+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 51Chloro/??? where do you put the other 15?

Champion of Telara

Default 51Chloro/??? where do you put the other 15?

I could see Dom for the int, deny and reflective command. I could also see Warlock for opportunity and the extra charge.

What are you using?
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Opportunity in my opinion is worth it anymore when you could go 10 in dom for the intelligence, since it scales through the roof with naturals awareness, and take 5 in elemental for the 5% extra crit.
    <Mirage>
    Santoisms - Level 65 Mage
    www.twitch.tv/the_santoisms

Shadowlander

15 warlock/0 Archon
    Opportunity is irreplaceable
    Last edited by Torrax; 07-13-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fadorlaian View Post
    Opportunity in my opinion is worth it anymore when you could go 10 in dom for the intelligence, since it scales through the roof with naturals awareness, and take 5 in elemental for the 5% extra crit.
    Charge is definately worth it. With wild growth, corrosion, splender and entropic you need the charge
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Torrax View Post
    15 warlock/0 Archon
    Opportunity is irreplaceable
    opportunity isnt as needed as much as charge and the ability to recharge mana mid fight if you need to.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post
    opportunity isnt as needed as much as charge and the ability to recharge mana mid fight if you need to.
    Yeah cuz of that you put the other 10 points in life and charge. Didn't mention it because i thougth the other 10 points were clear^^

aux

I went with 10 Dominator for Deny (teh awesome), Reflective Command (quite useful sometimes) and that 10% int.
    I don't feel the need for more Charge, so I put the rest in Elementalist for 5% crit. 15 Dominator looks somewhat useful as well, but those extra skills (slow, silence, mana drain) would be very situational while 5% crit is useful everywhere.
    I carry some mana pots, and with those I have no mana issues at all.
    Last edited by aux; 07-13-2011 at 05:23 AM.
    I'm so BORED

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    I went with 10 Dominator for Deny (teh awesome), Reflective Command (quite useful sometimes) and that 10% int.
    Yeah usefull...but if we talk about max healing there is no use for cute spells like transmorgrify or stuff like that. Reflective Command is quite usefeull but not as full healer. I have an extra chlorospec with reflective command for uruluuk. Thats it. So if you want to push the healing to the limit you should run 51 Chloro/15 Warlock/ 0 Archon. Let the Rogues or Clerics do the fancy stuff (interrupt, purge, cleans,...) and focus on your healing

I don't feel the need for more Charge
    more charge = more often entropic veil = more dmg = more heal. There's a huge use in it imho
    Last edited by Torrax; 07-13-2011 at 05:29 AM.

10 warlock-5 elementalist
    15 warlock-0 archon
    10 warlock-5 am (pvp)

aux

Yeah usefull...but if we talk about max healing there is no use for cute spells like transmorgrify or stuff like that. Reflective Command is quite usefeull but not as full healer. I have an extra chlorospec with reflective command for uruluuk. Thats it. So if you want to push the healing to the limit you should run 51 Chloro/15 Warlock/ 0 Archon. Let the Rogues or Clerics do the fancy stuff (interrupt, purge, cleans,...) and focus on your healing
    Preventing damage is often better than healing it. That's what squirrel and Reflect are for.
    For example with this and Natural Conversion I can catch all Death Blasts from that xDSM undead boss dude. Handy when you get a group that didn't spec for interrupts (rogue tanks don't get one in their tanky tree). And there's more bosses with big hits that can be reflected.

more charge = more often entropic veil = more dmg = more heal. There's a huge use in it imho
    I prefer timing it for when it's needed, rather than maximizing uptime. I've not had any charge issues.
    Last edited by aux; 07-13-2011 at 05:35 AM.
    I'm so BORED

Shadowlander

I prefer timing it for when it's needed, rather than maximizing uptime. I've not had any charge issues.
    Thats a huge loss of charge. Are you talking about raids here? All these possible spec with chloro/dom are okay for expert dungeons but just useless in raids. You will never have an unprepared group without any stuns.

Go with dom for deny and int for aoe, or go WL for tank heals.

According to bluedot your main spam for aoe is radiant spores and void life, for tank it's void life and natures touch.

Aoe heals won't benefit from opportunity while tank heals will only benefit from opportunity for natures touch.

I go DOM, deny is too good to give up.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 07-13-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Thats a huge loss of charge. Are you talking about raids here? All these possible spec with chloro/dom are okay for expert dungeons but just useless in raids. You will never have an unprepared group without any stuns.
    Personally I'm using 10 lock, 5 elemental. While not /needed/ per say, Opportunity is still useful, extra charge is always a good thing, and 5% more crit is pretty nice.

aux

Nah, I'm usually the buff lady when I raid, not got much experience as a raid healer. I think I'd still favor the passive boosts and Deny though. Squirrel is also useful in GP & GoS. I should parse a bit to see how much it really matters...
    I'm so BORED

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Nah, I'm usually the buff lady when I raid, not got much experience as a raid healer. I think I'd still favor the passive boosts and Deny though. Squirrel is also useful in GP & GoS. I should parse a bit to see how much it really matters...
    you should 8)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast