+ Reply to Thread

Thread: before you cry over 1.4 dom changes, try this

Default before you cry over 1.4 dom changes, try this

ask a friendly warrior to spec into void knight + what ever other souls he wishes, as few or as much points as he wants, but ensure you explain to him why.

duel him.

the goal is not to kill eachother, but to see who drains the most energy/mana the quickest.

do this on the live servers, and on the PTS.

realise that your energy drain is OP, and even after its nerfed, it will still be far superior to VK mana drains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    ask a friendly warrior to spec into void knight + what ever other souls he wishes, as few or as much points as he wants, but ensure you explain to him why.

duel him.

the goal is not to kill eachother, but to see who drains the most energy/mana the quickest.

realise that your energy drain is OP, and even after its nerfed, it will still be far superior to VK mana drains.

so if the goal is who can keep someone CC'd the longest and I squirrel him....I'm OP in that too?

how about this...we duel , both with our MAX dps builds...who wins buddy?

is the winner of that contest OP'd?

great, then NERF the hell out of that DPS

Plane Walker

Apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post
    so if the goal is who can keep someone CC'd the longest and I squirrel him....I'm OP in that too?

how about this...we duel , both with our MAX dps builds...who wins buddy?

is the winner of that contest OP'd?

great, then NERF the hell out of that DPS
    if your max dps build included dominator, my money would be on the mage.
    warrior dps isnt very high when you are out of energy after 2 off GCD abilities.

so we should be nerfing mage dps more in 1.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

duel him.

LOL. Watch a smart VK self purge then proceed to **** the Dom. Pro Tip grab a 2 hand and watch Dev Blow eat massive amounts of mana. Not quite sure you have a clue what you're talking about. All Dom drains are dispellable VK's aren't.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

the fact that trion is nerfing our "ONE" viable pvp spec is ****ing ridiculous

i hope to god these changes dont hit live or its sub over tiem

Plane Walker

First your logic is just dumb, sry but it really is.

Second Im not exactly suprised at the nerf since i knew it was coming with all the crybaby threads. My problem is the fact the Dominator and its effectiveness is ALL based on the stupidity of the oponent. EVERY SPELL but one. In a 1v1 situation yeah i could understand the nerfs but the fact of the matter is PVP isnt about 1v1. I have many account where i have killed 2xwar + cleric or war+cleric+rogue solo. Squirrel the war, tranference the rogue, SP the cleric + TI. Of course they would proceed to say im a fail mage playing an OP Flavor of the month spec. But mind you not once did they cleric cleanse squirrel off the war, cleanse TI off himself, he ran around jumping up and down spamming hots and instants. So now i ask you is the fact that i beat them my fault?

-should the soul i chose to play at the time OP because of that and deserved a nerf? Again i knew it was coming and i feel it was somewhat warranted, only thing i dont like is transference changes.

~ The simple fact is that the good mages will adjust and still wreck ppl with the spec simply because nerfing a class wont make ppl smarter. And what will happen later on; they will nerf it til its unusable. Same thing happened with Pyro and it will happen with this. This is how they handle balance; and its a very bad start. Whoever cries the loudest will get what they want that is all.

Rift Master

can he like give me his plate armor too during this match - since we are even and all

ill take the health bonuses too - dont see those in my dom

the -10% physical dmg ill take along with the -20% magical dmg - i have no tree in any soul to match that kind of protection

that 5% armor buff i could really use too with my plate that you let me wear - stupid mage specs only let me have more armor if i don't take a dmg buff armor or my sexy heals for 12 on hit armor (mentioned more below)

mmmm magic immunity everytime i use a skill on a 15s cd that is instant - ok ill take it since you asked nicely

that rift summon i get in reverse right, throw a target 20m away from me when we play this game

this will all go along great with my 6% health heal on pact gains - sure beats that 12 or so healing i get off warlock armor - i mean i have 6k health even as a mage w/out all my new warrior buffs - will i hit 10k or what - should take my heal from 12 to 360-600

ill take the pacts too - this whole charge thing keeps dropping when i leave combat - nuisance

you just make these suggestions to the devs to keep it all even like for all involved and i think we can all be real happy you broke this down for us - thanks for believing that both mana draining classes need competitive skills - you cool warrior you
    Last edited by Fernt; 07-13-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Ascendant

how the hell this is a fair test as he will be able to regain his full energy bar in three seconds after the drain ends?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

looking forward to the changes tbh
    dom is already a massive soul if used right
    its really hilarious watching someone try and bunnyhop or kite with storm shackle and a couple other lil tricks on them
    who took my names!

Rift Disciple

51 Dom / 15 Chloro -assuming all are P6- is over the top. Not only do the shades need a nurf, the entire build needs to be in line with other mage PvP combos.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrush View Post
    51 Dom / 15 Chloro -assuming all are P6- is over the top. Not only do the shades need a nurf, the entire build needs to be in line with other mage PvP combos.
    Then we buff the entire mage pvp combos to be in line with other callings, and it be fair, great idea!

Rift Chaser

a VK in pvp will not be a pure VK, he will also be able to auto attack you to death or 2 shot you with 1 charge, a domi can drain mana better, has zero damage, relies on opponent's mistakes
    and his CC's mostly hit immunities.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy View Post
    First your logic is just dumb, sry but it really is.

Second Im not exactly suprised at the nerf since i knew it was coming with all the crybaby threads. My problem is the fact the Dominator and its effectiveness is ALL based on the stupidity of the oponent. EVERY SPELL but one. In a 1v1 situation yeah i could understand the nerfs but the fact of the matter is PVP isnt about 1v1. I have many account where i have killed 2xwar + cleric or war+cleric+rogue solo. Squirrel the war, tranference the rogue, SP the cleric + TI. Of course they would proceed to say im a fail mage playing an OP Flavor of the month spec. But mind you not once did they cleric cleanse squirrel off the war, cleanse TI off himself, he ran around jumping up and down spamming hots and instants. So now i ask you is the fact that i beat them my fault?

-should the soul i chose to play at the time OP because of that and deserved a nerf? Again i knew it was coming and i feel it was somewhat warranted, only thing i dont like is transference changes.

~ The simple fact is that the good mages will adjust and still wreck ppl with the spec simply because nerfing a class wont make ppl smarter. And what will happen later on; they will nerf it til its unusable. Same thing happened with Pyro and it will happen with this. This is how they handle balance; and its a very bad start. Whoever cries the loudest will get what they want that is all.

Queezy from Dayblind?

Plane Walker

Default yah

Im sure im the only Queezy on the game ... Ive yet to see anyone on any mmo with my name its mah E-thug name yo lol.

+ Reply to Thread