+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: greater essences for chloro

Soulwalker

Default greater essences for chloro

which greater essences are good for the chloro spec ?

http://rift.xanadu-community.com/images/items/684.png

this one i already got from the water raid rift.

the greater essence which you can buy in sanctum (boost for radiant spores) http://rift.zam.com/en/item/C8AEE7F2...ched-Soulstone - can anyone recommend it ?

deep one tear from whitefall
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Probably no greaters are good for chloro unless necrotic rage, because they dont work well with the chloromancer mechanics, both FDOT and CV are for clerics imo.
    <Mirage>
    Santoisms - Level 65 Mage
    www.twitch.tv/the_santoisms

The 2 ward greaters work just fine with chloro mechanics. As far as Crystal vine goes, ward proc >> healing proc any day of the week in my book. I'm set up for a chance to proc 2k wards per LV heal.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

its a waste of a slot, when you could get 150 more mana, more sp and crit, if your going 51 points in chloro the greaters just aren't worth it. much better off getting 5 lessers, and rage greater. i'm at like 10.2k mana raid buffed and first in meters everytime around 1100+ veil swapping.
    <Mirage>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    The 2 ward greaters work just fine with chloro mechanics. As far as Crystal vine goes, ward proc >> healing proc any day of the week in my book. I'm set up for a chance to proc 2k wards per LV heal.
    which greater essences do you mean ?! can you please link them or write the whole name

Crystal Vine and Frozen Deep One Tear, FDOT is from Whitefall in IPP, and Crystal Vine is somewhere in Stillmoor the guy who sells planar. I would look into finishing the Necrotic Rage quest, damage/healing spells have a chance to increase spell power by 60, the questline starts in IPP in Sanctuary.
    <Mirage>

Soulwalker

ah ok these two greater i already have in my chloro sigil but those are just lvl45/lvl42 - and necrotic rage is in my dmg sigil

so the greater essence, which you can buy in sanctum isnt worth it ?

Personally for River of Souls and Hammerknell, I don't think so, I think more intelligence the better sicne your getting more SP and SC through INT.
    <Mirage>

lgw

Shield procs >> anything else for Chloros. Even at abmyssal proc rates (in reality they're quite reasonable) they do more to help the MT alone than any current SP increase can. Now add that we're always healing 5 or even 10 targets, and the situation becomes clear.
    There's a huge difference between me healing Uru, or another of our Chloros. Although he's only some SP behing (or actually a bit ahead when adding Lost Favour), my triple Shield procs have such a big impact, that we rarely have sombody even drop low - which a quick Bloom or Healing Breath fixes easily...

Rift Disciple

Keep the one you have from the water raid rift and a frozen deep one tear from the merchant in whitefall (IPP). Then pick up the shield trinket from alsbeth. if you can't get that trinket then get lost favor from RD, or musical tide from DD imo. Lost favor gives ~70 sp on heals and procs off your veils, musical tide gives 40 end (400 hp) and procs off veils aswell and is up constantly on the tank when you're synthing the MT.

Soulwalker

ok thx guys ... then i'm going for the shield essences - just the trinket from alsbet is missing and then a second hailstone tailshared for the both new sigils (water & death resi)

Soulwalker

one more ;)

anyone can recommend the low lvl rune for offhand which also has a procc chance for a shield absorbing 200dmg ? and as a chloro i should use SP or INT runes ?

Rift Disciple

Does the game treat damage abilities such as Void Life/Natures Touch/Vile Spores/Ruin as healing abilities, or will it only proc off pure healing talents, such as Bloom/Natural Healing ?

I recently dinged 50 and am deciding if as a mage I need separate Sigils, or if a one size fits all approach is best, i.e. 5 lesser + Necrotic Rage is going to be best for all specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ettu View Post
    Does the game treat damage abilities such as Void Life/Natures Touch/Vile Spores/Ruin as healing abilities, or will it only proc off pure healing talents, such as Bloom/Natural Healing ?

I recently dinged 50 and am deciding if as a mage I need separate Sigils, or if a one size fits all approach is best, i.e. 5 lesser + Necrotic Rage is going to be best for all specs?
    You're going to want separate sigils. I have crit lessers and two greaters (one heal over time and one shield). The greaters proc off spores, and crit lessers for me cause I prefer crits as healing.

Also just an FYI to everyone apparently the SHOE (sacred eth trinket) is getting its proc rate lowered AND no longer procs off LGV in 1.4. So say goodbye to that as a chloro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast