+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Dom/Chloro

Shadowlander

Default PVP Dom/Chloro

Hey guys,

i see alot of ppl talking about a overpowerd Dom/Chloro spec.

But i just can't find any links to it ;(

Could anyone give me a link please?

THANK YOU!

Nope
    /10000

Plane Touched

warning: playing chlorodom is too complex for the average gamer.

Shadowlander

Im not avarage...

Plane Walker

Ive never played it

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zRo.gsVzbkoRfk

is what I imagine...seems you have to go at least 31 in both....32 only makes sense because of the 32 abilities of both

then the other 2 in something ..PvP archmage?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by IzJoen View Post
    Im not avarage...
    Then it shouldn't really be a problem for you to figure out the spec. You already got 2 of the 3 souls. I bet a PVP person like you could figure out the final one.

Plane Walker

it depends on your playstyle and skill to be honest. I would think it depends on your rank/gear somewhat too. a 32/32ish spec woul be str8 support, your really not throwing out KB or anything cept for SP maybe.

I personally dom/chloro/pyro. Pyro for flicker(same thing as break free and 20 sec CD), and also reduction with hostile stuns/silence. Also you have fireball/Cinderburst, flambolt. Chloro i just spec far enough to get raised in nature etc. depends on you really. I also specced into circle of life/call of spring which works out for me. I can get bloom to crit for 3.5kish depending on what Sigil/trinket im using. But thats about to get nerfed to all hell anyway. I also did this to counter the fact that every WAR you meet now has LW(healing debuff)

~ for more of a damaging spec you could go dom/necro again not my style but aparantly it does good. I played it for a bit, its cool but not enough survivability for me. its a good group spec.

51 dom- again a good group spec, but not really viable unless fighting at choke points with really dumb ppl.

dom/sc- again good group spec. It is somewhat viable if your more of a solo'r like me. it just depends on your target not being immune to CC at the start of your fight. one thing is that it makes SS that much worse for those who like to run around hopping like dummies.

Dom/lock- i never played it personally; dont think its worth it but it prolly works for some people.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy View Post

Dom/lock- i never played it personally; dont think its worth it but it prolly works for some people.

You are missing out.

Plane Walker

Ehh, my main is Chlorolock, i fully understand the joys of lock, i just dont like meshing the style of dom with the style of lock. but again im sure its great and works for those who like it.

lgw

See my sig.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Soulwalker

dom/chlor/pyro was interesting never tried it, I played dom/pyro/am in 1.2 which was very good. You are however sacrificing 15% dmg, is it really worth that much getting some pyro spells? 31/31/4 chlor/dom/am is good and 31 pt in chlor actually gives it better dmg than putting more pts in dom or am tree.. not to mention better and more healing
    Last edited by Ov3rflow; 07-15-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Rift Chaser

The only "overpowered" thing about Dom/Chloro is SP (nerfed in 1.4) and that it doesn't get steamrolled by warriors/rogues like virtually every other mage PVP spec. At least until Transference and TI get nerfed in 1.4.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 07-15-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I think it's awesome how Rift gives support specs a greater success at 1v1.

+ Reply to Thread