+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.4 Changes

Plane Walker

Default 1.4 Changes

I vote we change how storm caller works entirely, the rotation is absurdly difficult to compete with rogues clerics and warriors. Who easily still top mage dps.

Why does storm caller have to rely on two different sources of damage when no other calling does, Warlock Death damage, Necro Death damage, Pyro fire damage, Storm caller properly time two elements hypothermia and electrify.

So basically we have to do more work and still can't even compete why not change some things around like WoW does when players are unhappy with rotations.

Shield of Telara

I like it being complex, but it should be more competitive. This new nuke may make the rotation even more complex which would be awesome. But it needs a buff. They could make the whole thing even more complex by greatly increasing the damage bonus spells get from hypo for starters to make us need to keep hypo up.

Shadowlander

i play BS SC because its hard... i like it... i dont want a 1 button class or i would be a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakh View Post
    i play BS SC because its hard... i like it... i dont want a 1 button class or i would be a rogue.
    your most likely in the minority then..

im fine with having a somewhat complex rotation., however im not okay with 1 button rogues/warriors doing upwards of 500+ dps because there class is better

Building Storm
    Instant, not affected by the GCD
    Cooldown: 20 seconds

Increases the critical hit damage bonus of the Mage’s hypothermia causing spells by 100%. Each damaging spell cast applies a stacking buff on the Mage, increasing the chance for the next Hypothermia causing spell to crit by 10% for each stack. This affect ends after 20 seconds, or when the mage casts a hypothermia causing spell.

Oh, look. I just made the Building Storm twice as easy without changing anything! Now casual mages can keep up with casual macro-mashing rogues and warriors, and rotation-practicing mages can have a bit less tunnel-vision!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    I like it being complex, but it should be more competitive. This new nuke may make the rotation even more complex which would be awesome. But it needs a buff. They could make the whole thing even more complex by greatly increasing the damage bonus spells get from hypo for starters to make us need to keep hypo up.
    Yup fun working 5 times are hard to do less DPS.

Reminds me of the Shaman in WoW. They jumped through 50 hoops to do way less damage than most any other toon in WoW. Some found it fun. Of course Raids didn't.

Don't make every class 1 button. But don't kill 1 class making to so hard to keep up buffs that they do craptastic DPS because of it.

+ Reply to Thread