+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about the new chloro

Plane Touched

Default Question about the new chloro

I've read a lot on the forums about the new chloro spec. Some qq some honest assessment. Personally, I just need some advice.

I have a mage who used to main solo heal all the t2 dungeons without too much trouble before 1.3. Some bosses needed support heals but all in all it was a very doable thing. I would use the usual synth/veil/nature's touch/bloom/floursih/essence surge.

I decided to make a cleric and level him to 50 and I pretty much left my mage alone for the duration of my cleric's leveling. Last night I hop on the mage and decide I can main heal T2. Needless to say I failed pretty hard lol. I threw everything I had. I used synth and was throwing nature's touch/bloom/flourish/essence surge/etc. All the same things I used to use.

I did not have enough heals. I'm not sure if the mechanics of chloro changed or not but I couldn't keep the tank up. The fight was the first boss of DSM. There was no AOE and he was the only one taking damage. We wiped it twice before I admitted that I couldn't heal him and we quit.

So I guess my question is, are mages meant to main solo heal? If so, am I using the correct rotation? Is there some new technique that's necessary? Not a qq, just wondering if I'm supposed to be able to do this.

I'm 51 chloro/15 lock.

Thank you for your suggestions and help

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    I've read a lot on the forums about the new chloro spec. Some qq some honest assessment. Personally, I just need some advice.

I have a mage who used to main solo heal all the t2 dungeons without too much trouble before 1.3. Some bosses needed support heals but all in all it was a very doable thing. I would use the usual synth/veil/nature's touch/bloom/floursih/essence surge.

I decided to make a cleric and level him to 50 and I pretty much left my mage alone for the duration of my cleric's leveling. Last night I hop on the mage and decide I can main heal T2. Needless to say I failed pretty hard lol. I threw everything I had. I used synth and was throwing nature's touch/bloom/flourish/essence surge/etc. All the same things I used to use.

I did not have enough heals. I'm not sure if the mechanics of chloro changed or not but I couldn't keep the tank up. The fight was the first boss of DSM. There was no AOE and he was the only one taking damage. We wiped it twice before I admitted that I couldn't heal him and we quit.

So I guess my question is, are mages meant to main solo heal? If so, am I using the correct rotation? Is there some new technique that's necessary? Not a qq, just wondering if I'm supposed to be able to do this.

I'm 51 chloro/15 lock.

Thank you for your suggestions and help
    Are you using the new Void Life as your main heal? What rotation were you using? Nature's Touch/Void Life/Void Life should be all that's required with a Bloom thrown in if necessary. Some people even get by with ignoring Nature's Touch completely and spamming Void Life. Also make sure you're not casting Synth and then Lifegiving Veil like you would pre-patch, as Synth applies the new Lifebloom Veil which is required for tank heals then Lifegiving Veil would remove Synth and turn you into a support heal instead of main heal.

Plane Touched

I'm not really using void life at all. I read that a couple of places. That you need to spam it to keep the tank up. I'm gonna give that a shot. Thank you for your response

Shadowlander

well u need 2 learn more :P took me some time 2 get handling of the new chloro and i love it .

u can heal whole T2 using insta heal just as "oh ****t button" focusing on dps . my toration is :

radiant spores > ruin > spam void life

when opportunity procs > natures touch / natures fury

when need huge amoutns of aoe healing > natures splendor

when fighting lots of ads (last boss in CC for example) > corrosion

doing daily T2 witch no prob as main heler and loving it , especialy huge number pops when i charge into group of trash witch corrosion on

Plane Touched

Cool i give that a shot too. Thank you for the response. Tank might have been a bit squishy too. He was gettin 2.5 shot by the 1st boss in DSM.

+ Reply to Thread