+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Build for soloing minor rifts?

Soulwalker

Default Build for soloing minor rifts?

I'm 44 and my Rogue is able to solo all stages of rifts if things go rights. 1-4 are easy with him. However, I can't seem to find a spec to do it with the mage.

I've tried chloro/elemental, necro/warlock with no luck. Chloro/elemental had probably had the best shot at it but I cant get past the timer on the 3rd round with him. I definitely wouldn't be able to do round 4 with either.

Rift Disciple

I would suggest go with both, chloro/elemental for the stage 5 elite, and necro/warlock for stages 1-4. Try and save any red crystals(and use all non red so they respawn as red) to help with the timed stages if you can.

This will do it. I have been soloing level 50 minors to bonus stages including stage 6 with this build for months.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....xfzczdcupo.xh

The most important ability is by far quicken elements otherwise it is impossible to keep you pet up. Other important benefits on this build are self heal and sac life: mana from lock. This way you can keep yourself up and have endless mana. This build can also solo Major Rifts to stage 4. What prevents completing stage 4 is the timer.

Also note that this is a solo build not a raid/dungeon build.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind1 View Post
    This will do it. I have been soloing level 50 minors to bonus stages including stage 6 with this build for months.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....xfzczdcupo.xh

The most important ability is by far quicken elements otherwise it is impossible to keep you pet up. Other important benefits on this build are self heal and sac life: mana from lock. This way you can keep yourself up and have endless mana. This build can also solo Major Rifts to stage 4. What prevents completing stage 4 is the timer.

Also note that this is a solo build not a raid/dungeon build.

Interesting. Im going to try this. Stage 4 is the hardest for me with the number of mobs and time. How do you approach that?

I just chloro everything down....so easy
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Plane Touched

To be honest, you should be able to easily do every stage but the last as necro/lock/archon. I used to be a heavy necro while leveling up and it did wonders with soul purge to keep yourself and your pet up. Against elites in the final stage at times though, you should have a full point elementalist to solo it. Sure, it will be slow going if you have to heavily channel-heal your pet to keep it alive, but the monster will eventually die.

Quote Originally Posted by KatyPerry View Post
    Interesting. Im going to try this. Stage 4 is the hardest for me with the number of mobs and time. How do you approach that?
    I aoe.

Send my pet and round up as many as I can (4-5), pop Ice Shield, then Burning Ground, then Fire Storm. Rinse repeat till stage 5.

The nice thing about doing this as Pyro is you can focus on pet healing then use your insta's to whiddle them down. Since Pyro burst is high, you can heal and burst at the same time and drop the mobs fairly quickly. When tanking stage 5 elites, keep pet topped off then dps with Flamebolt/Inferno/ignite/Countdown based on what CD is up. In some cases you can also throw in a fireball here and there depending on pet health. I have found sticking to instas makes things a lot easier in case there is spike damage which is much heavier on some Rifts as others (Death).
    Last edited by Steelwind1; 07-13-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Soulwalker

Soloing a minor rift with a mage is quite easy, just you must follow some rules:1. Do not use Elementalist or Necromancer, because i think you will not want to keep alive your pet, when you can do dmg, and if your pet will die... You will die too. 2. Use Necrolock (16pts in Necro to Soul Purge, wich is quite a good combat-healing spell, and the rest to lock, more pts in lock=more DoT dmg.)3. Rotation against multiple targets: cast Life Leech to an ememy, then press Tab, and cast again, so your HP is OK, if you casted it to 4 enemies at least, cast Dark Touch and Neddra's Grasp to an enemey and cast Radiate Death, then QQ with Mortality or cast Devouring Shadows. In bosses: put all of your DoTs on and cast one Void Bolt to refresh Life Leech, and cast Soul Purge. You have a lot of life saving spell, like Shadow Life, Neddra's Essence, Mass Fear, Reconstruct.

Quote Originally Posted by Werdase View Post
    Do not use Elementalist or Necromancer, because i think you will not want to keep alive your pet, when you can do dmg, and if your pet will die... You will die too.
    /boggle

So are you suggesting to just stand there and Mage tank the mobs? I assume you haven't played Ele or Necro based on these statements? GL with stage 5!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind1 View Post
    /boggle

So are you suggesting to just stand there and Mage tank the mobs? I assume you haven't played Ele or Necro based on these statements? GL with stage 5!
    While I don't agree with using Warlock for Minor Rift bosses, it works just fine for the trash. Infact, no other mage, solo AOE's like a lock. Warlock Armor and Life Leech will keep your HP from dropping too fast. Mortality will shoot you back to full in one tick with 4 people hitting you. Choke will allow you to stack up pesky casters for AOE.

For bosses I'd switch rolls to a build with a heavy elementalist side. Maybe a SC/Elem or Pyro/Elem. Make sure you have the improved Quicken Elements.

Soulwalker

My issue isn't necessarily that I cant get through phase 1-4, it's that I can't get through stage 4 in the time limit as a Necro/lock. Nor can I as a chloro/elemental. The latter will be perfect for stage 5.

Soulwalker

i dont know what the problem with mage tank in minor rifts... Just keep on the Life Leech and othr DoTs and DevouringShadows or Mortality. If your hp will go down to 20% use Shadow Life and Neddra's Essence, and cast Soul Purge... You can tank S. Jaw\you will need a bit heal), or you can tank Tzikk Clikk (or who the **** is that abyssal artifact boss) only by yourself with no healer or other dps/tank, just keep up the dots and use charge to SP every time if you have 40+ charge(so dont use defile)
    or you can be zoomancer, lot of pets ****ing high dps, and use Skeletal Knight, for tank, if you want and spam SP after EmptyTheCrypts.
    Yes yes pyro ele is also great, but you must focus on pet too

Telaran

It's pretty trivial to get to the last stage with Chloro/Lock. Devouring Shadows, Nature's Fury, Corrosion, Void Bolt, Bloom and Flourish are really all you need. The background healing of Warlock Armor and Life Giving Veil make it feel like you are wearing much heavier armor. Most of the final stage bosses are cake with Life Leech, Withering Vines, Wild Growth, Ruin, Nature's Fury, Void Bolt spam, but there are a few bosses that require a lot of fear kiting because they mana drain or have a combination of stun and large burst damage, so I sometimes switch to a pet spec for those. I'll usually save the buff crystals for the last stage. The green ones provide a lot of additional healing.
    Last edited by Luno; 07-14-2011 at 08:49 AM.

32 chloro, 34 lock.

No problems at all getting to stage 5.

stage 5,
    if mob is not CC immune swap to 32 dom, 34 lock and snare+nuke to death, use squirrel to reset snare cooldowns.
    if mob is a caster use 32 dom, 34 lock. Full charge reflective presence: mob kills itself.
    if mob is CC immune stay 32 chloro 34 lock and use cooldowns and life nukes to tank mob (high chance of success, most CC-immunes do lower damage).
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast