+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 pt warlock for PvP and PvE: spec help

Rift Disciple

Default 51 pt warlock for PvP and PvE: spec help

Ok so reading the forums I have found that 51 points in warlock seems to actually be viable (for which I am grateful because Pyromancer and Warlock were the two specs out of all rift callings/roles that I was most drawn to).

I was looking at for pvp:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0M0c.eeRAkqqek for late-game pvp when I have the ranks to get that much into Archmage
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z0vw.x.eeRAkqqek.xkc for early pvp (cant seem to balance out whether having a buffed necrosis is btter for early pvp or having Priest's Lament putting those 10 into Dom instead of Necro)

For PvE I was looking at:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...c.eeRAkqqek.Vz

Any feedback on the 51 point warlock builds?

Ascendant

51 warlock is absolutely terrible in pve

Rift Master

Yeah it's pretty horrible in PvE.
    Rank 4 PVP build is what I use, it's fine, use Archon as 0 point soul though.

For lower rank PVP I would take 10 in Chloro for the Bloom, or 10 in Ele for the DR+crit, or 10 in Dom for Deny and Int.

aye i would be looking at getting warlock and pve idea out of mind =)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Rank 4 PVP build is what I use, it's fine, use Archon as 0 point soul though.
    Is that just for the endurance buff from searing vitality?

Also, if its so horrible for PvE what is a better PvE spec then that doesn't revolve around pets for warlock? I have played MMOs for many years since the early days of EQ and I have to say I cant stand pet classes, things bug or don't listen or just die more often than not for me (maybe bad luck?) But I cannot stand to have a pet class/soul.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dkrewe View Post
    Is that just for the endurance buff from searing vitality?

Also, if its so horrible for PvE what is a better PvE spec then that doesn't revolve around pets for warlock? I have played MMOs for many years since the early days of EQ and I have to say I cant stand pet classes, things bug or don't listen or just die more often than not for me (maybe bad luck?) But I cannot stand to have a pet class/soul.
    pillaging stone is quite good to use with opportunity. also, you can pre-cast 5x pillaging stone & searing vitality before you enter the warfront. I usually use the practice dummies in sanctum for this.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    aye i would be looking at getting warlock and pve idea out of mind =)
    Any other specs that do not need a pet that can do good dps in pve then?

+ Reply to Thread