+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Warlock-Elementalist-Chloromancer scale well in later levels?

Champion of Telara

Default Does Warlock-Elementalist-Chloromancer scale well in later levels?

I've been using this as a basic all-around spec and have found it very effective up to my current level, 29. Right now I seem to do great spam damage with Crystalline Missiles plus Velocity with boosted Lightning Strike and Opportunity from Warlock as my bursty damage. I have the whole Tier 2 in Cholor and use the insta heal for survivability plus Vile Spores spam when my group needs some extra healing.

I use a macro with Lightning , the Insta DoT from lock, and ruin as an opener and also as a moving spam macro (waiting for opportunity to kick off light ing strike). And I have a second one that is Crystalline Missiles and Ice Carapce.

I figured on going around 18 each in Chloro (for passive healing, root immunity, insta heal, and endurance buff) and Elem (plus crit, boosted missiles and lightning strike, damage mitigation) and then going straight up the tree on Warlock passives for damage.

Anyone have any tips for this spec? I really, really like the combination of good damage, survivability, and minor healing utility. It fits my play style well.

Shadowlander

On whim, I started leveling a chlorolock. He had Elem until about L15 and switched that to Archon. So, now he's going down the Chlorolock road and taking on just about anything. It's kind of like playing a WoW affliction warlock. Questing and running instances as support are just about the same. I put Radiant Spores on the mob and open with pillaging stone, then put put up the searing vitality/dark touch dots and cast a ruin, vile spores macro until dead. It works great. I'm L20 now and started doing 2-3 mobs at once as one mob at a time got dull. The only difference on instances is you cast pillaging stone only once and maybe withering vine. There's not much AOE until further down the trees. My main is a mage and rocks through the dailies against any number of mobs as Chlorolock. It's nice in raids for the AOE heals and 400 - 500 dps.

Champion of Telara

Now that I look it at more, it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of difference between Crystalline Missiles with Velocity and Improved Void Bolt. Both cast at 1.5, Void Bolt has about 8% less damage but only costs 3 points for Improved compared to 5 for Velocity.

Now I am trying Warlock/Chloromancer with just 8 in Elementalist strictly for Lightning Bolt and plus Crit. I tried a build without Chloromancer yesterday and I died a lot in PvE, I don't think I can do well solo without Bloom and passive healing.

When I get some PvP levels, I'll try Warlock/chlor/Archmage which seems to be a popular build. Although I will misss those monster Lightning Bolt hits!

+ Reply to Thread