+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does L2P PVP reference build/spells or playing style?

Plane Walker

Default Does L2P PVP reference build/spells or playing style?

DMG: seems that many builds do dmg, many within ~10% so it's not really that, unless you keep leaving enemies Hearts Pumping while you lay dead.

CC's...well most most CC casts in group play, either the target is immune or the effect is removed almost instantly by target/target's ally/your ally's dmg.

Healing: Not much options in this regard as you have only a few on the run healing spells once someone's on you.

So is the L2P mainly about positioning and knowing when to run?

As a Mage am I supposed to stay about 20-30m's back of front lines and move in between casts circling the healer?

What I mean is L2P...okay...help teach.

1. Pyro: stand behind rock or out of LOS of most of enemy, and pyro down anyone who gets in LOS?
    2. Dom: Blue bar(cast these sets), yellow bar(cast these sets), groups (cast trait and/orMB)....run around and try not to get noticed in between?
    3. SC: stand 10m behind cleric running side to side in between casts and target any cluster. Get electrocute up and spam LF or other AOE
    4. Necro: stand even with cleric but off to the side 15 m, dot lowest armor and send in pet, keep in purge range but never get within 10m of opposing War
    5. Archon: not viable
    6. Warlock: same as necro, but spread dots and stay away from people...only use stun on those attacking healer and silence on Dom attacking healer.

This is simplistic and wrong for the most part....but I just want to know what I'm supposed to do? Run around and try not to be noticed, and just pile on to someone already being attacked by 2-3 of your guys? I can get many KB's....if I just hold out, and "burst" the final 10% of an enemy's HP.

Does L2PVP for a Mage mean...wait for your chaperone and attack who they attack......basically be someone's Fairy pet?

There is not set positioning or spell priority instruction that can be given for PVP.

There is a learning curve to most souls, some are harder to be successful on than others.

L2P means:

1. Learn what abilities your calling has and uses in what specs.
    2. Learn what abilities the other callings' souls have and use.
    3. Using knowledge gained in steps 1 and 2 react to situations around you in PVP.

Your positioning can and should depend on your current situation, you spec, your gear, your group makeup, and the oppositions spec, gear, makeup. Sometimes it's worth the risk to stand in the front line with the warriors, other times you want to lag behind the clerics.

re: wait for your chaperone

Assisting someone on a kill should not undermine your personal performance meter.
    Last edited by Hethroin; 07-14-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post

Your positioning can and should depend on your current situation, you spec, your gear, your group makeup, and the oppositions spec, gear, makeup. Sometimes it's worth the risk to stand in the front line with the warriors, other times you want to lag behind the clerics.
    So if the group has more Yellow players(Rogue) vs Red player(wars) stand near the War...if more Red than yellow, stand near the Cleric? Being that at least one rogue will be a sin and is scared of your War's aoe swings?

Plane Walker

If i Pug; which is like 75% of the time, i usually act out on my mage

Meaning i think im a war tank and will be the first one to charge in while the wars and what not sit back all scared. I hate scared teams so when i get on one i become the war tank or the one leading the charge to an objective. Chlorolock can do this so if that wats your looking for i suggest that spec. The funny thing is i usually do this on dominator also, standing in the back prayin your front line doesnt die and running when they do is just boring pvp to me. If you dont die wats the point of pvp.

also the i would venture to say there is no rotation in PVP. Everything is situation at least for me. I dont just spam my macro and do the same thing everytime i meet somebody. What you do should depend on your own team, the oposing team, and what the current battle situation calls for.
    Last edited by Queezy; 07-14-2011 at 12:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread