+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ROFL, anyone try out Lightning Burst?

Default ROFL, anyone try out Lightning Burst?

.....Trion... you silly silly Devs
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Telaran

Explain? does it hit hard or something?

Shield of Telara

What's it's cast time?

Assuming it's 1.5 or less, it has to hit pretty damn hard single target to not only make LB->TB->TB->TB better than CB->CB->CB->TB, but also to make up for the loss of IE & Tempest.

AE it's got to be pretty impressive to do more damage than a single Lightning Field on a fully electrified group.

2.0 second cast, and it does aoe damage...

I'll let ya guys test it...but yea.. you'll laugh..

Shield of Telara

Give us some numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    Give us some numbers.
    I honestly don't want to, I don't want it to be nerfed before live ;o)
    I wanna gut some warriors with it for a patch cycle to 1.5

Telaran

Just tell us

Well overall a useless post then
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

With 51 SC I was critting for 4.3k with LB in full relic gear (1605 unbuffed SP)

Considering its 2 sec cast and the fact that it shears all your elec... it's good, we'll see if it can be put into a real rotation.

It *WILL* have to have some sort of PvP only dmg change however, this has 1 shot potential
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

i was using 51sc
    i had 3 stacks up, ice shear up, then cast lightning burst. damage on it is good, but here's the catch... you have to rebuild your stacks. i can keep up the ice shear buff before i strip it with LB, and it helps your TB's dps while you restack. when i compared the 3 TBs and one LB and checked the DPCT against a strait up CB spam, the TB/LS rotation came out to be 8 dps more. this was figured using a 50% chance to crit. so is it better? if you're stationary, sure, take the extra dps. is it life changing and worth going heavy into SC? nah.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Rift Disciple

With my stats only 2sp off my live character, 1239sp, 800 crit, with 3 electrified, static flux up, and ice shear up, I was hitting for 3500, and critting for 4800. Pretty nice.

I just did a 44/22 sc/lock for the 4% damage and 5% crit/opportunity and increased charge, I'm not sure what else you would use to augment 44sc but 51 pt SC doesn't seem to overcome the warlock augmentation in straight dps parses. But I could be wrong but I digress, fun stuff. I hope someone can come up with a good rotation and spec soon to maximize the damage.
    Last edited by Nickoli; 07-13-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    With my stats only 2sp off my live character, 1239sp, 800 crit, with 3 electrified, static flux up, and ice shear up, I was hitting for 3500, and critting for 4800. Pretty nice.

I just did a 44/22 sc/lock for the 4% damage and 5% crit/opportunity and increased charge, I'm not sure what else you would use to augment 44sc but 51 pt SC doesn't seem to overcome the warlock augmentation in straight dps parses. But I could be wrong but I digress, fun stuff. I hope someone can come up with a good rotation and spec soon to maximize the damage.
    With 1600 unbuffed SP I was hitting LB for 3k non crit

I wasn't using SF but something tells me SF isn't going to be 500 more non crit dmg with 375 less SP
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Lets put it this way, it hits harder then my Fulminate did prepatch against the practice dummy..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post

12archon/10lock/44sc

(at least you never run oom, and the extra stats from pillaging stone are nice)
    IraLee
    Molinar :+:Guardian:+:Threshold Guild

1553 SP, 1195 SC Unbuffed, No proc effects

3xElec+IS = 2843 Reg, 4305 Crit
    3xElec+IS+SF = 3413 Reg, 5132 Crit

[edit] Tried BS a little, not a single micro-crit
    Last edited by DeadlySight; 07-13-2011 at 09:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast