+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: Time to Reroll to another class

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default Time to Reroll to another class

    Well, 1.3 was the coffin, 1.4 seems to be the nail, mage class is dead for anything other than a hoby for a masochist.

    More nerfs, and the worst one of all is on the pvp side, where transference was really the only get out jail card we could use against warriors pounding us to death in crit heaven few seconds or rogues stunning us to and then allowing us the last 2 secs of freedom so we can fully appreciate their art of 1 button mashing.

    So its not ok for us to shut down melee for frankly not even 5 seconds in practice, it can so easily be potted out of anyway, but nooooo, mages are designed to be beating class of every other class while Warriors spam their fears, charges and rogues can stun and stun and stun. the class that has the lowest defence must now spec into almost full healing to be able to stand a chance against warriors, rogues..... might aswell go cleric, they do higher dps anyway.

    As for warriors, they fine with the 1.4-1.6k crits in their 30s on instant casts from while spamming aoes.

    Trion has done what blizzard did, made every single class a dps class, except... mages are in far worse shape in Rift than what they are or have ever been in wow.

    Guess its time to reroll to a more enjoyable class or the cancel sub :/

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    i agree... transference was the only way to get out if the rogue had his cleanse soul on cooldown, now its pretty much gimped the dominator only defensive ability.
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 07-14-2011 at 12:34 AM.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Zilvereen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    1,4 is fine. Mages shouldnt be able dps/burst, heal or CC, its preposterous. In fact I think Trion should also remove their cloth armor. Mages should be running around naked attacking things with wooden sticks.
    Last edited by Zilvereen; 07-14-2011 at 12:38 AM.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Nerf wooden sticks nao plskthxbye
    Un@dayblind rogue lulzMM spec

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Murrdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobramac View Post
    Well, 1.3 was the coffin, 1.4 seems to be the nail, mage class is dead for anything other than a hoby for a masochist.

    More nerfs, and the worst one of all is on the pvp side, where transference was really the only get out jail card we could use against warriors pounding us to death in crit heaven few seconds or rogues stunning us to and then allowing us the last 2 secs of freedom so we can fully appreciate their art of 1 button mashing.

    So its not ok for us to shut down melee for frankly not even 5 seconds in practice, it can so easily be potted out of anyway, but nooooo, mages are designed to be beating class of every other class while Warriors spam their fears, charges and rogues can stun and stun and stun. the class that has the lowest defence must now spec into almost full healing to be able to stand a chance against warriors, rogues..... might aswell go cleric, they do higher dps anyway.

    As for warriors, they fine with the 1.4-1.6k crits in their 30s on instant casts from while spamming aoes.

    Trion has done what blizzard did, made every single class a dps class, except... mages are in far worse shape in Rift than what they are or have ever been in wow.

    Guess its time to reroll to a more enjoyable class or the cancel sub :/
    please cancel the sub, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    why do all this noob PvP got all this Icon's on screen?
    it only block vision, it servers nothing.

    like i care if i hit for 500, or 1000, so long they objective is reached, that is kill your enemy.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murrdoc View Post
    please cancel the sub, thanks
    just did.

    you're welcome.

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casus belli View Post
    just did.

    you're welcome.
    Good luck where you land.
    Don't think you are the only one or alone in your thoughts.
    I dropped my sub from 6mos to one month as the first threat.
    The next is latertown if they don't start doing something and continue this **** about warriors are fine.
    I can be fine too - when I give someone else money that doesn't treat the toon I play like a pariah.
    I should get used to saying "used to play".
    Oh ya rift - I used to play that but they got caught up with thinking melee should be able to do everything - left and don't suggest it.

    They keep talking about ascend a friend too - you think I can tell my friends this game is worth getting with the current state of mages. Heck I can't even suggest to them to roll a cleric to heal with their nerfs upcoming too. Why, to tell em to roll a warrior and explain why I got the **** end of the stick class with less dmg and survivability. No TY, don't need public humiliation in addition to anonymous humiliation.
    Last edited by Fernt; 07-14-2011 at 01:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    No desire to reroll. I put in a lot of effort in the mage. If 1.4 comes up short...it may be time to move on to some other game. Starting over fresh with a different class, grinding out all the rep and experts and whatnot....yuck. The time for easy rerolling is well past for me. I do not have a Hammerknell ready alt, not could I produce one in short order.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Carondimonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobramac View Post
    Guess its time to reroll to a more enjoyable class or the cancel sub :/
    Obviously. The question is Rogue or Warrior?

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carondimonio View Post
    Obviously. The question is Rogue or Warrior?
    warrior.

    they can dis damage like a mage wearing shield, and use Duelwield specs to boots up those DPS
    with, mix it with path of the Hurricane + champion Lingering wounds, you can debuff whole groups with -healing. and by god even have the ability to pull people towards you.

    Mage's who needs them?

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Carondimonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    warrior.

    they can dis damage like a mage wearing shield, and use Duelwield specs to boots up those DPS
    with, mix it with path of the Hurricane + champion Lingering wounds, you can debuff whole groups with -healing. and by god even have the ability to pull people towards you.

    Mage's who needs them?
    ****, i was leveling a rogue (34), time to re-re-roll.
    Last edited by Carondimonio; 07-14-2011 at 02:12 AM.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carondimonio View Post
    ****, i was leveling a rogue (34), time to re-re-roll.
    Rogues can Stunlock kill people.
    like being 1 shot, but then being stuned.

    so it's good to

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Lol for all this whining. My cloro/lock is as good as ever (nerf to bloom? lol), if anything better than ever as his heals (lifegiving veil) were not nerfed while clerics were. And with warden nerfed, there will be less warriors with pocket healers -> less burst -> more power to cloro. Gl rolling on warrior without healer.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default

    I do not want to reroll another class.

    I just want to play a Mage.

    But when will we get one in this game?

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Lol for all this whining. My cloro/lock is as good as ever (nerf to bloom? lol), if anything better than ever as his heals (lifegiving veil) were not nerfed while clerics were. And with warden nerfed, there will be less warriors with pocket healers -> less burst -> more power to cloro. Gl rolling on warrior without healer.
    whats the next fairy tale? i love made-up drivel!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts