+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Chloros still solo-heal dungeons?

Telaran

Default Can Chloros still solo-heal dungeons?

I've not really had the chance to play alot since the big patch, and I don't really want to join a group to figure this out, because it might ruin everyone's fun if I'm wrong.

Can Chloros still soloheal T2 dungeons?

32 chloro / rest archon (I used to be this and had no problems in T2)
    32 chloro / rest WL (Used to be this before I took archon, also no problems)
    51 Chloro (That was a silly spec before, but it's probably the best for raids now)

I know LGV has been changed, and from the numbers i remember, LBV now heals quite a bit less in % than LGV did before. I also heard Nature's Touch had been changed, but no idea by how much. So overall, I'm not sure how the healing for Chloros is nowadays.

Can they still soloheal or are they basicly support and offhealer now?
    Most important for me is 5-man dungeons right now, I know that raids a whole differnet story

Can Chloros solo heal dungeons? Yes.
    Is it more difficult than before? Yes.

Basically, solo healing a tank can be difficult at times, and you'll almost definitely want a 51 chloro for the void life, but it's still very possible. I've only solo healed a T2 about 5 times now as a 51 chloro, but I can handle most instances with no trouble. As long as people aren't being beyond stupid on fights like Scarn, or your tank is just horrible, and severely under-geared, a solo chloro healer can work just fine.

Telaran

So you say Void Life is basicly necessary now for any kind of healing? That kinda stinks, I had hoped that chloro/archon is still a viable spec.

I haven't tried a chloro/archon spec yet, since I'm still trying to get completely used to the 51 chloro healing, but I imagine it's theoretically possible. The added raid bonuses and such from Archon might make healing just that bit easier. However, you'll be running in to a lot of problems keeping the tank topped off because your only effective instant cast healing will be Bloom, and possibly flourish, which have relatively long CDs. nature's touch does great tank healing, but takes forever to cast. Voidlife is useful to fill in those gaps in CDs where the tank will just be soaking up damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaince View Post
    I've not really had the chance to play alot since the big patch, and I don't really want to join a group to figure this out, because it might ruin everyone's fun if I'm wrong.

51 Chloro (That was a silly spec before, but it's probably the best for raids now)

I know LGV has been changed, and from the numbers i remember, LBV now heals quite a bit less in % than LGV did before. I also heard Nature's Touch had been changed, but no idea by how much. So overall, I'm not sure how the healing for Chloros is nowadays.

Most important for me is 5-man dungeons right now, I know that raids a whole differnet story
    Ah man now I'm LOVING my Chloro. It just took me a week or two of getting used to it. Now I'm rocking & Rollin.

I Rolled 51 Chloro/10Lock/5 Ele

Main Tank Heal rotations is simply VoidLife until Opportunity procs and drop a Natures Touch when it does. Bayam done.

Of course Synthesis and Spores always up and Entropic Veil once max Charge is reached. You have Flourish (Raid) and Bloom (Tank) for spot healing. Essence Surge is an awesome "Oh Crap" Button... and Natural Splendor is amazing especailly in AoE intensive encounters, otherwise I use that on C/D. I also try and have Wild Groth up on C/D to help with AoE heals since with Lifebound Veil provides less Raid Heals.

Here's a Parse from the other day in River of Souls @ 1363 HPS.

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/...lenir_7_12.jpg

Honestly I hated it to begin with but once I got used to the changes it really started to get fun.

Shield of Telara

It's really hard if you plan to PUG, or where you can't expect the rest of the group to be overgeared and experienced.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sumuji View Post
    It's really hard if you plan to PUG, or where you can't expect the rest of the group to be overgeared and experienced.
    Oh overgeard is hopefully not a problem, I have GSB/RS stuff and should be ready to raid Hammerknell, I've just not really played since the patch so I didn't really know what to go for with my mage.

As DPS it's easy. Go in a group test it out, if it doesn't work, respec for next time. As healer thats alot more tricky as you can ruin the entire run if you suck.

Thanks all for your answers, helped alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaince View Post

With my eyes shut, yes chloros can easily heal dungeons still.
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Ascendant

If you're still struggling, do not be afraid to ask for some support, either through back-up healing, or CC. Preventing damage is just as important, if not moreso, than healing it.

Ofc, easily.

Soulwalker

from what I have seen yea they can solo heal all t2's. Long-time chloro in my guild has solo healed everything (for t2), and then he taught one of the dps mages how to heal and now he can almost (he still needs some practice) solo heal all of them.

Plane Touched

they can only because void life is very very useful. forget the old way. spam void life and unless theres an aoe mechanic or someone messes up you dont need anything else. its stupid. yes, i like being a chloro, but when you can easily heal with just 1 spammable spell something is wrong. old chloro you at the very least had to hit 2 spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking

+ Reply to Thread