+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nerf to Bloom and Essence Surge in pvp?

Rift Disciple

Default Nerf to Bloom and Essence Surge in pvp?

This proves that a dev has never played a chloromancer in pvp, you get charged by a a warrior or anything else for that matter in pvp and your almost insta dead even after using Essence Surge and Bloom, and it gives little help to chloromancer/x on a 10 sec cooldown most of the time healing 1k something i mean seriously what the hell was the reason to nerf that? Just to make clerics feel abit better?

Plane Touched

i agree... everytime parachamp jumps on me and start his chain of 2k 1k 1k crits those heals barely help.

Prophet of Telara

It was my opinion that chloros in pvp didn't get a whole lot of value beyond 16pts in terms of healing effectiveness in pvp. This patch pretty much kills the 1 strong pvp heal chloros can rely on for saving people.

Rift Disciple

chloro is extremely worthless atm in 1.3. In 1.4, it should just be deleted as a PVP option.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Caution View Post
    This proves that a dev has never played a chloromancer in pvp, you get charged by a a warrior or anything else for that matter in pvp and your almost insta dead even after using Essence Surge and Bloom, and it gives little help to chloromancer/x on a 10 sec cooldown most of the time healing 1k something i mean seriously what the hell was the reason to nerf that? Just to make clerics feel abit better?

don't people have healing debuffs (50% or more reduced healing)...so what's bloom going to hit for in battle....100 hp?....I'll be sure to put 15 pts into a soul to get that

Rift Master

Big surprise, you didn't see warrior heals get nerfed didja?
    They've got a "heal to full health" that isn't being touched because "cough" warriors are "fine" but when YOU that stankin' chloro heals to full something is definitely worth nerfing amirite.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/321851503/Touch-of-Life

The favoritism is not even masked. Not one rogue or warrior heal or proc mentioned. They act like mages and clerics are the only ones that have any heals at all. They are conveniently ignoring any heals that don't come from two particular classes. That's what bugs me - if it's a problem with "healing" that's one thing but see the truth is it's a problem when "a mage heals" or a "cleric heals" then we have a little something called picking and choosing who to pick on. It's not about "healing" at all - it's about nerfing clerics and tossing mages in to make it look natural because we keep taking it and ask for more. The reason no one elses healing got nerfed it because "healing" isn't the problem for any class but these two. Yeah right.

Class Changes
    Addressing issues with healing in PVP focusing on instant and passive healing, reducing the effectiveness of healing for targets involved in PVP combat. This should help with a number of issues related to general Cleric survivability and effectiveness. These changes only affect active PVP combat, they have no impact on normal PVE gameplay.

* Chloromancer: Reduced the healing effectiveness of Bloom and Essence Surge when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Druid: Reduced the effectiveness of Balm of the Woods when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Justicar: Reduced the healing effectiveness of Doctrine of Loyalty, Doctrine of Bliss, Doctrine of Righteousness, Reparation, Reprieve, and Salvation when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Necromancer: Reduced the healing effectiveness of Soul Purge when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Purifier: Reduced the healing effectiveness of Healing Blessing, Healing Flare, and Latent Blaze when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Sentinel: Reduced the healing effectiveness of Healing Breath, Marked by the Light, and Vigilance when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Shaman: Reduced the effectiveness of Glory of the Chosen when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Warden: Reduced the effectiveness of Healing Spray, Orbs of the Stream, Orbs of the Tide, and Soothing Stream when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Dominator: Reduced the damage of Split Personality's Void Bolts in PvP combat.
    Last edited by Fernt; 07-13-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Plane Walker

Yeah not to happy with that; i have been loving the new Bloom changes recently with the 3.5kish Crit blooms, i just hope to god its not super nerfed but knowing them it will be.
    Last edited by Queezy; 07-13-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post
    Big surprise, you didn't see warrior heals get nerfed didja?
    They've got a "heal to full health" that isn't being touched because "cough" warriors are "fine" but when YOU that stankin' chloro heals to full something is definitely worth nerfing amirite.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/321851503/Touch-of-Life

The favoritism is not even masked. Not one rogue or warrior heal or proc mentioned. They act like mages and clerics are the only ones that have any heals at all. They are conveniently ignoring any heals that don't come from two particular classes. That's what bugs me - if it's a problem with "healing" that's one thing but see the truth is it's a problem when "a mage heals" or a "cleric heals" then we have a little something called picking and choosing who to pick on. It's not about "healing" at all - it's about nerfing clerics and tossing mages in to make it look natural because we keep taking it and ask for more. The reason no one elses healing got nerfed it because "healing" isn't the problem for any class but these two. Yeah right.
    Essence surge has a 2 minute cooldown, Touch of Life has a 10 minute cooldown. There's a difference here. Not to mention it's the ONLY heal the warrior class has that isn't a life drain, and those are extremely minimal.
    Last edited by tordana; 07-13-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    Essence surge has a 2 minute cooldown, Touch of Life has a 10 minute cooldown. There's a difference here. Not to mention it's the ONLY heal the warrior class has that isn't a life drain, and those are extremely minimal.
    I don't give a crap if it's on a 100 minute cd, a full HEAL is a full HEAL. Hell, one might argue that the warrior has more health therefore their HEAL is even better than the mage heal. The fact that they mitigate more physical damage means that they don't NEED to heal as often anyway.

If you nerf 2 classes heals then leave the other 2 alone it was never about the HEALING at all - it was about nerfing those 2 classes and it's clear as day. That's the ******** you are believing - it's not about nerfing healing or it would hit EVERY healing skill across the board.

Is it going to be fair that the warlock self heal could end up healing for more than the chloro self heal - heck no it's not fair. If you want to cut healing you cut it for EVERYONE not just certain healers. Anything else reeks of bias. Period.
    Last edited by Fernt; 07-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Plane Touched

Not happy with that at all.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post

If you nerf 2 classes heals then leave the other 2 alone it was never about the HEALING at all - it was about nerfing those 2 classes and it's clear as day. That's the ******** you are believing - it's not about nerfing healing or it would hit EVERY healing skill across the board.

This is absolutely FALSE!

BARD
    * Coda of Restoration: Attack Power contribution to healing is now increased with more Combo Points spent when using this ability.
    they didn't leave the other alone, they made it better

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post
    This is absolutely FALSE!

they didn't leave the other alone, they made it better
    ROFL
    I have my mouth open just staring at this screen after it told me msg too short.
    I'm closing my mouth now. Ok I rolled my eyes. I think that episode is over.
    Nope there was another eye roll. Ok, still computing - computing - overloaddddddddddddd.
    ANNNNNNNNNNNNND post!

Telaran

is chloro even worth speccing into after this? The nerf to bloom really hits hard, i use it all the time!

Atm I'm loving chlorolock, but a nerf to Bloom and ES isn't something I saw coming.
    Bloom is like the only real heal we can do to keep someone up (or atleast trying to) when he/she gets jumped/bursted, or when we 1v1 an "immune" rogue (where SL and/or ES are easely used aswell), and lets not forget Lingering Wounds being all over the place.

Bloom gives me a nice 3.5k healing if it crits, but that's rare due to LW being on almost anyone that needs a Bloom.

I'm just hoping the nerf to both Bloom and ES won't be a huge one.
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

I hope this will get reverted if it's bigger than 15%. We won't have any survivability otherwise. Bloom is the thing keeping us alive now that cc is useless and tranference has been nerfed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast