 278 vs 299 on live.

Natural spendor stayed the same at 373-374 as did corrosion at 98

To test if I had screwed up something to make all my damage lower I tested a few spells, and my void bolts were exactly the same(628), as were my life leeches(155) and dark touch (129).

Static flux went from ~15 seconds uptime to ~18 seconds with a full charge bar.

Thats all I got to test and I did it fairly quickly, so Its possible I messed something up...but since my VB, life leech and dark touch were hitting for the same I don't think so. (If I did, feel free to slap me later)
    I hope they missed something, because if they increased the charge bar's duration by 3 seconds but DECREASED the dmg of charge abilities... it would be nothing more than a slap in our faces...
    Last edited by noche; 07-14-2011 at 10:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread