+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mage boycott anybody?

Default Mage boycott anybody?

I was thinking of sitting in warfronts on strike until Trion addresses mages in pve and pvp. I am tired of dealing with sub par numbers from exceptional players. Watching my mages in my guild fall deeper and deeper into depression because every time we see a patch it has words such as this "X soul's skill is being reduced by X amount of damage/duration" I was curious if any other mages wanted to do this as well. Since our community is vastly smaller than the warrior and rogues we have to apply this to in game rather just here on the forums.

Plane Walker

Well as far as pve i dont do it so dont care, PVP ehh its watever, mages have had to adjust almost every patch in pvp

~ What i will boycott is this Gaurdian Cleric DPS propganda thats spreading in my battlegroup. Everytime i PUG and see a DPS cleric im going to put my melee sword on, my melee sigil with DEX/STR and physical crit, and go around attacking ppl with swords.

~ Dont get me wrong, dps clerics are cool when we have heals also, but lately its just been like 4-5 clerics all dps on gaurdian while the defiant have 4-5 clerics on healing and we loose horribly. Only chance we have of winning is havng 3+ good dominators on the team to shut down ppl enough that we could complete any objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy View Post
    Well as far as pve i dont do it so dont care, PVP ehh its watever, mages have had to adjust almost every patch in pvp

~ What i will boycott is this Gaurdian Cleric DPS propganda thats spreading in my battlegroup. Everytime i PUG and see a DPS cleric im going to put my melee sword on, my melee sigil with DEX/STR and physical crit, and go around attacking ppl with swords.

~ Dont get me wrong, dps clerics are cool when we have heals also, but lately its just been like 4-5 clerics all dps on gaurdian while the defiant have 4-5 clerics on healing and we loose horribly. Only chance we have of winning is havng 3+ good dominators on the team to shut down ppl enough that we could complete any objective.
    I think its time to bust out your chloro spec. Get used to it.

Ascendant

No this is an awful idea. I am a mage. It isn't right to hurt other players enjoyment of the game.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I think its time to bust out your chloro spec. Get used to it.
    My main spec is chloro this is for all the mages. I want all mages to have fun. I want to see better synergy with souls. I want to see bugs that mages complain about on a daily basis to be fixed. I want to see mages play different souls other than stormcaller, zoomancer and necro/lock. I want all mages to have a dps spec that doesn't include a pet soul. All of these have been addressed in these forums countless times and have yet to receive an answer or a reason why they are still the way they are.

Plane Walker

Mage boycott anybody?
    honestly, it has made me join a guild so that I will finally do dungeons....(only 15 or so under my belt)
    almost P5 from WF's.....but it keeps getting harder for no reason....and much less fun

I got to the point at p3 where my deaths=KBs....but since it's been back to the death side +2-3

I fear it's only going to get worse...like back to 14 deaths 1 KB when I first started.

So My addictive personality has led me to dungeon,after dungeon, after dungeon....thereby boycotting fronts.

But being that I have an addictive personality....if I leave....I'm gone, because I'll find a new addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    No this is an awful idea. I am a mage. It isn't right to hurt other players enjoyment of the game.
    You are right but most of us mages don't enjoy the game as it stands right now. Why do we have to suffer because of others?

Plane Walker

lol....check the winning side vs losing side of every WF you play to completeion

Keep track of how many times the winning side has fewer Mages.

Should be 50%.....I promise you it's not.

Plane Walker

To think chloro is a good healer in pvp is silly, Yes i can top the charts of healing if i want to but im not going to seriously save anyone at the time they need it, and to really even do that you have to be 51 chloro which means the moment you get focused your dead. Now if im chlorolock yeah i can tank ppl but again your not throwing out that many heals to save ppl, chloro is just a glorified bard in pvp. Sry guys this isnt pve where you know when sumthing is coming and you can be prepared for it.

~ also i dont see a problem with going melee mage; Like i said when i see nothing but dps clerics its not like your gonna win anyway so might as well be just as useless.
    Last edited by Queezy; 07-14-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Ascendant

I don't care what is going on. I don't lose nearly as many WF's as I win and I PUG them all the time. I enjoy my mage. I have a dominator and a chloro spec.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    My main spec is chloro this is for all the mages. I want all mages to have fun. I want to see better synergy with souls. I want to see bugs that mages complain about on a daily basis to be fixed. I want to see mages play different souls other than stormcaller, zoomancer and necro/lock. I want all mages to have a dps spec that doesn't include a pet soul. All of these have been addressed in these forums countless times and have yet to receive an answer or a reason why they are still the way they are.
    Clerics have been through the same thing as well as received nerf after nerf. So its not like a cleric can not be sympathetic. There is like 2-3 worth while build in pvp now.

And with the overabundance of healers in raid content, 2 1/2 worth while raid builds.

Everyone is pigeon holed, and everyone is forced to play a role they do not care to play (i shall point to your idiotic friend that i quoted earlier)

At least, you have a seemingly good class representation. Although they go overboard every patch, they always leave you a spec or two to use in most situations. Ours possibilities are just getting smaller and smaller..

I don't care what is going on. I don't lose nearly as many WF's as I win and I PUG them all the time. I enjoy my mage. I have a dominator and a chloro spec.
    you wont have that soon read PTS forum discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Clerics have been through the same thing as well as received nerf after nerf. So its not like a cleric can not be sympathetic. There is like 2-3 worth while build in pvp now.

And with the overabundance of healers in raid content, 2 1/2 worth while raid builds.

Everyone is pigeon holed, and everyone is forced to play a role they do not care to play (i shall point to your idiotic friend that i quoted earlier)

At least, you have a seemingly good class representation. Although they go overboard every patch, they always leave you a spec or two to use in most situations. Ours possibilities are just getting smaller and smaller..
    Then I hope you clerics will help us get these issues changed as well. I know you guys have dps issues and you have to hybrid souls to make up for a lot of areas such as aoe healing and what not.

Ascendant

Because I'm totally going to spend the time I have playing a game... not playing the game. That sounds like a great allocation of money.

I not there yet but I will say I am becomming more and more frustrated with the state of the Mage.

It sucks to see other classes have the ability to do just about anything in the game and do it very and well... we mages just Heal well and their DPS is okay.

We're defintely getting Sh*t all over and have been since launch. In PvE I heal.. in PvP I heal. Why Trion decided to have so many Soul Builds is beyond me when we cant even use them.

The whole game could be screaming "Nerf the insane Clerics" or whatever and Trio will respond by nerfing the more viable Mage class instead.

This game is getting frustrating and I'm tired of getting hit with the nerf bat and having to completely relearn my mage every time they patch.

I spend more time digging through builds than I do playing the damnm game. its starting to piss me off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast