+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mage Loot is becomming a myth

Default Mage Loot is becomming a myth

I swear it seems like a rarity for Mage loot to drop off ANYTHING.

T2's or Raids... Its ALWAYS F'in Cleric or Warrior gear like 80% of the time. Then I'd say I see Rogue gear about 18 of the last 20%. Its been bad the past few weeks but last night pushed me over the edge.

Did RoS yesterday, cleared the 3 Dark Foci and the first boss. All Warrior gear and 2 of the same Cleric Rings.

We then went to GP and full cleared there... not a single Mage drop. NOT 1!!! Thats 8 encounters, some that drop multiple items, and NOTHING for Mages.

I'll tell yah, its sure been tough being a mage since launch. I think Trion Bs'd us a bit when they put "Devastating long-range combatants, the arcane powers Mages wield can tear through any opponent, regardless of armor." In the defnition of the class.

The loot tables are such that they drop a disproportionate amount of cleric gear, because they have the most possible roles. Not a new problem, people have been complaining about this for months. Warriors actually have as many problems getting geared as mages do. Rogues are somewhere in the middle.

What is new the food fight over dagger drops. I dread being in loot council nowadays and having to decide who gets those. Every warrior and rogue wants them, and they both have equally strong claims to them.

On a happier note, we no longer have to fight with clerics over stave drops.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Azraelll View Post
    "Devastating long-range combatants, the arcane powers Mages wield can tear through any opponent, regardless of armor."
    really? what soul is that?

should be 25% drop rate....not much exp with dungeons....only run 15 dungeons T1....i got the same set of shoes twice (IT both times)....one necklace....all blue

3 out of 60...I stopped and went PvP since...have all purple p3-4 now

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post
    really? what soul is that?

should be 25% drop rate....not much exp with dungeons....only run 15 dungeons T1....i got the same set of shoes twice (IT both times)....one necklace....all blue

3 out of 60...I stopped and went PvP since...have all purple p3-4 now
    And this brings us back to The fact that we need some balance in this game. I think a 25% drop rate for each class seems fair.

Prophet of Telara

RNG is RNG.

Plane Touched

I read the title and for a moment I thought it was:

"Mage Dps is becoming a myth" - I was going to agree on this.

Sez

Our guild.

5 Genesis Pylons.

/thread
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    RNG is RNG.
    She is a fickle mistress. Across RoS and GSB last night, there was one caster item, and a couple healing items. Most everything else was warrior/rogue melee gear. However, Greenscale dropped the caster relic the previous 4 weeks in a row.

In my overall experience, cleric drops are the norm.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Shield of Telara

Mage loot is sadly rare, but in my guild at least we are doing well on relics. We have 1 pylon and 2 alsbeth staffs so far. The rogues are making out like bandits though.

But yeah we've been raiding for a long time now and have had most of the raid content on farm for months and I'm still wearing T2 in most of my slots.

Rift Disciple

RNG is RNG.
    bit but it is a problem atm

today we had 5 of each class in our raid
    5 mages rolling for same gear
    5 rogues rolling for same gear
    2 warrior tanks rolling for same gear
    3 warrior dps rolling for same gear
    2 cleric healers rolling for same gear
    3 cleric dps/support rolling for same gear, partly mage gear because of crit!

each of these rolls (u always have 2 cleric healers while tank classes are optional) requires a own set of gear which i assume drops at a similar rate and chances
    u have more ppl rolling on the same gear for some classes then with other classes especially a problem with cleric loot

while clerics are getting their second and third gear i have problems getting my first

and gp drops are horrible for mages, we cleared it the second week, and ran every week and i can count the mage drops at one hand
    Last edited by Rebellchen; 07-14-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Soulwalker

I've had two really nice epic mage pieces drop in T2s that I was excited to roll on .. in fact they've been the only two useful items to ever drop during my runs ..

both were won by clerics

~sigh~

I have become 50 after 1.3.

I ran over 100+ T2 (never done T1, got my pvp gear first r1-r3). There has been some instance which I wasn't able to kill all bosses and which the group had disbanded. But I can say I have seen over 400+ boss kills in T2. I only got 2 rings, 1 stave and 1 staff. That's about %1 -even less- drop rate, while I fully geared several clerics and rogues with me just by drops. I bought all my T2 gear from plaques.

Now, I've started doing T3 raids with my guild. The problem is -for example- we cleared GP, GSP and 2 bosses at ROS this week. There's only 1 mage drop: T3 Ring and we have 6 mages in group. In T3 dungeons, I've seen 10 cleric drops, 6 rogue drops and some warrior drops, while we mages got only 1 drop. Even if we use DKP, it's impossible to get gear as there's no drops for us.

I really can't understand the logic behind this drop rate. This must have been done by a CLERIC DEV.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentr View Post
    I really can't understand the logic behind this drop rate. This must have been done by a CLERIC DEV.
    Well that may explain where he is, never seems to pop up except for one or 2 posts around patch time.

As mentioned, the issue is that we (clerics) require 3 distinct gear sets in order to perform all our role to its fullest, where as you only have one for all your roles. As a result, either you make it so that each class gets a quarter of the drops (in which case we gear up at 1/3 of the rate you do), or you make it so that each gear set gets the same percent, which makes clerics get three times the number of drops as yourselves.

The same issue also happens with rogues and warriors to a lesser extent, as they have 2 sets each as well (dps and tank).

Unfortunetly, unless they alter the drop mechanics so that the encounter looks at the classes and their gearing before using the rng to get a drop, you will always have this problem.

There is also some comfermation bias involved, so dont get to irritated with it and just relax. People who have drop rates in their favor or on par with others are unlikely to make posts on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Onerios View Post
    Well that may explain where he is, never seems to pop up except for one or 2 posts around patch time.

As mentioned, the issue is that we (clerics) require 3 distinct gear sets in order to perform all our role to its fullest, where as you only have one for all your roles. As a result, either you make it so that each class gets a quarter of the drops (in which case we gear up at 1/3 of the rate you do), or you make it so that each gear set gets the same percent, which makes clerics get three times the number of drops as yourselves.

The same issue also happens with rogues and warriors to a lesser extent, as they have 2 sets each as well (dps and tank).

Unfortunetly, unless they alter the drop mechanics so that the encounter looks at the classes and their gearing before using the rng to get a drop, you will always have this problem.

There is also some comfermation bias involved, so dont get to irritated with it and just relax. People who have drop rates in their favor or on par with others are unlikely to make posts on the forums.
    fix is very simple actually. they can make 1 default set for each class instead of 2-3 sets and make synergy crystal for each role, which will change the stats of the gear for the role accordingly. so, all drop rates for all classes will be same.

it will work like this: the base gear has 1 default stat and each synergy crystal (3 for clerics, 2 for rogues, 2 for warriors) will add to those gear what their roles require.

you can make those synergy crystals buyable from vendors for 1 plaque for all i care.
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-18-2011 at 03:12 AM.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Ascendant

RNG is RNG.
    wieghted rng isnt rng
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast