+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: End of 1.3 State of Mage DPS as Told by a Parse

Default End of 1.3 State of Mage DPS as Told by a Parse

Note: To view a formatted and updated version of this please view it on http://bluedots.org/2011/07/14/end-o...ld-by-a-parse/

Hello everyone, today I would like to cover the state of mages as we close out patch 1.3.

To do that I am going to use a parse from one of my guilds raids.

To set the premise we are progression raiding guild, if they are in our raid you can usually assume they are top notch players.

All the specs I used are written up in the End Game PvE Mage Guide.

Here is the parse (Note: It is formatted HTML, not a downloaded file):

http://bluedots.org/2011/07/14/end-o...ld-by-a-parse/

For the sake of bandwidth I did not upload graphs or trash and Dark Foci.
    • On Warmaster I was one of the points of the triangle but otherwise on the boss full time. I got feared once, but it was dispelled quickly. I did not get my essence stolen. I was Pyro/Ele.
    • On Herald I was full time on the boss and did no AoE (Well ok I cast Burning Ground once). I was the highest Single Target, anyone above me was AoEing. I was Pyro/Ele.
    • On Plutonus I was handling Crystals so I had very little uptime in the 2nd half. I was Pyro/Ele.
    • Alsbeth is not a very good parse as I forgot to redirect Soulstone Annihilation and I died right after we entered the 2nd phase. I was also handling the Crystals in the first phase. I was top DPS in the first phase. I was SC/Ele.
    • Duke I was on the boss the whole time. I was Pyro/Ele.
    • Johlen was very Johlen-like. I was Pyro/Ele.
    • Oracle I did not get Necrotic Energy so I had very high uptime. I was Pyro/Ele.
    • Hylas (does not including the 2nd phase)was pretty standard. I was Pyro/Ele.
    • Lord Greenscale I was on Noxious Bracken and Sentient Spores in the final phases. I was Pyro/Ele.
    • I was never out of the top 5 (Except when I was handling a specific mechanics that directly effected my DPS, or on Herald when I was specifically only single target), and I was the highest on 2 fights. When I was beaten on DPS you'll notice that I was not consistently beaten by the same person or even the same class.

I am a little disappointed as I usually am 1st or 2nd on Alsbeth and LGS because of Stormcaller's AoE, but that is just the way it goes.

Instead of interjecting my opinion I will just leave it at this. Look at the parse, understand this is a small sample size, but form your own opinion based on what you see.

Prophet of Telara

Confirms what I've been saying for a while now: Pyro/ele maxxes out around 1700 single target. I'd like to see this improved.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 07-13-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Confirms what I've been saying for a while now: Pyro/ele maxxes out around 1700 single target. I'd like to see this improved.
    Understatement of the year.

Why do I see shocking cipher on some of the top dps' breakdowns on Plutonus? I was like wtf 2300 dps but it's like 200 cipher
    Last edited by Deistik; 07-13-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Shadowlander

(04:08) Warmaster Galenir: Burtn | 1610

friend had pluto w/o cipher: 1653

I have half raid gear and no relic. I say I'm doing pretty good.
    BurtneySpurs - Mage
    < Affinity >
    5/5 GSB - 4/4 RoS - 4/4 GP - 3/10 HK

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    Why do I see shocking cipher on some of the top dps' breakdowns on Plutonus? I was like wtf 2300 dps but it's like 200 cipher
    Yeah all my Ability Redirects got wiped at some point. You'll have to manually remove Shocking Cipher.

So, These parses prove your statement of being a Top 3 DPS in a Top 20 guild?

I gotta tell you, your guilds DPS looks NO WHERE near Top 20.
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

aux

Hay gise, check out this Xerxes book
    I'm so BORED

Rift Disciple

well it prove's his point that melees are just way ahead on plutonus a fight that is perfect for them, while mages are fine at all others or even ahead in aoe

an because everyone uses plutonus fights most ppl cry and dont see that mage can get their dps in every fight will melee dps can drop heavily

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    So, These parses prove your statement of being a Top 3 DPS in a Top 20 guild?

I gotta tell you, your guilds DPS looks NO WHERE near Top 20.
    We got Conqueror of River of Souls world 17th (Only based on discoveries so it is possibly inaccurate). Since no one has established a real form of ranking guilds I try to be careful about claiming to be "World Xth".

I would love parses from World 20 guilds. I'll even host them on my site for you. I'll even show you how to export your ACT to a nifty HTML document. I'll show you how to import log files from past raids. I'll even get down on my knees and beg you for a log from a top 20 guild if thats what it takes.

I'd do a lot of things to get people to stop talking about parses or logs that no one has seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellchen View Post
    well it prove's his point that melees are just way ahead on plutonus a fight that is perfect for them, while mages are fine at all others or even ahead in aoe

an because everyone uses plutonus fights most ppl cry and dont see that mage can get their dps in every fight will melee dps can drop heavily
    No, It proves his guilds melees are bad/have responsibilities on certain fights.
    nuff said.
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Hay gise, check out this Xerxes book
    Yeah it almost pays the server costs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    I'd do a lot of things to get people to stop talking about parses or logs that no one has seen.
    Fires of Heaven is probably the closest thing to a Top 20 that posts on these forums/shares parses.

Travs parses clearly show FoHs melees roflstomping yours

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    Fires of Heaven is probably the closest thing to a Top 20 that posts on these forums/shares parses.

Travs parses clearly show FoHs melees roflstomping yours
    Well I expect FoH to beat me, they killed Alsbeth 8 weeks or so before us and have had that much time to get that much more gear. Keep in mind Melee's DPS is effected MASSIVELY by their weapon. Duel Relic weapons in the hands of a warrior should devastate anyone's DPS. Keep in mind a Warrior will ONLY get that kind of weapons AFTER the guild is finished with content.

And do you have links? I can't seem to find them but they might be in a private forum or something.

Also the point of this wasn't to start a bragging match. I just want to get actual parses out there so people can use real numbers when talking about stuff. I will probably start doing this for every raid.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Well I expect FoH to beat me, they killed Alsbeth 8 weeks or so before us and have had that much time to get that much more gear. Keep in mind Melee's DPS is effected MASSIVELY by their weapon. Duel Relic weapons in the hands of a warrior should devastate anyone's DPS. Keep in mind a Warrior will ONLY get that kind of weapons AFTER the guild is finished with content.
    So you're saying that melee DPS has a higher DPS cap than mages? Because that's what everyone's been saying.

Proc chance changes should bring the dual wielders down a notch, though. Let's see what that does.
    I'm so BORED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast